4.0 out of 5 stars robuster
I liked the story very much.I thought it was well told.The price point was excellent.For readers who like quest books,treasure seeking,this is a top notch read. Two brothers on a vacation find something interesting in the outback and the race is own.Good work,worth the time and the money.Waiting for the next one!!!!!
Published on January 13, 2012 by robuster

1.0 out of 5 stars This is a stupid book.
Mix Dan Brown with that 'Aliens' guy with the weird hair from the History channel (Giorgio A. Tsoukalos) and then remove any skerrick of writing ability, and you would probably still come up with something better than this dreck.

This is a stupid book.

Published 8 days ago by Bic

4.0 out of 5 stars robuster, January 13, 2012
This review is from: The Anunnaki (The Chronicles of the Guardians Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, December 24, 2011
One of those books, that you can't put down! Fun, original, a great adventure. I'm fascinated with Annunaki and this is a great science fiction. For more solid information on this subject, I recommend you read Zecharia Sitchin's books... stay away from Maximilian de Lafayette (a lot of misinformation).

5.0 out of 5 stars Qestion, August 11, 2012
No sequal? Felt like I was left hanging. Excellent novel.... Need more. That's all I need to say about that.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is a stupid book., July 22, 2014

This is a stupid book.

We meet out designated hero, Tim, as he is giving a history lecture which segues into a bizarre rant about economics. He is then chewed out by the cartoonishly evil university dean which I guess is supposed to establish Tim as a maverick. This is undermined by the fact that the dean kind of has a very good point. We quickly establish Tim's primary character trait - he's an unlikable jerk.

This is a stupid, stupid book.

So the first half of this book is essentially a primer on Ancient Alien conspiracy rubbish, presented in a mind numbingly slow manner as Tim and his cohorts stomp merrily through a major archeological find with nary a care about the meaning of what they have found, just how much money they could make from it. (Our heroes, ladies and gentlemen!)

This is a stupid, stupid, stupid book.

The second half of the book has Tim and Co under threat from a coalition of Christians (who are all Catholic apparently), Muslims (who are all terrorists, apparently) and possibly the Jews, but don't worry - this book merely *implies* that Jews are evil. Classy!

This is a stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid book.

So Tim travels through the middle east & murders a few people (but he's the "good" guy, so it's totally ok when he does it). Accompanying him is his love interest, the supposedly brilliant grad student Cathy - who really just serves to give Tim a hot young woman to display on his arm, while annoying the reader to no end with her stereotypical damsel in distress behavior.

This is a... well I think you get the idea.

The dialogue is wooden, the characters are completely unsympathetic (I was rooting for the bad guys to win), the plot was completely implausible not to mention insulting to the major religions (and I say that as an atheist).

I think I am actually dumber for having read this. Let us hope that the threatened Book 2 never eventuates.

2.0 out of 5 stars terrible writing, December 19, 2013
it was nice he strung the ideas that have been out there for a long time, but gawd he was hard to read. way too much detail on elements that weren't necessary and way too many adjectives. but the one thing that really got me was his writing treatment of the doctoral candidate he mentored. obviously a candidate in her chosen field has to have smarts. and she did at the beginning. but by the time the adventure starts he turns her into a simpering airhead. i skipped a lot of pages.

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, November 13, 2013
I love Ancient Aliens and I love this kind of history and story, however, I found it hard to get through the first 10% of this. The Sausages and Onions thing is repeated about 6 times within two pages, the sentences are extremely short and choppy, and the dialogue feels contrived like it's coming from the same person spread over numerous characters. This feels like high school material at best, unfortunately. I'm not sure what demographic is giving this 5 stars, but it's definitely not. There is potential here but it's a ways off yet.

2.0 out of 5 stars The Anunnaki, January 16, 2013
The Anunnaki: This book is far too verbose with way too much padding to extend its length. Even a meal is described in detail as to its preparation and ingredients. A trip's whole route is described with every stop along the way. A ranch is described with details on every building and feature. The list goes on and on. None of this advances the plot in any way and 100 pages into its long length, you still have only a vague idea of what's going on.
At that point I gave up on it. I don't have too much patience with this slow pacing. It may be to the taste of others, and their may be a worthwhile story in here somewhere.

1.0 out of 5 stars None, August 22, 2012
Kat (Santa Rosa, CA) - See all my reviews
Am I reading the same book? All I can say is if this is the best book you have ever read (as some of the reviewers said) I feel sorry for you. The story line may be there but the author bores you to death telling you crap you don't need to know or care about. That is the big beef all the telling no showing. I'm only 15% into the book and I've lost count of !!!!!! way to many and none of them needed. Also the dialog is horrible. The characters come off as idiots. Usually I don't bother with a review, but really I bought this book based upon the reviews that must have all been written by family. This book had a good premise it just needs an author that is better at his craft. I'd like my .99 back please.

1.0 out of 5 stars Utterly uninspiring and disappointing, July 30, 2014
Caelidh "Caelidh" (Cincinnati, Ohio USA) - See all my reviews
Wish I could give this NO Stars
This could have potentially be a good book...the premise has potential, HOWEVER

The characters are one dimensional and stereotyped. The "evil" characters ARE cartoonish and ridiculous.
The "heroes" are boring and completely disappointing.

There is also some SERIOUS issues I have with the plot and the outcome. (is there going to be a sequel because the way it left off was VERY disappointing).

Here you have several potentialy interesting characters discovering and uncovering an ancient alien base in the Australian outback. Great, But as they go through and uncover the treasures of artifacts and technology that would blow your socks off.. two of the characters kept somehow being "bored" ???

Cathy, who starts out with some potentially interesting intelligence because of a thesis she is writing, ends up being merely a vapid girlfriend for the main character TIM.

The more serious issues I have with what they find and the ensuing "chase" that involves the POPE an evil DEAN and the Muslim Brotherhood etc... is that somehow it's the CIA and the US govt that turn up to "save them"/????

The CIA... and in exchange for saving them (which Tim and crew are non plussed by the involvement of the CIA) all the CIA wants is all the technology and weaponry that is contained on the base (of course) so the "US can maintain its edge OVER the rest of the world). Morally, TIM has NO qualms with that, as long as HE and his friends get the gold and the artifacts.

WOW, This is really disappointing.

Here you have all this earthchanging tech.. stuff that COULD POTENTIALLY be used for GOOD and to better the world and end suffering potentially (new energy source etc/??) and instead ends up yet again being in the hands of the US so THEY can essentially have POWER OVER the rest of the world (cause the US ANd the CIA are so upstanding??? give me a break)

furthermore, the way they portray JESUS as some evil "King" whose followers were merely trying to reinstate him on some throne.. wow.. I mean.. I have different theories about who Jesus was.. but that isn't one of them.. What a warped negative view.

This story just left me disappointed and uninspired. These characters are NO BETTER than some evil Annunaki race (which isn't even portrayed as evil.. more nuetral ) it is these humans who haven't evolved one iota, Seemingly have no desire to evolve, change the world for the better. NO, they just want power and gold and prestige.. This is what is wrong right now with humanity and we need to change it FAST if we are ever to survive!

I recommend HIGHLY checking out Mark Passio and his website WHAT ON EARTH IS HAPPENING if you want to see real change in the world.

Even as a work of fiction this book just falls flat.. Bleh... humanity is doomed if they find this story good..

3.0 out of 5 stars I liked the book, June 29, 2014
I liked the book, although it was a bit juvenile. I did like the fact that they were coming back at the end of the book, leaving an opportunity for a new book. Was a bit surprised to find out that the main character at one point had to kill a couple of people in order to complete his journey. It made the character have a little more depth. All in all it was eye opening thinking about the possibility that the Annunaki could be out there and coming back. Made you think that the author believed in it.

Rate and Discover Movies