5.0 out of 5 stars The Only Guide You'll Ever Need!
Published 17 months ago by Tyler

2.0 out of 5 stars Asking Price Is Too Low!
The only helpful critique I would offer up on this book is that your asking price is way too low. This is a valuable book and with such a low price I fear that some people may be passing it up because they don't sense the value based on your price. I would bring the price up to be more in line with the book's true value.
Published 14 months ago by I'll be the judge of that!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Only Guide You'll Ever Need!, July 27, 2013
Tyler (chicago,il) - See all my reviews
After jumping into the first 20 pages of this skillfully written book, I knew I wasn't going to be able to put it down until the very end. Trust me, as an avid reader and as a runner I've come to realize that mastering the mental aspect of the game is the hidden key to the challenge. As athletes and people, we want to unlock our utmost potential day in and day out to reach our long term and short term goals. After sticking with this guide until the very end, I've come to realize that many of us have never even been near our peak potential. As they say in baseball, it's 90% mental and the other ten is physical. Having the right mentality, whether it be in sports or other areas of your life, can help you unlock your true potential and exceed in all of aspects of your life.

At the end of the day, this story isn't just for all the athletes seeking the mental edge, but it's for the "Everyday Warrior" looking to improve his or her level of performance, achievement, and success in all aspects of their life. In all, I'd give this professionally written guide a 9 out of 10 and I would highly recommend it to all audiences looking to unlock their highest potential. It's a very easy read that teaches in a unique and powerful way!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Info!, February 12, 2014
Gonzalez's is clearly very passionate about his writing as this is reflected in The Art of Mental Training.
This book teaches us how to eliminate the loser mentally and become a champion by controlling our mental state and limiting beliefs.
Packed full of practical tips and advise ready to be implemented.

Recommended reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars Training the Winning Mind!, January 26, 2014
I have been a motivational expert for three years now but it was not until I read this book that I realized the importance of mental training. Author, DC Gonzalez, is an expert at taking the words and making them flow so that the reader can infuse them into their daily lives. I especially liked the self-talk ideas and the mental preparedness.

The story about DC meeting his brother's great trainer was especially revealing that this book was meant for greatness. To end up by coincidence at the door of such a great mind was truly amazing. Then, what happens from there is fantastic. I liked the way DC and his friend handled the wild raccoons. I know raccoons can be challenging but wild raccoons and the way they got themselves out of that predicament is fantastic. DC takes his experience and couples it with his communication skill that takes you right to the front line. He is a well-accomplished author and I commend him on this book.

The powerful presence of his master coupled with his own knowledge and skill bring this book to life. I was able to develop a psychological skill required for peak performance and mental toughness that I was missing. Self-leadership and strategy underlie the tenets of this book and DC shows you how to do it in a step-by-step way. He points out the underlying strategies that lead to higher levels of performance and encourages the hard work that we all need to be successful in life. The author creates a powerful teaching connection through his stories showing you how to achieve the champion mindset in an easy to understand way. What makes this author unique is his writing style in the stories that he adds just at the right time when a story can drive a point home.

I do not have a chance to meet military people in my profession so learning from them from reading their story is important to me. I found this book both interesting and entertaining and I feel that you will too. Go out, get it, read it, I did! Then you too will learn from the expert insight TOO!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's all in your head, February 1, 2014
Both winning and losing all begins in your mind, whether the situation is small or great.
Gonzalez helps us to realize our ideal mental climate so as to open new opportunities for ourselves. We have got to strive for the IDEAL peace of mind, or the ability to be a warrior/champion, or else we will never be there in REALITY.

The Art of Mental Training will help take you to the point. Only purchase this book if you want to learn how to excel and increase your self-confidence and self-belief, as well as learn techniques to deal with emotions such as fear, anxiety, self-doubt, anger, and nervousness. If this is you, then I'd encourage you to take the first step towards peak performance and the first step is to purchase and read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Captured my Attention instantly., February 13, 2014
Great motivational book so far. It had me following the step by step instructions instantly after I finished reading it. It's full of great advice and performance enhancing techniques that are actually useful. What I liked the most was that everything written in this book was fresh and tailored to be understood, absorbed, and accomplished. It wasn't patronizing, far fetched or repetitive like some of the other books I've read. Excellent work. Five Stars from me here.

5.0 out of 5 stars A motivational read, February 13, 2014
I enjoyed this book immensely. The author did a very good job at writing a motivational, powerful and entertaining book. From the beginning to the end I was so caught up that I could hardly believe I had finished in less than a day. The book is truly well written. Gonzalez is a skillful writer who did a good job at keeping me entertained throughout the book. The step by step instructions were my favorite part. I love to read a book and get examples and tips it makes me feel as though the author is actually looking out for my well being. Gonzalez really captured the psychological part of training that I never knew existed before. I would recommend this book to any one who needs motivation to do well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, September 10, 2014
This is a very well written book. I have used mental training for excelling in Olympic skeet shooting and read many classics to hone my mental performance. I was expecting little out of this book because I thought I knew it all. Much to my surprise this book added to my arsenal and cleared many nagging doubts. The USP of this book is in its simplicity. Great authors and trainers have the knack of imparting knowledge in a very easy and succinct way. DC Gonzalez has this knack. A must buy for all those aspiring to reach greater heights in their sports perrformance.

5.0 out of 5 stars good read, February 1, 2014
It makes sense. Enough said.

Simple but tackles a complex situation very well. Highly recommended and we'll worth the money

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I read this!, February 14, 2014
As a former college athlete (and now a lawyer who does battle in the courtroom rather than the sports field), I know how important mindset is in basically any adversarial endeavor. DC Gonzalez has given us a great sports psychology book, but I also love that the concepts and techniques set forth in this book are applicable in everyday life, not just in athletic training. This book is for people who are serious about getting in the right mindset to be disciplined, motivated, and productive. It presents a powerful and important message for anyone, from the serious athlete to the ambitious businessperson to the experienced trial lawyer. The author writes in a way that is clear, easy to understand, engaging, and very inspiring. It is intuitive that our mental and emotional states affect the way we live our lives, but sometimes it's not clear how to harness the power of our minds, and this book tells us how to do just that. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars I was skeptical until I read the sample..., February 14, 2014
I didn't go into this expecting much, but was hoping to come up with at least a few ideas to help my daughter, who is an athlete, with some of the mental blocks that get in her way. This book gave me some new idea of things I could say to help encourage her, however, what was most impressive is the story-like way the ideas are delivered. It made reading this more fun than the usual self-help type of book. As with all self help books, I do wish sometimes there was a "cliff notes" for the busy reader to cut to the advice (I can try it and see for myself, I don't need to be convinced into trying it) however, this book made reading that extra content fun and interesting, so it ended up working out in the favor of this book. Also, THANK you TO THE AUTHOR because he/she clearly hired an editor to go over this (or is an excellent editor him/herself). Punctuation, grammar, etc. All well done. This was very well written. It's possible this author could even write a good fiction novel given the structure and delivery of this book. I'm impressed. Amazon only allows me to give five stars, but as far as this category of books is concerned, I think it deserves at least six.

The Art of Mental Training: A Guide to Performance Excellence (Collector's Edition)
$11.25 $10.13