Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

99%
Format: DVDChange

on January 12, 2013
What a great show from the creator of Yo Gabba Gabba! I was a big Aquabats fan (mhrhrmumble) years ago and now I can share their zaniness with my 6 year-old! He loves the characters, MC Bat Commander is his favorite because he thinks the blacked-out tooth and mustache are hilarious. I'm a Jimmy the Robot man myself, who doesn't love a compassionate robot? He loves the cartoon introductions, and I do too because they harken back to the "Hey, look we found a cartoon!" transitions of the kid's shows from my youth.

But the biggest draw of the show is the Aquabats' madcap adventures! They are full of action, comedy, and suspense with a little wink to reassure the kids that it's not supposed to be full-on scary. They throw in schlocky sci-fi monsters, Scooby-gang mysteries, old beach movies, and old west showdowns between robots! It is one of the most entertaining shows of any kind I've ever seen. In season 2 they have to team up with Man or Astroman! and then my my son will be fully indoctrinated in fun surf-punk!
on January 12, 2013
I love everything about this show. The 80s and 90s references are great. The "commercials" are spot on, and they always find a clever way to slip in clips of an ongoing cartoon series. I don't want to give anything major away, but when "The Dude" is introduced, it is the best thing. THE best thing. Possibly ever. I don't have kids right now, but suffice to say that I will be introducing this to my neese and cousins.
on March 18, 2013
Hey, Homies! Why are you reading this review?! Stop what you're doing and order this DVD!

Well, since you are reading, I'll tell you all you need to know about "The Aquabats! Super Show!" This band of five heroes, dedicated to truth, justice, and saving the world from boredom, are the stars of the greatest TV show to come along since... ever!! From mummies, to giant ants, to Floating Eyes, to crazy-robot-faced mavericks, and everything in between, these guys whoop major butt, for reals! The Aquabats put the "Super" back in "Heroes"! With the help of such luminaries as Rip Taylor, Lou Diamond Phillips, Samm Levine, and "Weird Al" Yankovic, among many others, our brave band of musical "Clown-Bag" kickers - The MC Bat Commander, "Crash" McLarson, Jimmy The Robot, Ricky Fitness, and EagleBones Falconhawk - restore order, burritos, doughnuts, and burgers - delicious, delicious burgers - to the world. Oh, yeah... I almost forgot; they also happen to be THE GREATEST BAND IN ALL OF SPACE-TIME!!!!! Listen to the opening song, and you'll know what I mean!

Kids of all ages, from -8 to 800, will love the zany antics of those zippy, zippy dudes, The Aquabats! And that's that.
on January 15, 2013
My 7 year old daughter said she likes this show. So I sit down and watch it.....BEST COMEDY ON TV AT THE MOMENT!!! A cross between Red Dwarf, Monty Python and X-Men...freakin' HILARIOUS!!! I rarely got to see the show on TV so I bought the DVD. Now my daughter and I can bond at normal hours on weekends.
on January 10, 2013
Such a despicable documentary of the bland hijinks of travelling, strangely-garbed "musicians" who double as strangely-garbed "super heroes". And by that, I mean they do nothing but travel around in their trashy van and beat things up! And of course, they cannot resist inserting their "music" into every episode - some sort of new-wave rock with goofy lyrics. I weep for the poor souls whose ears had to endure torture such as "Burger Rain!" and "Doing Science!". Not to mention that they fill their scripts with a brand of "humor" that I cannot bear to describe here - and yet they still struggle to fill an entire timeslot! Pitifully, they resort to padding out their episodes with randomly inserted cartoon segments will easily confuse pathetic human viewers with sudden shifts in setting and its ongoing subplot. I must also mention how much the pander to fans of obscure pop-culture, polluting their episodes with appearances by Weird Al Yankovic, Mega64, Rip Taylor, and more.

I rate it five out of five stars, because on a scale of how much I detest those nasty, do-gooder Aquabats, it would rank five out of five. I believe that is how this system works.
0Comment24 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2013
I'm not one for writing many reviews, but this show definitely deserves one. At first glance, it's a "stupid" kid's show. It features cartoon segments, musical interludes, wacky humor, and a fast-paced colorful plot. However, there is a lot adults can enjoy as well. This show really touches on what worked in shows from eras gone by, and as stated in many interviews with the Aquabats, this show is like a mixture of 60's Batman series meets the The Monkees, among other shows and pop culture references. But just when you think they're just goofy and wacky, they pull some pretty cool and heavy plot twists into play.
Sure, it's campy, but it's intentionally so. The timing, the writing/lines, the delivery, the music, and the band themselves all work so well together. You can tell they're having a blast while making this show, and they all gel so well together. Because of this show, I have also become an avid fan of their music, and throughout the years you can tell they still have that same sense of doing what they do best because they know it works and they enjoy it, not caring what others might think and just having fun. That sense of fun just makes the show that much better; for me it's really refreshing to see a show/band who doesn't think only of money and taking themselves too seriously.
I bought this series on iTunes, but am thrilled it's finally being released on DVD and am gladly putting out the money for it again, especially for any extras and commentary they might add!
on August 11, 2014
My almost five year old daughter loves this show. It's not too scary for her even though we have not seen much beyond cartoons. Sometimes she says the monsters are scary, but she really really likes it. I just wish we had started watching this BEFORE seeing the Aquabats live. She loved that too, but would have been even more excited otherwise. Oh well, next time.

Oh, and for those that don't know, this is basically the best of B movies, rubber monsters fighting the band, along with cartoons and fake commercials. Really fun to watch for both of us.
on February 15, 2013
We discovered Aquabats through watching Yo Gabba Gabba! My son absolutely loves them, and the Aquabats Super Show is wonderful! We watch about 4-5 episodes a day as his wake-up & bedtime routine through Netflix. Can't wait to buy the series on our Kindle so he can watch it on trips! Crossing our fingers for a season 2! :)
on June 11, 2014
First review of an Amazon product I've ever made, and this show is worth a first.
The DVD came in in fine condition and was packaged nicely, but that's not what you're reading this for now is it?

I had recently come into better knowledge of this show due to its fan-base, of all things, and such things like screencaps and GIFlsets piqued my interest. On first glance I thought it was just another series like that of Cartoon Network's adult swim shows, crude adult humor and just not my personal taste.
But it's not like that at all. Further looking this series up online showed that it was (well, kinda still is) aired on the HUB Network, and THAT was a big indicator that this show had to be appropriate enough for youngsters. Even further research revealed that these guys, their real life band, have always been there for the kids of all ages -- not looking down on children or trash talking kids tastes in life. These guys honestly love being out there and acting goofy just to brighten other people's days.
And believe me, I am quite satisfied with all of this.

And THAT is why I'm giving this show such a high rating, the fact that the Aquabats truly love what they do for the kids (and also due to the knowledge of their long history of trying again and again for a show).
It's a great, enjoyable show that has the right balance of silly and clever mixed together into one satisfying action comedy tv show.
Heck, I even got my 60-year-old mother, who can't stand crass humor, hooked on this series! A+

Yeah, the Season 1 DVD could have had some more bonus material and commentaries, but this is still a wonderful start.
My ONLY complaint (and it's not really for this product) is that there needs to be a "second season" (what did they call it, season 1.5?) DVD released ASAP!!! As of this moment, all I'm finding online is a site advertising "season 2 episodes", but in reality offering season 1 episodes
Perhaps those episodes and the "season 3" special episodes could be combined into one set. Either way, this needs to happen.
Until then, I will continue to refer this show to my friends, family, and whoever else would enjoy this.

Make it happen, guys!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2014
I've been a fan of theirs long before the TV show. If you love the old Sci Fi monster shows with actor in rubber monster suits and the Scooby-Doo cartoons, you'll love this show. Besides fun and music from the band themselves, the show also has cool guest appearances from the likes of Tony Hawk, "Weird Al" Yankovic, and Mark Mothersbaugh of Devo. Also, throw in a bonus cartoon during each episode: some have their cute bat mascot, others have the Aquabats' serial adventures illustrated anime style.
This show is on the Hub family network, and when I saw the Aquabats live in my town, there were plenty of kids there, from three year old kids to teenagers. Their live show also had plenty of songs from the TV show, so I really wanted to get this volume, and also not have to pay the mark-up at their merchandise table for it.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse