The Animatrix Gift Set (Includes CD Soundtrack)
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
- Includes CD Soundtrack
- "Scrolls to Screen: The History and Culture of Anime" documentary
- 7 featurettes with director profiles, interviews and behind-the-scenes footage of each of the films
- 4 audio commentaries
- "Enter the Matrix" videogame trailer
Top Customer Reviews
Final Flight of the Osiris: Square pictures deliveres, in stunning CG detail, an entertaining plot that leads right into Reloaded and the Enter the Matrix game. There's a sword fight simulation, a chase scene in the real world on board the Osiris and some delightful acrobatics done inside the matrix. The visuals look even better than FF: The Spirits Within. A-
The 2nd Renaissance Parts 1&2: This short does a great job at telling the history of mankind from the not-too-distant future to the time of the first Matrix movie. Graphic battle scenes ensue and there is imagery that parallels the Tieneman Square Rebellion and Vietnam war executions. You really feel that mankind has been wronged by the end. B+
Kid's Story: One of my two favorite shorts on the compilation, it tells the story of a lonely American high school student who discovers that the matix exists in a similar way to how Neo did in the first movie. The beautiful art style must be noted because it's one of the things that makes this short stand out. The sketchy effect gives the caracter's a great sense of motion and personality. A
Beyond: This short, which was over two years in the making, shows an anomele within the matrix. It's a "haunted house" to the local kids who stumble across the various outworldly characteristics that had been overlooked in the matrix's programming. The kid's take the this glitch to be a playhouse of sorts, but there bubble gets busted later. A-
World Record: A world class runner almost breaks out of the matrix by breaking the set limits the human body was programmed to be capable of.Read more ›
1. Final Flight of the Osiris: Top notch computer animation and a story that leads straight into the second movie. This one is more eye-candy than anything else, but it's good eye-candy.
2. The Second Renaisance Pts. 1 & 2: The history of our future, as told by the archives of Zion. Learn the chilling origin of the Matrix, and learn that the machines aren't the only ones to blame for the downfall of humanity. Chilling and graphic imagery, with direct parallels to well known historical events. This gives us an expanded view of what Morpheus told Neo in the first movie. Not for the squeamish.
3. Kid's Story: Utilizing bizarre imagery, this is the tale of one young man who became aware of the Matrix, and his efforts to escape. Symbolism is thick, and there are thoughts on modern youth culture in this world.
4. Program: All cel animation, but you would never know from looking at it. Two lovers quarrel over returning to the Matrix as they fight in a gorgeous rendition of old Japan. This one will leave an indelible mark on the viewer. The keen ear will detect superb voice acting from Samuri Jack's title actor, Phil LaMarr.
5. World Record: This one is wholly symbollic of man's eternal struggle, not against machine, though the Matrix is certainly involved, but rather, against his own human limitations. A tribute to the indomitable spirit of humanity. This tale is about a track runner trying hard to push the limits of his mind and body...and paying a heavy price for doing so.
6. Beyond: A glitch...or a haunted house. Either way, a group of children discover a place of magic in the world.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I was never a fan of the Matrix trilogy (as the Nostalgia Critic says, there are more of us). But I adore animation and watched this set of short stories on an anime streaming... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Hannah
forget the matrix, this will give it to ya, if you like cartoony stuff style, good alternative
imagining what a full length movie in this class could be
The 9 shorts were pretty good. Its not necessarily a must see, but its a nice backdrop to the trilogy. Read morePublished 20 months ago by MonsterJam
Fills in some of the missing pieces of the story to the world of the Matrix. Great for people who have never seen the movies and a fun side bar for those that have. Read morePublished 23 months ago by Amazon Customer
Could have been better. "Final Flight of the Osiris" was good but some of the others were left field. Music was appreciated but then I am a fan. Read morePublished 23 months ago by Magyar Gastronome
Fast shipping, DVD and soundtrack are in awesome shape. Thanks. I've already watched it a bunch of times and have had no problems!Published on August 10, 2013 by Callie
|Topic||From this Discussion|
|Did anyone notice the F-bomb in Final Flight of the Osiris?||Be the first to reply|
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Animation
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Anime
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Drama
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Anime & Manga
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Sci-Fi Series & Sequels > The Matrix
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Animation
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Drama
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Sci-Fi & Fantasy