5.0 out of 5 stars Colourful quirky world of video game
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:19 Mins
Wreck-It Ralph has an interesting premise that will probably tickle gamers. It's amusing to see how gaming is spoofed. The book features the concept art, character designs, storyboards and colorscripts. There are lots of funny ideas and art.

Published on November 11, 2012 by Parka

3.0 out of 5 stars Inspiration Art only
Buy this only if you are looking for inspiration. Otherwise concentrate on your own art style and buy instead sketch tablets.
Published 4 months ago by Wise Counselor

5.0 out of 5 stars Colourful quirky world of video game, November 11, 2012
Length:: 1:19 Mins

The book is split into roughly three parts that correspond to the game worlds that Ralph has to travel through. There's the 8-bit world, the First Person Shooter world, and finally the Sugar Rush world where the go-karts are racing.

The first part looks at the 8-bit world as realised in 3D. The character designs are the cute big-head-short-legs type. I was looking out for game villains designs for the nostalgia but there aren't as many compared to the other characters.

The FPS world is a strong juxtaposition from the two other worlds. The concept art here looks like they can for Halo, Mass Effect, or Gears of War. There are background art, vehicles and the technology. The only giveaway is the more caricatured character faces, cute cy-bugs and Ralph's armoured suit showing his big belly.

The last part featuring the Sugar Rush world will get you into a sugar high just from looking at the pictures. There are landscape paintings of chocolate and candy, fluffy candy floss clouds, house of cakes, candy go-karts, biscuit soldiers and donut cops. There are even photos of the staff making models out of real confectionery. I feel unhealthy already after looking at so much sugar.

The contrasting worlds and their quirky game characters makes this a wonderful artbook.

(There are more pictures of the book on my blog. Just visit my Amazon profile for the link.)

5.0 out of 5 stars "A GOLDEN TREASURE FOR VIDEO AND ANIMATED LOVERS!", November 4, 2012
This review is from: The Art of Wreck-It Ralph (The Art of Disney) (Hardcover)
Maggie Malone, director of development at Walt Disney Animated Studios, delivers a behind-the-scenes look at Disney's new animated epic. I could not wait for the movie to come out, and watched it yesterday with my daughter. We are huge Disney fans, and found this movie as fascinating as several other Disney movies. We have been collecting Disney Movies for 20 years, traveled from New York to Florida to Disney World 8 times, and also enjoyed Disneyland in California. 'Wreck-it Ralph' is another bit hit, and to me a classic. The story is amazing, extremely funny, and fascinating. I'm glad we saw the movie first, because this book is additional excitement and fun-filled. The author includes breathtaking paintings, character sketches, storyboards, and much more. This book is indeed as Entertaining as the movie, and the Disney animation is Breathtaking. The colorful characters come to life, and the movie is absolutely Fantastic. I agreed with my daughter that the illustrations for this movie are as Beautiful as those in 'Toy Story!' We found the movie to be exquisite, and we certainly will watch it again-and-again, and will purchase the DVD for our Disney collection. This book is 160 pages of pure joy for video game, Disney, and animated lovers. Enjoyable and Highly Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, November 17, 2012
Yukiko (Southern California! USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Art of Wreck-It Ralph (The Art of Disney) (Hardcover)
After watching Wreck-it Ralph in theaters, I felt the need to go buy Wreck-it Ralph merch. I love the movie and I love the game world that was shown. I know Disney usually releases these "The Art of..." for their new movies, so I searched for a Wreck-it Ralph one and fortunately they did create one for the movie. :) I just received the book from the mail, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the thickness of the book and the size. I was expecting a thin book and I knew it's hardcover, but I was surprised that it was quite heavy (just means that the book has more than I expected! :D). The book is filled with the beautiful artwork that you get to see in the movie and artwork that you didn't get to see in the movie. Along with the artwork, there are descriptions of the inspiration/background to each. Also at the end, they have "Bonus" artwork that was unfortunately cut out of the movie, but still enjoyable none the less. If you loved the game worlds that were featured in Wreck-it Ralph, you should definitely buy this. This would make a great gift too! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars "I'm gonna wreck it!!!", November 24, 2012
This review is from: The Art of Wreck-It Ralph (The Art of Disney) (Hardcover)
Bang up job and I am so glad I hopped on this one. Got this before I saw the movie, but TOTALLY didn't wreck it!! Har har....ANYWAY, for all those who love art books...this is a definite must have!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wreck-It Ralph - Art Book, August 6, 2014
Length:: 1:00 Mins

What's included in the book:

- Character Sketches and Renders
- Digital Concept Art
- Behind the Scenes photos of models

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, May 21, 2013
This review is from: The Art of Wreck-It Ralph (The Art of Disney) (Hardcover)
I love the movie, I've seen it at least six times already and I probably would have seen it more if I didn't stop myself. I wanted to get a good look at the thought process and design behind everything and this book delivered more than I imagined. They go through a bunch of the development of the characters and the different worlds and even share some of the scrapped characters and scenes. There was so much detail and care put into this movie, I did not even realize until I read this book.

I hate writing bad reviews and I am glad that I don't have to. I am completely satisfied with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and in-depth book., December 20, 2012
christina (dallas, tx, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Art of Wreck-It Ralph (The Art of Disney) (Hardcover)
This book is GREAT for any animation enthusiast and art book collector. It is exactly how a film art book should be. It covers designs of everything, every character, every environment, and even the stuff which didn't make it into the film!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, December 13, 2012
This review is from: The Art of Wreck-It Ralph (The Art of Disney) (Hardcover)
A beautiful art book for what I consider to be one of the best animated motion pictures to come out in recent years.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, December 11, 2012
This review is from: The Art of Wreck-It Ralph (The Art of Disney) (Hardcover)
great ! a wonderful piece of art :)
recommended ! it's a very pleasure to read, what a making of !

5.0 out of 5 stars Best. Book. Ever., December 10, 2012
This review is from: The Art of Wreck-It Ralph (The Art of Disney) (Hardcover)
Not only was it an awesome movie, its a great movie that has a great art book to be paired with. There are lots of sketches and lost of writing about the movie and art. Its a lot like other disney art books. Highly recommended.

The Art of Wreck-It Ralph (The Art of Disney)
The Art of Wreck-It Ralph (The Art of Disney) by Jennifer Lee Monn (Hardcover - November 1, 2012)
$40.00 $27.99