5.0 out of 5 stars My cats eat in peace!, December 5, 2004
This review is from: The Antser Ant-Proof Barrier (Beige) (Misc.)
We had such a problem with ants getting into the catfood bowls. The poor cats had to gobble their food down or risk having it overrun with ants.

Then I got the antser. You fill the bottom with a little soapy water, replace the top, and place it where the pets eat. Two cat food bowls fit on top of one easily. Since we have been using thw antser, we have had NO ants in the cat dishes (it's been well over a year). We check the water in the summer, but otherwise we don't do anything.

If you have a problem with ants getting into your pet's food, I cannot urge you more to get this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bye Bye Ants, June 8, 2009
This review is from: The Antser Ant-Proof Barrier (Beige) (Misc.)
We feed a colony of feral cats and leave bowls of kibble out approx 16 hours a day. We used to have a massive problem with ants in the food bowls and tried many products that just weren't effective in keeping the ants out of the food. Several years ago we purchased 3 antsers and have had no more problems with ants in the food bowls. Sometimes the cats are messy and will drop food on the ground next to the antser platforms. There will be ants on the ground, but never on the antser platforms and never in the food bowls. This is a wonderful and effective product.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best ever!, June 10, 2014
A. Bartoli (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Antser Ant-Proof Barrier (Beige) (Misc.)
Ants were everywhere. They crawled in through the windows, the cracks in the foundation, the back door that I always leave partially open. They crawled on the floor, the kitchen counter, the sink - you name it. Sometimes it was obvious where they were headed, sometimes not. Sometimes they would form a line coming in from one window and going out another. Huge colonies and anthills were well established on my neighbor's property, irritatingly out of my reach.

The ants were especially a problem with the dogs and cats. If a food dish was let to sit out for more than a few hours, the ants would be all over it, swarming in a frenzy. The dogs didn't seem to mind this, but the cats were put off and wouldn't eat the food once it was teeming with hundreds of ants. I took to moving the food dishes every few hours, trying to keep one step ahead of the ants.

I tried a lot of fussy products, some of which promised the ants simply wouldn't be able to climb up the sides of the dishes. All I can say is: never underestimate ants.

Then I found the Antser. Bob Gitzen's product works like a dream come true - if your dream is not to have ant covered-food. It's not like you are suddenly transported to Hawaii with a Rum and Coke in hand. I don't mean to imply that, and really if that is your expectation, I'm frankly not sure what you were thinking. However, as far as ants go, the Antser delivers in spades. Suddenly, no ants! Sure a few stragglers wandered around aimlessly, maybe getting a bit of water from the sink, but the food dishes were untainted! The great thing about the Antser is you can put this platform under anything you like, such as a compost container, a trashcan, a dozen donuts - anything you want to keep away from ants.

Bob offers a money-back guarantee, but you won't be returning this! I liked it so much, I bought four of them!

4.0 out of 5 stars NOT Dishwasher safe, February 14, 2012
Geekwench (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Antser Ant-Proof Barrier (Beige) (Misc.)
I bought two of these several years ago, and they work beautifully, but there is a caveat- these platforms are not dishwasher safe. I made the mistake of washing mine in the dishwasher, whereupon the various connection points softened and warped, making it very difficult to disassemble and reassemble the platforms. If these were dishwasher safe, I'd give them five stars, because they really DO work to keep ants out of whatever you place on the platform.

The Antser Ant-Proof Barrier (Beige)
Out of stock