5.0 out of 5 stars Mythology, Fantasy, and Heart-Hammering Fear, June 8, 2009
S Simon (Weatherford, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
I was first introduced to Megan in Ms. Norris' first book of this series, The Crown of Zeus. The Crown never disappointed, and The Ankh of Isis is even better! Can you say mummy?

In this adventure, Megan and her friends get sucked into a book and find themselves in ancient Egypt. Their task? To find the Ankh of Isis before the bad guy. If they fail, they are locked in the book forever.

Fans of Percy Jackson and the Olympians will love this series as well.

I give it 5 stars because it is well-written, moves along at a fast pace, and is full of adventure.

4.0 out of 5 stars 2nd book in series! I can not wait for the rest!, February 16, 2010
This is the second book in The Library Of Athena. Returning are Megan and her friends Claire and Rachel. This time the girls must save Rachel, who accidentally gets pulled into a magical book with a crazy, gun-toting colleague who wants the Ankh of Isis. To get through the adventure, they will need all their knowledge of Egyptian history and any other clever skills they have.

With the end of Percy Jackson and the Olympians, this series is a nice one to turn to. It is mostly girls going through the adventures, but this one did feature a boy. The Ankh of Isis was really dependent on the kids knowing Egyptian history, more so than in the first book, The Crown Of Zeus. The clues were harder, and to be honest, if I were stuck in that book alone I'd be living in it for the rest of my life.