Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 6, 2007 2:03:18 PM PST
D. Weinstein says:
I actually just noticed this in the new ROCKY 2 discer, but then went back to my old ROCKY dvd and found the same 5.1 problem - in this mode - there are classic music cues that get drowned out in the mix. I'm talking iconic moments. Specifically, three - when he runs up the steps and that horn takes over - then during the fight - the music is drowned out - particularly the horn - and again - after the final bell, the music is muted and the horn is almost non-existent. Now, go to the audio selection MONO or REGULAR DOLBY and it's all there with the mix we all remember. Since MGM will probably NEVER fix this problem, since they had ample opportunity this last go round, before the training sequence starts - set your audio to 2: 2.0 DOLBY DIGITAL - then hit 5 CHANNEL STEREO and you'll then get the full mix - the dialog is muddier then in the 5.1, but I'd rather have it the way I heard it originally then zap the greatest musical cues of all time, which, in the last minutes, were just as important as the action.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Jan 6, 2007
Latest post:  Jan 6, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Rocky (1976)
Rocky (1976) by Sylvester Stallone (DVD)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (434)