on May 22, 2004
Format: Hardcover
I think I've finally figured out why the 1 star reviewers don't like this book...it takes discipline. Sort of like dieting or anything else constructive. It's easy to say save 10% of what you make, but after all, you have to get up early every morning, fight that traffic enroute to your long commute to work, listen to a boss everyday so it's easier to take that 10% plus a whole lot m ore and spent it on your lifestyle.
I love that when people say they spend their money on their lifestyle....and then always want to borrow money too.
Sometimes I'll ask them; "How is your IRA doing?" The response is usually; "Huh?" , "What?", "What are you talking about?"
The 1 thing that Dave Bach cannot give you is the discipline to accomplish it. Too bad 1 star reviewer (s).
The Automatic Millionaire is still in the top 10 best selling books. Must be a reason.
on April 3, 2004
Format: Hardcover
I can't recommend this book highly enough. Like the review, I do not understand the 1 star reviews...must be the same person reposting over and over.
The Automatic Millionaire is a great book. No fluff, just real meaty finanial advice that really works.
Ignore those paid 1 star bashers and readt this book. You'll be glad you did.
on April 10, 2004
Format: Hardcover
I am continually amused by the 1 star reviews against this book and I have to wonder if they need glasses or just have difficulty in comphrehending what they read. Nothing in this book even comes close to the statements they have made. Perhaps they are confusing this book with that 1,000 page outdated tome by JBQ. That would explain it!
on April 24, 2004
Format: Hardcover
The advice in The Automatic Millionaire may appear to be common sense, but is it common knowledge or even better, common practice?
A ran into a guy the other day who laughed at me when he saw that I was in the checkout line at with this book. He said that is just an overhyped book and just good old fashioned common sense. I asked him how he was doing financially and se responded, "None of your business!" I looked at him and said "I guess that means you are not doing too well then are you!" When I looked down I couldn't help but notice that judging by the products he had under his arm, his judgment was not focused on personal wealth or anything that was good and wholesome.
I asked him how he was doing with the "pay yourself first strategy." Again he sort of started with none of my business but switched that to say that he couldn't afford to save 10% of income.
Here was a guy that needed this book more than anybody was wasting his money on things that were basically non essentials but wouldn't or ccouldn't see the value in a book like this one.
Now that guy is a definite-----DUH!!!!
on February 22, 2004
Format: Hardcover
Dave Bach's strategies will not only help you create a powerful retirement income, but, it The Automatic Millionaire will also help you live better now in the present while saving for the future and becoming debt free.
The hardest of Bach's strategies for me to implement was the 10% solution. Like most people, I always paid everybodyelse first and found that I had nothing to pay myself. I felt that I couldn't afford to pay myself.
Since reading The Automatic Millionaire, I now pay myself first and everyone else still gets paid as usual and on time. I have found that I don't even miss the 10% that I thought I couldn't afford. The fact is, I can't afford not to!
I have also opened a IRA and filled out a new w-4 form at work which by itself is paying for over 1/3 of my IRA and increased my take home pay. I have my paycheck direct deposited into my brokerage account and my IRA comes out automatically...I don't even miss the money. And thanks to President Bush, we can all
now put more into our IRA, 401 (k) and other retirement plans.
I have set up my mortgage on a biweekly system and that is saving me thousands. It gets done...automatically.
Dave Bach has created a very powerful and effective way to create wealth. His system works and it is easy. And his book is a quick, easy read. No pouring through 1,000 pages of mostly outdated information that doesn't work and trying to figure out what to do. I read The Automatic Millionaire in 2 evenings and went to work right away.
For additional reading and education, I also recommend The Millionaire Next Door by Stanley and Danko, The Richest Man in Bablyon by George Clason and More Wealth Without Risk by Charles J. Givens which offers over 300 ways to drastically reduce expenses, money that can be used for investing or paying off debts. You will also find that Givens pushes the 10% solution very strongly.
Stay away from books that push "budgets" and are mostly loaded with fluff. I think the only person that made money with a "budget" was the guy who started Budget Rent-A-Car.
Which brings me to another strategy that I use and recommend, starting your own business. The tax benefits alone make it worthwhile. I just had my car serviced and ran up a $800 bill. The good news is that since I use that vehicle in my home based business and have a permanently affixed sign on my car, all auto expences are 80% tax deductible! Previously I got 0 tax deductions. Not to mention additional income and additional money that I can put away in a sep-ira or solo 401 (k). Makes a lot of dollars and sense.
The Automatic Millionaire is an excellent book to jump start your financial life. I highly recommend it.
on March 11, 2004
Format: Hardcover
If you have bought and then read the huge 1,000 page books written by non financial authorities who are mere magazine writers, a book that is supposed to show you how to make the most of your money and come away disspointed, rest easy..Dave Bach is here with a book of real substance.It is not 1,000 pages of fluff, but 300 pages of real financial substance that will positively impact your bottom line.Read this along with Suze Ormans The Laws of Money and/or Terry Savage's The Savage Truth on Money. Ray Linder's Making The Most of Your Money (The original) is also excellent reading.Regarding that 1,000 page book, give it away or even throw it away and write it off as a tax loss.
on April 10, 2004
Format: Hardcover
I knew from the moment I picked this great book up at Barnes & Noble that it was a winner and would make a great impact on my financial life. And it certiantly has.
Thank you Mr. Bach for a really outstanding book.
Happy Easter!
on May 13, 2004
Format: Hardcover
Without a doubt, The Automatic Millioniare is the single best personal finance out book in America. This book is so packed with information and an easy and fun read too.
I bought mine earlier today at Costco and couldn't put it down! Bach is a great writer as well as a financial expert.
If you are looking for just one book on how to revamp your personal finances and get out of debt, this should be the one.
And I agree with the reviewer that said that ratings are low here at Amazon because people are buying this and other best sellers at other places (like Costco where I bought mine) Why pay more, plus shipping and have to wait?
The Automatic Millioniare is a OUTSTANDING book. Highly recommended.
on May 8, 2004
Format: Hardcover
The advice in this book is great. I passed it along to some family memebers who are in credit card debt and it is working already. This book puts you on automatic pilot, while not new, how many people are doing it? I wasn't untill I read this book.
Before reading TAM, I was expecting to have to wait another 18 years to pay off my home. How exciting it is to see that that home will be payed off in under five years with these techniques!
As for the lower than normal rating for this book here at Amazon, I can only assume that fewer people are buying this from Amazon. What, with Sam's Club, Costco, BAMM and Wal Mart all selling TAM for less than what Amazon charges, why buy from Amazon when you can buy it for less, not pay any shipping charges and have it today? Besides, this kind of information you want to apply right away, not wait several days to recieve it.
So that is probably the reason why the book is rated lower here at Amazon, people are not buying it from Amazon. Can you blame them?
I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to achieve financial succe$$. Other good books include Suze Orman's newest book The Laws of Money and her encyclopedia, The Road To Wealth also available in paperback.
on April 24, 2004
Format: Hardcover
I really don't where to start with this great book by Dave Bach. There is so much information in here. Everything you need to become financially independent is in here.
Not since Charles Givens groundbreaking book More Wealth Without Risk has someone packed so much useful information in one place. Information that works all the time and works for everybody.
Forget those 1,000 page fluff infested books written by non fincnial people or even worse, self publishing geeks who claim to be businessmen/entrepneurs but in reality are only spammers with no real investment/business experience and write horribly bad books.
Bach is a guy who has a system that works and is working for everybody. Ask Ophrah. Ask anybody who has tried it. Then go ask people who have bought those books written by people from newsweak, who are writers but not financial experts.
Great book Mr. BACH. I am looking forward to your next foray.
Newsweak writers and self publishers, better keep your day jobs.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations