Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Art of War
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on January 14, 2014
this is a great handbook to own, it will teach you the importance of how and when to fight your battles, but more importantly..how to pick the ones you want to fight. you will know the difference. and if you follow these simple guidelines, you will succeed.
on July 1, 2012
This is about war, but it is more about getting things done. If you could only read 10 books in your lifetime, this book deserves to be on that list. I learn something new, every time I read this book. It is really neat. I know a former state representative, who reads this every single day, and gets something new, every time. Soul Sword: The Way and Mind of a Zen Warrior (Watkins Spiritual Classics),Path Notes of an American Ninja Master,The Book of Five Rings, and other such classics owe something to this book. It is simple, and profound.
on February 3, 2016
Not what i had expected at all. I had ordered it thinking that this was translated by Samuel B. Griffith and it is not. If you look inside the book, it says "Translated by Lionel Giles" Don't let the ad fool you.. Did return it and I will be definitely looking closer at this the next time i buy a book.
on June 9, 2015
I thought there would be more to it. I mean it served it's purpose for what I was looking for, but I guess there was not any explanation or illustrations. It was more like a starter book for other books of this ilk. It will force the reader to think about each section read so I believe that could be a good thing.
on May 6, 2014
An excellent read. The principles of this book apply to so many aspects of life. It is not a long book. In fact, it is very short. That being said, you could read it in an hour or two, or you could chew on its words for an entire lifetime.
on March 27, 2014
When I first sought out this book I did so because it seems to be everywhere. Everyone seems to have either read it or knows someone very close who has. It is in several movies and television shows; the list goes on. So I told myself, "I need to read this just to see what it is," and when it arrived I was surprised.

The book is incredibly smaller than I would have ever predicted, but this is not to say it is void of content. It seems to me to have been written in such a way as to avoid any irrelevant information. Without quoting or divulging its 'secrets,' The Art of War is a unique tool for looking into the strategic mind of the past, and for improving/refining/solidifying your own theory.
on April 19, 2012
The Art of War has in recent decades been applied to such modern day problems as politics and business - really anything where conflict can surface. It was also suggested reading during my entire time in business school. So, I finally pulled the trigger and read the "original" (or at least the most well-regarded translation) The Art of War. The most impressive thing to me (which is explained in the introductory material) is how well the Chinese recorded their history. My only complaint about the introductory materials was that most great Chinese historical figures have multiple names - this makes it hard to track who is who in some of the commentaries. The actual strategies themselves are full of guidelines on determining your opponent's weaknesses, exploiting them and achieving victory. Not exactly full of moral or ethical advice, so I can't use much of it. I'm glad that I read it as it gave me a great look into Chinese history...but its practical use in my world is limited.
on July 19, 2014
THIS WAS A VERY INTERESTING WORK. I THINK IT REFLECTED NOT ONLY ON WAR BUT ON HOW WE LIVE OUR LIVES AND RELATE TO LIFE'S SITUATIONS AND CHALLENGES. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT. AN EASY READ, WELL DIVIDED BY CHAPTERS AND PARAGRAPHS.
on March 24, 2014
This book is a necessary read for all students of history. This is a manual for life, read it carefully to digest all that is written. Because it is ancient and translated it may be a little difficult to understand at first, but take your time and enjoy!

Rev. Sandra Spencer
Abbey of Avalon
VINE VOICEon January 10, 2014
I got this because my son in-law needed to better understand business...this is a good book that helps many areas of life not just war