Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on July 24, 2011
I bought this book for two online courses I took in college. Although the book has many interesting pictures and topics, I was confused quickly. The biggest problem that this has is the lack of cohesive writing. Every paragraph feels like a completely separate piece of information, and the transition between paragraphs is weak and uninteresting. Another problem is how topics are placed. This book doesn't follow a chronological order. Every paragraph will throw a different date at you, and you will be swinging between completely unchronological dates.

It might be an interesting book for a recreational reading season, but for a history class, it was indeed a terrible choice.
on July 6, 2013
This is the worst excuse for a textbook I have ever encountered not only in my vast academic experience (private schools, University of Florida graduate (BA), Texas Tech University graduate (MS), and now pursuing another degree to earn my doctorate) but in my entire life. Not only is it painfully and blatantly obvious that the "authors" (I use that term LOOSELY) have a liberal political agenda, it is SO POORLY WRITTEN I FEEL LIKE I WAS CRAWLING NAKED THROUGH BROKEN GLASS trying to understand whatever point(s) they were trying to make. How is that for a run on sentence? Every chapter was so riddled with grammatical errors, it was a interminable struggle to get through the reading. Run on sentences, lack of punctuation, fragments, cessation of thought midsentence, general lack of cohesive organization - and that's not even beginning to touch the glaringly obvious lack of academic citation. It utterly lacks any objective writing or factual evidence to back up any claims it makes. Had this been written in my high school English class fifteen years ago, the author of it would fail the class.This so-called travesty of a "textbook" is absolute garbage. Whoever wrote, edited, published and ultimately decided that this should book should be utilized at any academic establishment should be duly fired. I am so beyond offended and enraged that this is what is being used to teach anybody.
0Comment6 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2015
Got me through U.S. History, but didn't appreciate seeing Natives being referred to as "Indians". There is no excuse for such an ignorant move.
on July 26, 2014
The book was very useful for the course I was enrolled in and was very neat and clean!!
on July 21, 2013
This book was instrumental in getting a very good insight on The Revolutionary times, and will ensure me an "A" in this class.