Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on August 29, 2009
This is very well written and organized book, written primarily for consumers, rather than professionals (who still will benefit, as I did). They have a knack for distilling things down to what is important to understand, as well as what to do.

Professionals and consumers alike will appreciate the Resource section in the Appendix. Many specific books and websites are recommended and nicely organized.

Recommended.

Mike Miller, PhD
[...]
on February 15, 2013
This book helps us understands general anxiety, really helps us diagnosed our condition. We've been reading this book for over a month now, there are a lot to learn, we need to reread and work with the exercises to help us deal with anxiety.
on February 6, 2014
One of the best workbooks available for addressing anxiety, panic and worry.
Offers tons of insight for patients into the origins and nature of anxiety as well as practical exercises for overcoming their doubts and fears.
on August 6, 2014
This book seemed to be a bit too clinical for me. My shrink recommended it to me and I let her know how much I did NOT relate! Too many exercises and long explanations for me. If you like homework this book's for you!
on June 16, 2015
This book was recommended by my son (who also used it with success) when I was struggling with anxiety and depression after retiring from teaching. I credit it as one of the tools that helped me to recover. It has very practical techniques and logical explanations that you can actually apply and use to turn your anxious thoughts around. I have since given this book to three other people and a doctor and counselor. They have all accepted it positively. I hope that it can help you and thank the authors for being a lifeline when I was struggling to find help! After reading some of these reviews I wanted to add that I just READ the book first as it suggested. I never completed the written excercises but filled them in in my mind as I went. That was enough to make a huge difference because what I needed were the TOOLS which reading gave me. I admit when I was depressed I didn't want to DO anything! Reading was okay...so this book explained what I needed to do to get better.
on March 2, 2016
Not a reprogramming guru crap book. Relatable with the understanding of coping and maintenance for all levels of nervousness or fear. Uses realistic sage advice and practices to help everyday situations. This book is an investment. Careful lending it out, you might not get it back!
on May 6, 2014
Maybe I have done too much research on Panic attacks and General Anxiety that any book I read will not offer excitement too me but since I do not recall much about this book then I am going to say it was ok . I did not like how the book would tell you to go back to fill something in but the pages did not seem to line up or in other words I had to search for what they wanted me to do. I agree some evidence will be helpful to stop your anxious thoughts but I do not agree with using the internet to find evidence. Actually, other than getting a clean bill of health from your Doctor I am not to sure finding evidence is a good thing. This leads to putting too much faith into something when you really just need to learn to live life until you cant.
on February 16, 2016
I am only 30 or so pages in and I can already tell that this workbook will give me the skill to be much more equip to deal with my anxiety and panic. I look forward to finishing this book and applying the techniques.
on April 17, 2013
AMAZING BOOK! If you or someone you know suffers from anxiety, this is a must read. The book offers a complete guide to overcoming the challenges and obstacles that anxiety can bring about.
on December 19, 2013
This is a practical guide to overcoming anxieties and becoming a present participant in the world around you. The methods are straight forward, use current principles of psychology (not self-help babble), and include lots of strategies for the reader to use. You can't just read it, you need to do the homework, but it changed my life for sure.