5.0 out of 5 stars From a Creative's Point of View
Hi, my name is Alana Renfro and I am a graphic and web designer for interactive and advertising agencies. The 2003 edition of The Art of Client Service was the first one that I read when I first joined the agency world... and I loved it! Many of the ideas are common sense, but it is written in an engaging, informative and most importantly- memorable- style...
Published on June 5, 2008 by Alana

3.0 out of 5 stars of the 58 you'll find 15-20 gems…so find it cheaply and enjoy those gems
The format is engaging - a page or two on what Solomon finds to be the 58 things of importance in this field. They're grouped well, helping the efficient reader focus their time/energy on areas of interest. I found about 20 of them to be quite good, the rest either obvious or unhelpful. That said, for any one of us having knowledge of the industry, its possible that...
Published 10 months ago by A. Stone

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars From a Creative's Point of View, June 5, 2008
Alana (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Art of Client Service: 58 Things Every Advertising & Marketing Professional Should Know, Revised and Updated Edition (Hardcover)

Coming from the Creative side, it is helpful to understand the Accounts point-of-view, best practices and useful to implement them into your own daily practices. Many of the suggestions and rules laid out in this book are easily implemented into your life, especially if you are a one-stop shop or solopreneur!

The 2008 edition I now own and it is even better! There are new chapters, an updated bibliography for you fellow avid readers, and even more practical service examples. I highly recommend this book- get the 2008 edition, study it, implement it and become known for your phenomenal understanding of clients, creatives and accounts... and laugh a little bit, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for anyone in advertising!, April 4, 2008
Of all the book on advertising I've read, this is by far my top pick. It's an easy read and extremely insightful. I started my career as an advertising recruiter and this book helped inspire me to make my move into an agency. The chapters are very well laid out, interspersed with humorous anecdotes and personal examples.

I would recommend this book to anyone remotely connected to the advertising industry and even those who are not, as its advice transcends the advertising world. For the aspiring advertising professional it will provide a comprehensive introduction to the business side of advertising and I believe even the most seasoned advertising executive would find this a delight to read.

I know I will continue to reference this book throughout the rest of my career. Don't forget to check out the reading list which includes both classics of advertising literature as well as the latest influential books!

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't let this easy read fool you, this is important stuff!, March 22, 2013
I was given this book after managing accounts for 10 years. Admittedly, my favorite aspect of this book is that the chapters are a few pages long and that's all the author needs to get the point across. In these precious few pages, he manages to also sneak in relevant, real life examples that helps to bring the message home. If you're just starting out in your career, this is the kind of book that can give you great insight to start you off right. Even if you've been in the business for years, this book can be a helpful reminder or at the very least reinforce everything you've experienced up to this point. Either way, you should read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read if you work at an agency, May 10, 2014
Lots of great tips and tricks to consider for every agency person. Should be a requirement for working at any agency.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you can only read one book, pick The Art of Client Service, November 26, 2013
The Art of Client Service is an invaluable resource and should be mandatory reading for any marketing and advertising professional. It is the clearest, most complete, and easiest to understand book available on client services and provides insights and tips from someone that has “been there, done that” with big agencies and even bigger clients. For me personally this book was a guide and at times a lifesaver. Robert is a brilliant Author, a great mentor and I look forward to his next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for those who strive for greatness, October 29, 2013
Are you driven to be the best? Do you imagine the letters CEO or CMO as part of your title? Are you obsessed with learning more, and mastering your craft? This book is for you. A legendary career must start with a solid foundation. This book is a complete guide to how to do everything right. It's a quick read that you will revisit year after year, and share with your mentees over and over. If you follow Robert's advice you will stand out and go far. This is by far the best book for budding young account people, and a great refresher for those of us who need reminding from time to time. Thank you Robert!

5.0 out of 5 stars Required Reading, June 18, 2013
This book is a thoughtful read for those new and old to the agency business. It is filled with truisms and common sense reminders of how to build lasting relationships in the agency business. It will be required reading for everyone that works at our agency.

5.0 out of 5 stars Required reading, May 21, 2013
I NEVER do reviews but felt compelled on this book. I am in charge of a large account service organization. I make this required reading for new hires and have them pull out their favorite three or four lessons. I also have my staff pull a couple for us to concentrate on every now and then. Great insights, actionable and a very easy read.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE GO-TO BOOK ON CLIENT SERVICING, March 1, 2012
It's short, sweet, entertaining but infinitely valuable. As an account servicing professional, this is one of those books that gave me a foundation / clear definition of how an account servicing role (often the worst job in advertising) can, when done right be fulfilling and valuable. It's one of the books I know I need to read every 2-3 years for a dose of back-to-basics inspiration.

5.0 out of 5 stars Prescriptive advice for creating strong client relationships, November 3, 2011
In addition to sage, prescriptive advice, Robert demonstrates the importance of checking oneself with a good, hard look in the mirror -- to learn lessons, and strive for greatness in the craft of managing client relationships. Because this book is about how to interact with people, assume responsibility, and communicate important information, the personal advantage from reading "The Art of Client Service" could last an entire career.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›