5.0 out of 5 stars well done
Published on April 17, 2010 by Marianne Bacon

1.0 out of 5 stars Inaccurate
So many things that are Biblically inaccurate. I found even my children correcting these movies. My biggest concern was the way they showed Jesus carrying only wood~not the cross~which is the main message of the Bible. I prefer to only let my children watch things that line up with the Word of God, not to confuse them.
Published on October 6, 2011 by moms

5.0 out of 5 stars well done, April 17, 2010
This review is from: The Animated Stories From The New Testament - He is Risen (DVD)
I just saw one of these on EWTN, and was watching carefully for anything unworthy of the subject (the cartoon was about the betrayal and death of Jesus). I was glad to see that the production was dignified and even beautiful at times, and would be suitable for showing to pre-school and school aged children. There is scripture text used on the screen at times, which adds a sense of weight, and the music is good.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for my kids, August 19, 2010
long time favorite of mine when i was a kid now my kids love it too

5.0 out of 5 stars He Is Risen, September 15, 2011
Good video for kids and adults alike. My grandkids love these videos and when I find at good price I buy for them.

5.0 out of 5 stars He is Risen, March 29, 2009
A very good video for children. Received video in good condition and excellent timing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Accurate, April 18, 2012
Robert (The Mountain of the Lord's House) - See all my reviews
This is a great old cartoon. The despair of the apostles is palatable. Pontius Pilate is correctly depicted as not fully responsible for the death of Jesus; yet he is still depicted as a cruel man. Caiaphas the Jewish high priest is shown to be deceptive and insidious (although Annas, Caiaphas' father-in-law and former high priest is not mentioned). The multiple accounts of the events after Jesus' death are reconciled. The believing women are portrayed as strong and unafraid. The two angels are gloriously angelic and the ascension of Jesus is wonderful.

There are only a few Biblical inaccuracies; for example the bread the apostles eat for the Pass Over is depicted as modern leavened bread, but these inaccuracies are petty.

The animation of this film is standard for the 1980's, but it will not impress animation enthusiasts. For Bible believers this will be a great purchase. More films like this one would be a blessing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great., April 3, 2014
Nest does a great job of producing these dvds, and the seller did an excellent job of getting it to us on time.

5.0 out of 5 stars DVD, December 25, 2013
I bought this for a church Easter event and it was great! It was perfect for the age group of children that were going to view the movie!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, November 9, 2012
I have this episode and it is very nice. It is from and inspired by when Jesus rose from the tomb. The voice actors are great and the art gorgeous. I love the colors too. I am an artist and let me tell you that they are able to get details drawn very nicely. And the hands look great! (Drawing hands is a huge weakness of mine.) Watching these episodes inspires me to use my gift of art for God to make my own animated stories about God for children and those young at heart like me to help bring them even closer to God. This is a wonderful series. A real joy. God Bless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Accurate, April 18, 2012
Robert (The Mountain of the Lord's House) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Easter DVD, April 14, 2013
Bought this for Easter for my kids & I love it. I remember growing up with the VHS version of these & I still remember them well & wanted my kids to have them too. They are so much cheaper on here than buying them thru the living scripture website. I expect to buy & collect as many as I can on Amazon to save $.

ARRAY(0xa1c4b33c)