5.0 out of 5 stars Be Transformed
Published on September 21, 2008 by r. ortiz

1.0 out of 5 stars Why don't YOU write a book on the LoA TOO!
This is just another bait & switch title. If you don't mind having yet another book on the law of attraction repeating the same thing,
then there is nothing wrong with it other than the title, which is designed to get you to buy it even though you already have it under several other titles.

What peeves me about these catchy title books is the way the...
Published on June 24, 2009 by J. Staker

5.0 out of 5 stars Be Transformed, September 21, 2008
r. ortiz (ft lauderdale, florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Attraction Distraction: Why the Law of Attraction Isn't Working for You and How to Get Results - FINALLY! (Paperback)
I picked up Sonia M. Miller's "The Attraction Distraction" because I wanted to finally attain that un-manifested desire, but by the time I finished reading the book, I was transformed and so were my desires. I felt free. I felt relief. A much needed relief from longing and yearning... I was finally at peace with myself. This is a different kind of book by a different kind of author. Instead of quenching your thirst with a sip, she shows you the wellspring. Where other teachers and coaches stop, she gently but oh so effectively guides you further. Open the book on any page and you will find something to shift your perspective and stir your heart. Her purpose is not only to help you manifest what you want but to show you that there is more. It's about who you become in the process of manifesting your desire, and her words and exercises aim at the heart of what you are going through on your journey. For example, she speaks of the difference between having a vision versus a goal, of "replacement therapy" when your unyielding "attachment" to something is what hinders you from getting it, and how affirmations are not about repetition but finding ones that are true for you so you truly feel their power in your heart. She uses her life as an example throughout the book and is therefore a compassionate teacher that teaches you to "integrate" your ego and emotions into your life instead of condemning them. If you are willing to take the path of self-discovery, read the book and let her take hold of your hand. You will be so glad you did. I am.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Genuinely Different Perspective, January 14, 2009
If you are reading this review and considering buying this book, you probably have been exposed to manifesting, to Law of Attraction, The Secret, Abraham, Wayne Dyer, Louise Hay, Neil Donald Walsch, Eckhart Tolle or any number of brilliant and life changing authors, books and concepts that have come to light in the past 20 years (some written up to 100 years ago). You hopefully have been informed, inspired, uplifted and motivated. You know in your heart that you're on the right path, but you aren't getting anywhere - it is just not working for you! Well, apparently it is because you found this book.

I can only speak for myself, but since reading this book I can honestly say I have a much better understanding of how law of attraction works and why it wasn't working the way I wanted it too. I have learned things about myself and learned how to change some things about myself. This book showed me how to feel safe exactly where I was. I have had many aha moments, but this book was full of aaahhhhhhhhhh moments! This book is about the Universe and your relationship with it. THIS BOOK ANSWERS QUESTIONS I HAVE HAD FOR YEARS! I can promise you this book IS different, This book will make a difference in your life - all it takes is for you to be willing. I will be reading it again and again and again.........

5.0 out of 5 stars Miller Has Cracked the Code!, December 4, 2008
This is it! This is the book we have all been waiting for! Sonia Miller has finally CRACKED THE CODE!

And, as it turns out, the key to the Law of Attraction lies in understanding that it is both spiritual and scientific, both personal and impersonal. The Law of Attraction is as simple and reliable as we have been led to believe. Yet Miller teaches us that within the scientific simplicity lay spiritual subtleties that make the difference between immediate success and a lifetime of frustration.

Like physical law, the Law of Attraction is scientific and impersonal--it works every time! Yet, personal success with the Law of Attraction depends upon whether we allow our desires, emotions, and life choices to gently flow from the higher vibrations of the soul or the lower vibrations of ego.

Miller gently reminds her readers that we are first and foremost spiritual beings. When we practice the Law of Attraction with awareness that emotion, desire, purpose, and growth come from soul rather than ego, we can quickly and easily create the lives of our dreams.

Miller's Mystic Formula contains four simple steps. These are comparable to the steps you will find in any other book on the Law of Attraction. Yet, Miller's spiritual vision sets this book far above the rest. When you follow the Law of Attraction from the wisdom of your soul you can become the positive, enlightened, transformed being you desire to be.

For this reason, The Attraction Distraction: Why the Law of Attraction Isn't Working for You...and How to Get Results-Finally! is an absolute must read for two types of readers: 1) those who truly desire to master the Law of Attraction, and 2) those who have struggled for too long on their spiritual journey.

If you are going to purchase one book on the Law of Attraction it should definitely be this one! This is a quick and pleasant read. And it is perfect for those who prefer a guilt-free diet. Yet, for the sincere reader, this book can carry the power of a lengthy, in-depth read or an intensive therapy session.

It's a good thing this is such an easy read because it is not the kind of book you read once and toss aside to gather dust. You will want to read it several times in order do the exercises, absorb the simple jewels of wisdom, and work through the deeper levels of truth. Then you will want to consult The Attraction Distraction whenever new seeds of desire are planted in your soul, when you feel stuck in negative patterns, or when you feel ineffective in creating your dreams.

I have studied metaphysics for thirty years, and this is the first book in several years about which I can say: This is more than just a good book--it is a handbook for happy, healthy, productive, transformational living!

5.0 out of 5 stars An easy read that will improve your life!, July 1, 2008
In "The Attraction Distraction," life coach Sonia Miller explains very clearly how you can use the law of attraction to reach your life's goals. Miller does not get too "New Age-y" and has a great deal of respect for her readers' belief systems. She presents a simple formula for making your dreams come true and explains how to apply it step-by-step. Unlike many books in the same vein, this book actually gives you all the tools to use spiritual awareness to guide your life. You don't need to read other books by the author, attend seminars, or any of the other things that some books seem to be ads for. This book has everything you need all in one place. I have already noticed some things in my life start to change for the better as I apply Miller's concepts and so I highly recommend this book for anyone who wants to kick-start a dream or two.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical Tools and Techniques for LOA, June 28, 2008
I felt is was important to contribute this review about Sonia M. Miller's book because, with so much distraction out there about the law of attraction, her book absolutely offers readers and learners practical techniques (and not just 1 way of doing something) to chose from that allows you find the one that resonates with you and exponentially elevate your energy (vibration). By just implementing one technique, I am quicker at shifting my focus and thoughts, which before it was easier to just stay stuck in a fog. If you are seeking to better understand the priciples and universal laws, and find approaches and techniques that open your mind and heart to flow and leave behind resistance and stuckville, Sonia's book is an absolute must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stands out in a packed field, August 5, 2008
There are so many books out there on the Law of Attraction, the latest "buzz word" in achieving what you want. What most of the books ignore is the responsibility that the person has to assume in taking action to make things happen. The Universe does wish to provide, and as long as we take action towards that goal, it will comply. What Sonia Miller's book does, that no other book on the market explores, is present the different steps we are likely to undertake while trying to manifest something. This includes the mind chatter that we all fall heir to. She provides many exercises to walk us through each and every step, and in many ways, it feels as though we have a personal coach right there beside us helping us at each step.

As a spiritual coach, shamanic healer, and counselor, I cannot recommend the book enough. It is smart, insightful, easy to to read and follow, full of superb suggestions for getting out of our own way and finally achieving spectacular results. It's a must read book for anyone feeling frustrated will all the other dross out there.

4.0 out of 5 stars Every aspect of your life is an honest expression of who you really are., October 15, 2008
Thomas Lomax (Memphis, TN United States) - See all my reviews
I like that the author begins her book speaking about the fears she had to overcome and outlining the path she took to overcome them. Her journey, in many ways, mirrors my own.

I also believe an important theme in the book is summed up in the title I gave to this review. We need to understand that we already manifest exactly what we believe ourselves to be. And, the author rightfully includes exercises and insights based on her experiences that help the reader discover their own 'being'.

I also like this passage on page 84: "You don't have to direct your thoughts and emotions perfectly 100% of the time. You need only move in the right direction." Sometimes, I forget that. :-)

And, I agree with a previous reviewer who said that the author does not get too "New Age-y" and seems to respect for her readers' belief systems. I enjoy her writing style. This is definitely one of the better books in the 'Law of Attraction' genre.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Book, January 31, 2009
Kellye Crocker (Des Moines, IA United States) - See all my reviews
I've read a lot about this topic, but Sonia Miller really brought it all together and helped me see my life in new ways. I read it while bed-ridden for two weeks with back pain, and she even had me working on ways that I could be grateful for that situation. She goes off on seeming tangents--like gratitude--yet always swings back to show readers how these are important concepts related to creating the life you want. It's a paradox that metaphysics and the Law of Attraction are incredibly simple and yet deeply complex. Unlike other authors, who just tell you to imagine what you want--or even to also make yourself "feel good" while you do--Sonia Miller walks you step-by-step through the process. I'm impressed by the breadth of this book. Even better, reading it was like learning from a wise and caring friend. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book is a "Secret" Gem, July 29, 2009
Blooming Man (Bloomington, IN) - See all my reviews
When I first heard about this book, a self-published manuscript from a relatively unknown writer, I was deeply skeptical. Do we really need another book on the Law of Attraction? If it brings the kind of clarity, compassion and balance as Sonia Miller's book, the answer is yes. This book is astonishing in its practicality and for the wise all-knowing point of view from which it is written. I love the no nonsensical applicable tone. What's different here is she's obviously a great practitioner of what she's writing. The Visioning Process alone is worth the price of the book alone. She answers so many questions not addressed by better known figures in the LOA movement about why things don't work. Full of a warm wit, honesty and a variety of processes that readers can start to do today sets that book a mile apart from so much out there that's not in context. If you're a skeptic or scoffer - save your money and your energy. It won't work for you. This book is for the mystics at heart who really want a break through. Hopefully one day the name Sonia Miller will be as well known as Louise Hay or Esther Hicks. I can't say enough good things about this book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Why don't YOU write a book on the LoA TOO!, June 24, 2009

What peeves me about these catchy title books is the way the author taps into the already sold customer base of the topic, with the promise of something different "FINALLY!" (as the title states) then turns your wish for that something different around on you, basically accusing you of wanting a short cut. YOU'RE THE ONE who wants an easy way out, which is why it isn't working for you. (Even though I, the author, used that to sell you what you already had) You aren't doing all the things you've been told by the guru's she quotes - the one's you've already been reading.
(Quote from the book:)
"If you've fallen victim to the addiction of negative thinking, nothing less than sheer discipline, and a lot of faith, can change the course of your experience - at least in the beginning."
So, really, if we cut to the chase, buying books with titles like this only reveals your unwillingness to put into practice what you have already been reading in your other 84 books on the law of attraction. You're looking for something missing in you're other books, but there isn't anything missing - it's just your unwillingness. YOU should be ashamed of yourself, buckle down and do the hard work, read and re-read your books until you "FINALLY" understand it. It may take you a lifetime, but hey we aren't selling any extra's here just because we designed our title that way.

In her own words, here is the most accurate description of the book:
"Once I share it, you may think 'Oh brother! How trite is that?' Or you may want to toss this book out the window. Or you may be relieved to know you're on the right path.
Or you may think, I've heard this before and it hasn't worked. What's going to be different this time?"

The answer is, of course, nothing. There you have it, and it agrees exactly with what I have said here.

But if you just can't resist the magic title...........buy it and have a good one.

ARRAY(0x9a5e2180)

$19.95 $17.96
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.