5.0 out of 5 stars Women Get Angry, Too
Published on November 24, 2004 by John M. Hamel

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a self help book at all.
Published on July 30, 2008 by Fran

5.0 out of 5 stars Women Get Angry, Too, November 24, 2004
John M. Hamel (San Rafael, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Anger Workbook for Women: How to Keep Your Anger from Undermining Your Self-Esteem, Your Emotional Balance, and Your Relationships (New Harbinger Self-Help Workbook) (Paperback)
As a mental health practicioner and specialist in the fields of anger management and family violence, I highly recommend Laura Petraceks's new book. To her credit, the author does not minimize or excuse women's anger, and understands that whether directed inwardly or outwardly, aggressive impulses are highly destructive regardless of the individual's gender. But the author also understands that in some ways women experience anger differently than men. Her sections on anger and depression are insightful, and her discussion of PMS is straighforward and refreshingly un-PC. Overall, the information is presented clearly and directly, and the exercises well-thought-out and practical. It should be a wonderful aid to any woman seriously working on anger issues, whether she is doing so in an invidual, couples or group therapy setting.

4.0 out of 5 stars Women Handle Anger Very Differently Than Men, January 9, 2007
Debem (Choctaw, OK) - See all my reviews
I believe it is vitally important for our society to realize that men and women handle and exhibit anger in very different ways. This book has taught me a lot about feminine anger, and subsequently my own anger. I've found it to work especially well in conjunction with individual therapy. I highly recommend this book to women suffering from depression and/or anxiety, since those are both common masks of feminine anger.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a self help book at all., July 30, 2008
Fran (Florida USA) - See all my reviews
I read the introduction of the book online and thought it might be a good self help book to understand anger. However, the book gave a lot of exercises with abstract questions and no explanations or further readings. I guess unless if the person is already in somekind of anger management workshop or have a therapist to guide her, it is not a useful book at all. It's actually quite a frustrating experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Anger Workbook, December 9, 2004
I would definitly recommend the "Anger Workbook for Women," Dr. Laura Petracek was excellent in way in dealing with inward and outward anger. Her recommendations and advice, and workbook style pages is a great ways to address you anger and also keep a journal to see your own improvement.This book is a great resource and a great deal!

2.0 out of 5 stars This is a workbook only, not text!, October 29, 2006
DM (Fountain Valley, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this book in error, I thought there would be something I could read and learn with maybe a few writing exercises. Either I should have read the description better or else a better description should have been written. Anyway, there is only one or two short paragraphs to read then a whole bunch of questions to answer. Some of the questions I didn't even understand, and there is no explanation afterwards as to what my answers mean. I was very disappointed especially since I am unable to get my money back, having written in it already.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anger Work, December 21, 2007
This has been an excellent help for not just myself, but for clients I have worked with as well as friends I have shared ideas with in how to deal with anger issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Resource, May 18, 2010
Provides great information for working with women who are trying to understand their anger. 'Hidden Anger' is discussed in a way that relates well to women.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Anger Workboook for Women, May 12, 2012
I found this workbook to be wonderfully written and very useful if you are trying to isolate causes for your anger and learn some tools for how to get better control over anger. As with all self-help books, you will get out of it what you are willing to apply in your lives. For those of you who are looking for some insight into how a woman deals with anger, I highly recommend this workbook.

5.0 out of 5 stars My number one choice for anger management, August 21, 2013
I have used this tool with both men and women, so I would say first and foremost that some of the tools in here are definitely gender neutral. That said, I work in a women's correctional facility and use tools and techniques in this book on a daily basis to assist women inmates in learning better ways to manage their anger. It is refreshing to see chapters dedicated to how women internalize feelings of pain and anger, as well as acknowledging our society's preference for women to stuff their anger rather than express it. It has a variety of self evaluation tools to encourage insight, and I have had several women request their families to purchase this on their behalf. Highly recommended for anyone that works primarily with women.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, December 17, 2012
Workbook is very informative and focuses on all aspects of possible roots for anger.
I would highly recommend this workbook.

Rate and Discover Movies