4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and Creative Selection of Recipes
The Art of the Desert contains an interesting and creative selection of deserts put together by top pastry chef Ann Americk. Some of the recipes contains parings that are unique and provide an interesting culinary experience.

Published on November 18, 2012 by perrymasonary

2.0 out of 5 stars NO PICTURES
I am very disappointed....I love to cook and I have a lot of different and spetacular cook books. When this book arrived, I opened it and to my surprise it didn't have pictures...just 17 color pictures, some pictures in black and white and a lot of pictures of scales, pans,books etc..all of these pictures in black and white.
I was expecting a pastry book with...
Published on September 1, 2008 by Silvia Alves

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and Creative Selection of Recipes, November 18, 2012
This review is from: The Art of the Dessert (Hardcover)

Americk provides good instructions and information for each recipe. As another reviewer noted the book lacks photos. True the book does lack photos as there are only a few, but the addition of photos for illustrating techniques would have be helpful to construct the multiple component deserts.

The deserts are not all simple put together deserts, as several are multicomponent works of art. For the home baker that wants to experience a challenge and put together a knock out desert Americk's book is not to be overlooked.

5.0 out of 5 stars ART OF THE DESSERT, November 17, 2007
I AM AN AMATEUR BAKER. I HAVE READ AND AN TRIED NUMEROUS DESSERT AND
PASTRY RECIPES FROM MANY FAMOUS PASTRY CHEFS OVER THE YEARS. MS. AMERNICKS BOOK "THE ART OF THE DESSERT" IS BY FAR THE BEST OF THE BEST. THE RECIPES ARE FLAWLESS AND ARE ABSOLUTELY THE BEST I'VE EVER MADE AND TASTED IN ALL MY YEARS OF BAKING. THE RECIPES ARE CONCISE AND EASY TO FOLLOW. THERE IS NO FLIPPING BACK AND FORTH FROM ONE PART OF THE BOOK TO ANOTHER TO FIND SOMETHING THAT WAS MENTIONED BEFORE OR REPEATED. EACH RECIPE IS COMPLETE. MS. AMERNICK HAS OUT DONE HERSELF AND IS TRULY IN A CLASS BY HERSELF. I RECOMMEND THIS BOOK HIGHLY TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO CREATE THE BEST DESSERTS THEY HAVE EVER TASTED.

5.0 out of 5 stars these are top quality recipes!!, August 26, 2013
gfire "gfire" (austin, texas USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Art of the Dessert (Hardcover)
these are top quality recipes!! ann really elucidates which ingredients to use and lays these pretty difficult recipes out step by step.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ann is the best pastry chef in America, January 8, 2012
Evelyn Fine (Washington, DC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Art of the Dessert (Hardcover)
Beautiful and delicious. Ann's visual aesthetics are impeccable and her methods are fantastic. A timeless book for any aspiring pastriy chef, or any one who just likes to look at her masterpieces

5.0 out of 5 stars funj, August 25, 2014
beautiful. interesting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, May 13, 2008
EF (Maryland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Art of the Dessert (Hardcover)
Thank you for writing this book. I love, love, LOVE it. The recipes turn out perfectly. This book has made me look good on many occasions.

2.0 out of 5 stars NO PICTURES, September 1, 2008
This review is from: The Art of the Dessert (Hardcover)
I was expecting a pastry book with pictures to see the best way to work.
Now, I have a book I don't need for anything.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful cookbook, May 7, 2007
This review is from: The Art of the Dessert (Hardcover)
I was lucky enough to intern with Ann Amernick for a short time while she was doing final editing on this book, and got to test some of the recipes. They were all fabulous. Ann is a wonderful baker and a true artist. She provides detailed, easy to follow instructions, and shares professional techniques that she has learned over the years. This would be a wonderful addition to anyone's cookbook collection.

The Art of the Dessert
The Art of the Dessert by Ann Amernick (Hardcover - April 16, 2007)
Used & New from: $0.01