From the Publisher
Discover a whole new world of dogs with these revolutionary, breed-specific guides accompanied by a free DVD.
From the leader in responsible animal care for over 50 years comes this exciting series of dog breed titles. Written by professional pet writers who are also experts on the breeds, each book is filled with valuable information on a variety of topics that are essential for cultivating health and happiness in a canine companion.
Every book in the Terra-Nova series contains:
* 208 pages of brand new text, featuring highly breed-specific information
* an extensive health chapter, reviewed and approved by a respected veterinarian
* chapters on feeding, grooming, and beginner and advanced training
* a bonus DVD featuring socialization, safety, and training advice from a professional dog trainer and detailed information from a veterinarian on what happens at the vet and how to perform regular home health checks
* a comprehensive resource section
* an ideal mixture of informative text and accompanying photographs--plus sidebars and tip boxes
From the Back Cover
A product of the American West, the Australian Shepherd is a sturdy, hard-working, versatile dog with superior intellectual prowess and natural herding ability. Smart, athletic, and independent thinkers, most Aussies have type-A personalities, with get-it-done-right-now attitudes. While there's no such thing as a "part-time Aussie," with the right owner this happy, funny, devoted breed can be a wonderful part of the family.
This total care guide contains colorful sidebars, boxes, and photographs that illustrate key topics essential to Australian Shepherd owners. An excellent source of accurate, in-depth information, The Australian Shepherd will help you and your family raise a healthy and well-behaved canine companion.