5.0 out of 5 stars Brand New Book
The book was new with no highlights or underlines. The envelop was sealed carefully and the book was in a great condition.
Published 2 months ago by Mohammed Al Moalim

2.0 out of 5 stars This book is backwards!
Published on September 20, 2005 by KLR

2.0 out of 5 stars This book is backwards!, September 20, 2005
KLR (Maryland, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Art of Classroom Inquiry: A Handbook for Teacher-Researchers (Paperback)
This book has already put me to sleep twice! The authors spend too much time on how to take notes and write a paragraph, which we should already know how to do. However, they spend little or no time talking about *real* research -- what makes a good research project? How do we formulate a hypothesis? What kinds of anecdotal information should we be looking for? This is the only one of my education textbooks that I will be selling back!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Starting Point, February 24, 2006
I purchased this text for a graduate course. It is a good resource to help teachers get started. If you feel clueless how to hone your questions and develop action research, this will help you get started from zero. However, I agree with the comments of "This book is backwards". The book does not get into the details of data collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brand New Book, April 29, 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars eh, I was looking for more, August 30, 2013
I was a little disappointed to see this book was not what I was looking for. I really can't use this text that much but I had great customer service and fast delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great service, January 13, 2013
Received the text just as described in an adequate number of days. Very happy with the fast and efficent service.

1.0 out of 5 stars Never came!, August 25, 2010
I needed a book for a class and it never came! I read the other reviews that said good things, so I thought it would be okay. When I contacted them about it I never got a response. Still waiting for my money back!

1.0 out of 5 stars Vague and incoherent, May 13, 2010
This book is appropriate for those who have little to no experience doing research. It is most appropriate for those wishing to do entirely qualitative investigations. I found it of little use.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Art of Classroom Inquiry: A Handbook for Teacher-Researchers, October 2, 2008
I purchased this text for a Capstone course. It was a qood reference to help me write a research paper. It helped me decide on my hypothesis and on questions to ask in a survey. It gave me a good insight on how to start on my research.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good resource for action research in the class., July 27, 2011
This book is easy to read and follow. The steps outlined in the text are supporting me through my classroom research project.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Student -Teacher Action Researchers, February 26, 2008
The book is easy to follow and read. It gives plenty of examples with student work samples, and in-class dialogue. It is fantastic!

The Art of Classroom Inquiry: A Handbook for Teacher-Researchers
The Art of Classroom Inquiry: A Handbook for Teacher-Researchers by Ruth Shagoury (Paperback - July 17, 2003)
$36.25 $32.20