5.0 out of 5 stars Key concepts for happiness, clearly delineated
Published on September 8, 2007 by A. Hawley

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!
Published on March 3, 2008 by Frank Weller

5.0 out of 5 stars Key concepts for happiness, clearly delineated, September 8, 2007
A. Hawley (PORTLAND, OR USA) - See all my reviews
I'm one of those "New Age" types who's read countless self-help and spiritual books, attended many seminars, and absorbed dozens and dozens of CDs, DVDs, audiobooks, and so on. In short, I'm a "seeker". So I feel confident in saying that the informaiton that Abraham has been giving out over the last 20 years is among the very best available in English. Clear, practical, and worldly guidance is founded on the most remarkable esoteric wisdom. Abraham opens my eyes and refreshes my mind like almost no other source.

"The Astonishing Power of Emotions" is a fine entry in the series of Abraham's teachings. A few short chapters up front lay out the "big ideas" that underlie most of their work, and the rest of the book devotes a short, specific section to each of twenty or so of life's most distressing problems. Health issues, weight loss issues, trouble with kids, spouses, friends, business partners; money concerns; loss and grief; job and career difficulties.

The advice is consistent, postive, uplifting and practical. All of the suggestions would be easy and simple for most everyone to follow, and I think apply to a wide range of people. I found value in every section, even those devoted to problems that have never entered my life. I keep reading passages to friends and family--it's one of those books that I'd like to share with everyone I love.

My favorite statement from the book, and one of its core concepts, is "Nothing that you want is upstream." I'm making it my life's motto.

5.0 out of 5 stars Human Healing through Emotions, September 5, 2007
Roy Chan (Long Beach, CA USA) - See all my reviews
In the book, "The Astonishing Power of Emotions," Esther Hicks and Jerry Hicks illustrates the life-changing teachings of Abraham - the wise and visionary group of nonphysical teachers from outside of our realm--back in 1987.

In their first book, "Ask and It Is Given," they demonstrate how we are the creator of our own experience and that we can deliberately create with our every thought. In their second book, "The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent," the author emphasizes how we, as human beings can in fact gently guide our thoughts in the general direction of the things that we desire by the art of "allowing." In their third book, "The Law of Attraction," Hicks revisit Abraham's basic teachings to learn how we can attract all that we want by the most powerful law of the Universe.

NOW, in their latest and NEWEST book, "The Astonishing Power of Emotions," Abraham lovingly combines all of the Universal laws and shows us how we can gain conscious awareness of our emotions, so we can use our own feelings to deliberately bring into our life only the things we want. Hicks, in other words, believes that we can use the Laws of the Universe to solve all of our challenges and help us "go with the flow" of our natural Well-Being.

This is an AMAZING book for those who like to discover more about ourselves. I believe you do NOT need to have read the first three of their books in order to enjoy their latest book on the power of emotions. Overall, this is a HIGHLY RECOMMENDED book of the year. A+

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely the best thing Abraham have ever done., September 5, 2007
Sneak (Perth, Australia) - See all my reviews
The Astonishing Power of Emotions is undoubtedly the finest, most compelling, and most extraordinarily powerful book yet produced by Abraham and Esther Hicks. It was released a month ago in Australia, and during that time I have been fortunate enough to have been exposed to its contents now on a daily basis.

For those familiar with Abraham's work, this book is somewhat of a departure from the earlier publications. It represents a glittering synthesis of each of the three Laws of the Universe (The Law of Attraction, The Law of Deliberate Creation, and the Law of Allowing), into a cohesive "system" that may be applied to any emotional or life situation one could possibly encounter. Rather than place an emphasis on "processes", as in the earlier books, Abraham have refined and simplified their message (as if it wasn't simple already!) into a delightful metaphor of "upstream" and "downstream" thinking. They propose that on every subject, there are only two sorts of thoughts a person may engage in: upstream, or "resistant" thoughts, and downstream, or "allowing" thoughts. The degree to which an individual practices either literally determines their reality, as they are exposed to the flowing energy "Stream" of their vibrationally created desires calling them. It is a beautifully simple model that is employed throughout the book to extraordinary effect, as one turns each page increasingly astonished by the implications and promise of such an approach to life.

The first third of the book consists of some of the most heartfelt, compassionate and uplifting teachings yet delivered by Abraham. They explain that, as vibrational beings, we are constantly expanding, constantly generating new ideas and desires that make us more than we were before. As our "Stream" of desire flows faster, we feel the tugging of that in the form of emotion. At this point, we have a choice as to whether to paddle upstream (resist through negativity), or "let go of the oars" and allow ourselves to flow gently to whatever it is that we desire. As Abraham say:

"When you are allowing yourself to float freely in the Stream, without resistance, thus closing the gap between where you are right now and who the broader part of you has become, you feel your alignment in the form of positive emotion. But if you are still paddling upstream, holding yourself against the natural Current of your own evolution, your resistance to the Stream and to that which the larger part of you has become is evidenced in the form of negative emotion."

It's that simple! Paddle against the flow (by perpetually "fighting" to change circumstances), or let go of the oars, float gently, and be guided to everything you desire and are always worthy of.

The last two-thirds of the book consists of varied emotional scenarios in which we are shown exactly how to work ourselves up the emotional scale by adopting the practice of thinking downstream thoughts. In my opinion, this is the most powerful work Abraham has yet produced; there is no repetition, all the scenarios are fresh and new, and everything rings completely true. There are endless gems of wisdom that pepper the text, making this far and away the best "how-to" manual you'll ever read about pretty much everything you could ever consider important.

This book hasn't left my side in the time I've had it. I'm still absorbing its power, and am hugely grateful for it. I'd like to thank both Abraham and Esther Hicks for its manifestation. At a time when the planet would seem to be requiring the upliftment and awakening of as many humans as possible for its own evolutionary wellbeing, along comes a book like this at just the right time. Having read this, I have become aware of a deep inner knowing emerging that confirms Abraham's statement that indeed "All is Well". It is enormously comforting.

I hope that as many people as possible are able to read "The Astonishing Power of Emotions", appreciate its simplicity, improve their lives massively, and recreate their world in the process. Enjoy the ride!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to read and apply., September 4, 2007
I loved this book. 1/3 of the books explains us being non physical beings and how emotions play a role in our physical lives. The other 2/3 actually gave real life scenarions and how to use the process to feel relief. Though most of the scenarios do not apply to you, but reading them you will feel your energy shift. I highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feelings...Whoa Whoa Whoa...Feelings..., September 13, 2007
I'm not a huge fan of "channeled" information and I'll tell you why; every single one of us is a Divine Channel. Whether we know this or not. Whether we accept this or not. Each one of us has the ability to tap into something greater, something higher, something deeper than we already are. Each one of us has the Power within our hearts, our minds, and our souls to transcend previous limitations and experience an even greater version of "reality". The only reason why most of us don't make that "leap" of faith - and that is exactly what it is, is because we identify more with the "i" of our being more than the "I" that is always and in all ways present and available to us. Call it what you will. Call it God, Spirit, Life...heck, call it Abraham, but people, it's Real and it's as Real as Real can get.

With all that being said, I found myself really resonating with Esther Hicks new book, The Astonishing Power of Feelings. Yes, she does channel a collective entity called "Abraham"...I see you rolling your eyes, but y'know what, it's good stuff. In fact, put the channeling aside and just allow yourself to fully "plunge" into this book.

Anybody who thinks that metaphysics/spirituality is just about "thinking positively" doesn't really know what they're talking about. Positive thinking only goes about as far as the next crisis in your life, which, according to my watch will happen in the next 2-24 hours. No, I'm not being negative...I'm not wishing bad things for you to experience...I just know how human beings operate. If we don't have a crisis in our lives, we'll make one up. Heck, I started early. I made one up as soon as I woke up this morning. But the only reason why it appears that we have more problems than opportunities is only because our focus is not tuned into what Abraham likes to call, "The Infinite Stream of Well-Being".

I like that metaphor. Makes me think of beautiful stream near a meadow. Flowing, flowing, flowing. Allowing nothing to get in its way. Which, is exactly what this stream of well-being does. It is always present. It is always available and yes, even you...yes, you...have tapped into it at one time or another in your life.

Have you ever had a day...or an hour...or even just a moment where it seemed as though everything was in flow? Well, that's because it was. Whether consciously or unconsciously you tapped into your greater "I" Self that I mentioned earlier. You were in alignment with Source Energy and Source Energy couldn't help but bring you wonderful things because that's the way you felt. But, if you were having a day where a black cloud was over your head, if everything you touched turned to poo poo, if no matter what you did or said was absolutely incorrect, then you were out of alignment with the stream of well-being.

Duh.

We can feel good no matter what. Read that again. WE CAN BE HAPPY NO MATTER WHAT. Yeah, your girlfriend may have left you for another woman, your cat may have the clap, and you may feel as though all of life is against you. But you have the power to rise up and transcend the limitations you are at the moment accepting, embracing, and embodying. Trust me, I've been there. I've been at bottom so many times, I thought I had a season pass. I've had life trample over me many times, I've had the wind sucked out of my lungs on numerous occasions, but guess what, I chose to get back up. I don't say these things to tell you how great I am because i am not great...but the "I AM" of me is great just like the "I AM" of you is great.

Read this book...devour this book...become this book...let your feelings be your guide. Yeah, this is a hokey saying that is uttered in every "Feel Good" movie around, but it's the Truth. And don't tell me that this Inner Work is too simple...try it for a month straight without resorting back to old thoughts, old feelings, and old behaviors. Changing our life is simple. It's the keeping it changed where we run into our challenges.

But anyway, people, be happy. Whether you buy this book or not, you always have more reasons to be happy than to be down.

Peace & Blessings,
john

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!, March 3, 2008
IF this would have been my first ABRAHAM/Hicks book, I would have undoubtedly given it 5 stars instead of just 3. However, that is not the case. I've already read Ask And It Is Given which is a true 5 star performer, The Law of Attraction, and The Amazing Power Of Deliberate Intent. I really didn't discover anything new in this book. IMO, ALL of the ABRAHAM/Hicks books since Ask and It Is Given are merely rehashes of the teachings covered in earlier books. IMO, they have nothing new to say. On the plus side, repetition is a powerful teacher!

5.0 out of 5 stars If You Don't Know Abraham, You Need To Discover Them - NOW!, September 4, 2007
Desert Yogi (Palm Springs, CA) - See all my reviews
This book is another grand slam, hit-it-out-of-the-balllpark, homerun for Abraham, channeled by Esther Hicks. The truth contained in this one book alone could change the world. This is the fourth book I've purchased by Esther and Jerry Hicks and I've not been disappointed, ever. The insights that Abraham so generously shares via Esther are only meant for our betterment...to help us all better understand the world we inhabit and why things happen the way they do. (Abraham is the name given, collectively, to the group of non-physical entities who disseminate valuable spiritual information through the physical channel of Esther Hicks. Sounds crazy, but the more you read about how it all came about, it will stop seeming so odd. I promise.)

This book will provide you with easy-to-learn, easy-to-use techniques that one can put to IMMEDIATE use to improve one's life and one's future. The nuggets of truth contained in this book (as with all of Esther and Jerry Hick's books) are worth their weight in gold. I can't recommend this book highly enough. Read it and begin to change your perspective, your vibration and your life TODAY. Right now. This minute. It's thrilling, really.

5.0 out of 5 stars astonishing, September 5, 2007
This is the fourth book that I have purchased and read a book by Esther and Jerry Hicks, and WOW, this book is the best. After reading the first 3, I understood exactly the message and was trying hard to live my life accordingly, I just needed a little something else, and this was the something that was missing, this book hits the spot with a big bang. I strongly reccommend to read every chapter even if you don't think it applies to you, there is a message to be heard. I am so loving life right now, finally someone has answered the questions that I have been asking for so long, and finally someone has reassured me that what I have been feeling and knowing for so long is the way that I should have been feeling. I could go on and on about this book or these authors but words cannot explain or do any justice about how I feel after fininshing this final book. I finally feel free and am so ready go move downstream...I finally get it and I had it all this time....A must have. I honestly hate putting this book down...It goes to bed with me. Thank you Esther and Jerry Hicks, and most of all Abraham. Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars MIRACLE Energy Within This Book!, September 15, 2007
This book holds the most powerful intention of any I have ever come across in my life, including the other incredible books written by Esther and Jerry. The energy that this book was created and written with is MIRACLE energy. Those people who are drawn to it can match their energy to the book and not only receive a miracle healing, but can completely connect with their Inner Being/Higher Self. I instantly came into alignment with my Vibrational Escrow, and miracles have been occuring in my life ever since. Since Esther is such a beautiful, evolved spirit, the power behind this book is absolutely phenomenal! Thank you SO much Esther, Jerry and Abraham. This book is the greatest book on this planet!!! It has healing power like none other. It is quite literally a miracle. Esther and Jerry are Earth Angels, and offer the best information this planet has to offer! Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars This IS a great book. (and so is the CD that is included. ), September 8, 2007
Lilly Fluger (San Diego, Ca USA) - See all my reviews
Slip into a warm bath of self recognition. Have the lens of your mind polished to crystal clarity regarding your perception of who-you-really-are. Feel those loose puzzle pieces in your brain click into place as you re-remember your true creative nature. What's astonishing to me is that after so many years of listening to Abraham's words, I received a fresh new, yet broader clarity. As if, focus itself can open and expand to a super precise nuance of further understanding.

This IS a great book. It is as if Esther opened up an extra meadow of poppies in her mind, and received an even fuller and deeper insight. It was perfectly clear before, so I can not put my finger on what is the extra magical quality within this book. I thought perhaps the process of reading it was exercising new thought-to-feeling awareness muscles?
I am so pleased to be part of a time and place where this information is being made available. I am excited for the human race. It is thrilling for me to ponder what the future will bring as a result of these ideas having been disseminated today. Abraham once said, "Future generations will look back on that which you now are as a species and call you Neanderthal by comparison. They will talk of times when humans did not understand emotions..." Well now, everyone can... [understand the power of their emotions] and how to use that knowing in a practical every moment way.

GET this book.

The Astonishing Power of Emotions: Let Your Feelings Be Your Guide
The Astonishing Power of Emotions: Let Your Feelings Be Your Guide by Jerry Hicks (Paperback - September 1, 2008)
$16.95 $13.66