Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Format: HardcoverChange

on April 18, 2013
When I first started this book, I was expecting something like Good to Great by Jim Collins, or The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Steven R. Covey -- both good books that are self-help, with good insights, which can be used for personal improvement, but include a strong business bent. This book was not quite what I was anticipating. It does include a business bent, but it's a little broader in scope than most books like it, and the advice is excellent.

I was blessed to receive an early reviewer copy of this, and I can say with all honesty that I am delighted I did. The author is clearly a religious and spiritual man who is applying his personal beliefs (the kind of "this is how you ought to treat people" sensibilities that most religions agree with) to teaching people how to live in a way that will make them feel fulfilled and happy -- without having any kind of specific religion or even specific spiritual beliefs. It is very sensible and wise, and the examples he gives are useful and sweet.

I think this is a book that will make you feel good to read it -- and then want to DO good when you've finished it. It's not just a source of comfort, relaxation, and contentment -- it's also a spur to action and an increase in confidence that your life can and will mean something.

We all want to succeed, but we too frequently think success is going to give our lives meaning. How frequently do we hear the story of people who've destroyed their lives after great success -- or who felt their success was empty? What he's speaking about right here is MEANING, and teaching how to achieve this, with success, before succeeding, in your own personal and unique way.

I highly recommend this to people who feel the desperate need to succeed, who feel frustrated, or particularly who feel driven to succeed past the point of what is healthy.

I consider this a blessing, and I hope you will read it or give it to somebody who has need.
on April 19, 2013
This book is full of examples of how to make your life a life that is beneficial to you AND the rest of the world. The four exercises at the end of every chapter make the reader think about his/her life and how they could make it better, not just more successful. As the author asks at the end, "Will you be remembered for having made the world a better place"? This book tells you how. I highly recommend it!
on March 16, 2013
Dan Clark challenges us in this book to seek a level beyond success
called significance. His stories will inspire and motivate you. The tasks he assigns
at the end of each chapter will take you to a deep place in your mind and soul
to find the answers to what you need to do to not just to be successful but a truly significant
corporate leader and business builder.
on April 15, 2013
This book is just what I needed! Each chapter is inspiring. Giving me concrete, practical advice and motivation to focus on a greater purpose and become truly happy and significant.
on February 7, 2014
It was a good thoughtful motivational read that went beyond its just about me. liked the idea a successful life is more than just what I get out of it.
on April 9, 2013
Great read! Clear road map to creating success. Recommended for people interested in personal and career development to the next level.
on November 27, 2013
very inspiring, gives you a different angle of looking at daily life. Simple explanations and direct to point. highly recommended.
on April 15, 2013
This book is truly inspirational, well written! THis book has helped me really look into myself and improve my life
on December 31, 2015
Absolutely the best book I have read for inspiration in life, leadership, business and living to your fullest potential. This book helped me to take off my brakes and move forward with passion on a project I thought I was too insignificant to handle! It has instilled confidence and a willingness to trust God to take care of the details. I really appreciate Dan using the word obedience throughout the book, as most of us are afraid to say it out loud.
This book is so powerful I immediately bought copies for my family and 12 copies for people I work with. I want to work with people who are on the same page. Thank you Dan!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 10, 2013
Dan has an amazing ability to tell a story and make a point!
This book is an absolute must read!

Here is an example of his creative mind!
"Billy's proud smile got so big and wide that he could have eaten a banana sideways!"
But wait till you read the inspiring story behind this...