4.0 out of 5 stars The Artist's Way Workbook
You don't need this workbook to get the full experience of The Artist's Way, but it does provide a nice space for your exercises. It's good for an organized person who wants to get the whole Artist's Way package.
Published on January 3, 2007 by marianette

2.0 out of 5 stars workbook ok but not needed
Published on March 15, 2008 by theologian master

4.0 out of 5 stars The Artist's Way Workbook, January 3, 2007

4.0 out of 5 stars A Comfotable and Helpful Companion, June 30, 2007
This review is from: The Artist's Way Workbook (Spiral-bound)
The Artist's Way Workbook is sort of a condensed version of the Artist's Way book. You can use the workbook without reading the book. I have read the book, love it, and would recommend reading it also. The Artist Way in all its forms is a solace for the creative side of everyone and is a fine tool for unblocking creativity.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Inspiring Tool You Shouldn't Be Without!, December 10, 2006
This review is from: The Artist's Way Workbook (Spiral-bound)
After reading and re-reading The Artist's Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity by Julia Cameron, I was completely inspired to reactivate my passion for writing fiction. For years, after trying to get a novel published, I wrote business related material, yet secretly yearned to return to what I loved most--writing fiction.

In the late 90's I studied the original book, and enjoyed the various tasks that helped to open and expand my creativity. And then in 2003, my life goal came true and I published my first novel. I owe this in part to the lessons and motivational teachings found within the pages of The Artist's Way.

And now, there is an actual workbook that makes everything that much easier to record. This workbook has everything you need to unleash your 'inner artist'--and that means any kind of creativity, whether painting, sculpting, drafting, writing, etc. Many of the activities are short and easy; some you'll find more challenging. But that is the point!

I highly recommend this book for anyone who may have lost their muse, or for anyone who wants to kick it into overdrive! Excellent tool and long overdue! :) KUDOS, Julia!

~ Cheryl Kaye Tardif
Author of Divine Intervention

2.0 out of 5 stars workbook ok but not needed, March 15, 2008
This review is from: The Artist's Way Workbook (Spiral-bound)
I bought this as a supplement to the book because I was leading a class on it. It turns out the workbook is only a big version of places for people to do their exercises each week that are already part of the book. Unless you really want to have a generic journal where you write out the exercises, I recommend sticking with the book and then finding your own journal or place to do the exercises, as usually not all of them appeal to every one each week. But if you're wanting everything to match, then go ahead and buy it. Not necessary or helpful for my group, but I guess it could be for you or yours.

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of money, September 6, 2011
S. Hibdon (show me state) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Artist's Way Workbook (Spiral-bound)
I love Julie Cameron & have almost all her books but this book is only of use if you don't have any other way to do your journaling! Is basically a book to record your thoughts in & if you have the Artist Way book, it is redundant. Put any money this book will cost you into another one of Julie's books!

2.0 out of 5 stars A but superfluous, April 11, 2009
This review is from: The Artist's Way Workbook (Spiral-bound)
This is supposed to be an accompaniment to the book, The Artist's Way, but other than serving as a reference or a second copy of the tasks of the book, I have found little use for it. I guess it gives space for the exercises, but there is not enough added material to justify the purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars Get the Full Book, skip the workbook., February 21, 2010
I took a look at this at the bookstore. It's better to get the full book and purchase a journal separately. This just has the sections explaining the morning pages and the artist's date concepts, followed by the exercises with a large blank (unlined) space under them where you fill out your info. The book is large and floppy so you need a stiff surface to write on.

On a personal level the book format seems kinda ugly and doesn't appeal to me. I do like the morning pages journal workbook by the same author. It's bound like a typical book, but it's more aesthetically appealing, and the pages are lined. I don't have any problems writing in it so far, though some people have complained.

I think you get a much fuller understanding if you get the "The Artists Way" itself rather than just the workbook. I looked at the workbook and was like, ok exercises, what about them?

I don't see why this is made into a kindle edition. I actually downloaded it to my iphone out of curiosity. You can take notes in the kindle app, but you can't see the notes and the exercise at the same time, and obviously it's kind of cramped (at least on the iphone); plus I'm not sure of any privacy issues with your notes. You can't write on the contract page at all, it appears to be scanned in as an image? I think the author prefers that you work in long hand anyway. So it's probably better just to write on your own paper.

4.0 out of 5 stars Artist's Way Workbook Enhances Creativity, March 16, 2007
This review is from: The Artist's Way Workbook (Spiral-bound)
I really enjoy using this workbook along with Julia Cameron's Artist's Way book. Although I have gone through the Artist's Way before, this time around I thought it would be nice to add the workbook to my exercises.

I am particularly happy using it because I have been doing all the exercises on the computer and finding creative ways to add them to the workbook once I've printed them out. I plan to use the Artist's Way exercises over and over again and so this workbook will be a collection of my exercises over time and a great way to see how I have grown as I look back over it from time to time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stands alone as a great help. Time consuming but worth it., March 21, 2008
TinMan (Springfield Virginia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Artist's Way Workbook (Spiral-bound)
You do not need any other book as a companion to this workbook. It stands alone as a great resource. I have read a bunch of self help books on finding your true life's path. After about the third or fourth book they all seem to say the same thing. Get in touch with your good and bad emotions and use those emotions to help steer a course. What I liked about this workbook is it minimizes the theory and talk and gets right to the point of you doing practical exercises to discover what you really want in life. I only completed about 2/3rd of the workbook. I have spoken to other people who have used this workbook with great results. I have purchased a 2nd copy to walk through the exercises again. If you feel lost and at a dead end in your life's pursuit I think this workbook would be a great place to start.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic workbook, October 18, 2007
This review is from: The Artist's Way Workbook (Spiral-bound)
For those whose life is so busy that is seems impossible to make it through the full text of the Artist's Way, this workbook is fantastic.

The Artist's Way Workbook
The Artist's Way Workbook by Julia Cameron (Spiral-bound - September 21, 2006)
$18.95 $14.25