5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome
Published on April 9, 2011 by John

I bought this one because I liked the one I have had for 10 years so much. The 10 year old one still has twice as many bristles as the new one. My 10 year old version looks exactly like the picture but that's not what I received. I'm disappointed in "The Art of Shaving".
Published 1 month ago by CWC76

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, April 9, 2011
John (Phoenix, AZ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Art of Shaving - Pure Badger Shaving Brush (Health and Beauty)
Best thing I could have done for my beard. Lifts the hairs and much less of an issue with ingrown hairs now. Go with the less expensive one. The difference is in the handle and the hard plastic looks the same and is perfectly fine. The bristles are the same and that's what's important. Worth the money. This companies products are great. The ingrown hair cream is great too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great brush and great value, April 7, 2012
Sometimes I don't see what all the fuss about brushes is. Personally, I think it's the least important part of the shave. Compared to technique, blades, and soap, the brush has very little impact. Unless you just have a terrible brush. I bought one of these brushes and have been using it at least 5 days a week for over two years. Absolutely no problems. Take care of it properly and it will last so long that the price will become inconsequential.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, December 4, 2010
This is a great shaving brush. It's a bit pricey but I think you definitely get what you pay for.

3.0 out of 5 stars I bought this one because I liked the one I have had for 10 years so ..., July 8, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the $$$, May 27, 2014
Good and works perfect. Only Sheds few bristles every now and then.

Price tag is great. Macys might get a heart attack

2.0 out of 5 stars Problem Piece of Art, March 6, 2014
This shaving brush looks great - on the shelf. Trying to use it presents a challenge however. The slick surfaced handle a bit short and is hard to hang onto if your hand is wet. That problem could probably be fixed by making the surface crosscut or pebbled.
I have been using shaving brushes for 50 years and was hoping this low priced brush would replace my previous brush which was dropped and broken after 20 years of use. Still looking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shaving with Art of Shaving Products, March 4, 2014
I treated myself to the brush, shaving cream, merkur blades and razor made by The Art of Shaving. I am now getting a much smoother shave then ever before. The initial investment is a little high but I have found that in the long run these products save money. The merkur blades are less expensive and last longer than the cartridges I was using. I just need a small amount of the shaving cream for each shave. I was so satisified that I sent my son the products as a gift. I would recommend these products to anyone who shaves.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Brush, January 27, 2014
I received this as a gift and while it isn't perfect, it has definitely improved my shaving experience. If you've never tried using a badger hair brush, put it on your list. It not only applies an even lather but it also gently lifts your facial hair which prepares it for a better shave. My issues with this brush are fairly minor.

The first is that it seems to lose a lot of hairs. You're supposed to dry these brushes upside down because water in the base can cause the hairs to fall out. I store mine upside down as you're supposed to, yet still lose a hair or two per shave.

The second is that it is a fairly prickly brush. It's not horrible, but I was expecting it to be softer. I've read that more expensive brushes (i.e. super badger or silver tip) are softer so I may trade in down the line.

For now though I'll stick with this one. Even with my minor issues (and keep in mind, I'm a pretty picky person), I think this is a good brush that definitely takes your shaving experience to the next level.

5.0 out of 5 stars my 2nd one. LOVE IT, October 25, 2013
great product, this is my 2nd brush, 1st one i received as a gift and lasted about 4 years. I definitly recommend hanging it brush side facing down. do not let the water sit in the base, this is what makes you loose brissles faster.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, January 10, 2013
this is a good product, my husband loves it. it prevents ingrown hairs. It is not as good as the white brush The Art of Shaving sells, but still does the trick.

The Art of Shaving - Pure Badger Shaving Brush