5.0 out of 5 stars A Holiday Recipe Book Done Right
Finally, a cook book without all the fluff, pomp and circumstance. Emma Buckley nails the basics of putting together a holiday feast for family and friends. With this book you can plan a full-on festive meal -- from appetizer to after-dinner drinks -- and never have to leave your Kindle once. And you don't have to wade through a sea of ink just to get to the recipes...
Published 18 months ago by Richard Cutler

1.0 out of 5 stars Cookie recipes
This book fell short of my expectations. I thought it would be filled with a ton of recipes. Too bad I was hoping for a great read and stumbling on some great new recipes.
Published 3 months ago by Gladiator

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Holiday Recipe Book Done Right, October 22, 2012
This review is from: The BEST Holiday Cooking Recipes: Easy Party Recipes for Special Occasions (Kindle Edition)

Need some quick appetizers for a last minute get-together? Bam! Fire up these chicken wings and spinach artichoke dip. Easy.

Or, let's say you have the roast turkey part taken care of, and you're just looking for the right sides: How can you go wrong with mashed sweet potatoes and green beans with bacon?

Even if you get this just for the desserts it will be well worth the investment. (Heavenly Raspberry Cheesecake, anyone?)

For 99 cents (price I paid) dinner is done. The only thing you'll have to worry about is who's going to do the dishes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bisque and Buttered Turkey, October 22, 2012
I am constantly amazed at how hard people work when they are in the kitchen. And what is even more amazing is the enjoyment they derive from it. This cookbook just "feels" warm and happy.

Buttered turkey? Wow - that sounds delicious. Lobster Bisque? I have enjoyed this but it was at a restaurant. I look forward to trying out this recipe for my family this holiday season.

This cookbook was very step-by-step which is going to be extremely helpful for someone like me (a non-frequent cooker). But with the thoroughness of the directions, I feel like I can make it just like the author (wish me luck)!

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, October 18, 2012
This book made me hungry just reading it. Many of the recipes reminded me of the great cooking like Mom and Gradma used to make. Special treats that you wouldn't eat every day but are not difficult to prepare and taste yum! The instructions are quite complete and simple to follow. Anyone interested in cooking should get this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars The best old timey recipes, December 30, 2012
I will keep and use many of these recipes over and over, and not just for the holidays. It's a great cookbook.

4.0 out of 5 stars Whiskey Ham, December 9, 2013
I tried the recipe for the whiskey basted ham and it was delicious. I acutally used Honey Whiskey. Everyone loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars flavorable combinations, November 10, 2013
The recipes look like they are going to be very tasty especially the blueberry delight. Can't wait to try it and the other recipes. Good job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Recipes, October 25, 2012
Usually when we think of holidays we think of Thanksgiving and Christmas...roast turkey, pumpkin pie, Christmas cookies and fudge. This book doesn't follow that typical path, but instead has some very interesting recipes to choose from. It is quite refreshing to see some different recipes from those that we would typically expect in this type of book.

In this book you'll find such recipes as Cherry Torte, Fabulous Cobbler, Roasted Onions with Thyme and Whiskey-Basted Ham. Not your usual fare, but excellent recipes for you to use. These recipes all look easy to make and have easy to obtain ingredients as well. I especially like the recipe for Whiskey-Basted Ham (and I don't even drink!). It looks really interesting and it's something I will try for our family over the holidays.

I made the Baby Crab Cakes and they were awesome. I love seafood so any time I see a new seafood recipe I have to try it! They made a lovely supper along with some cheesy broccoli and dilled carrots. Delicious!

If you want some interesting recipes, get this book. It's great.

Marg Ruttan
International Best-Selling Cookbook Author

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Ideas So You Don't Get The Same Old Boring Meals, October 22, 2012
Justin Lee (Vancouver, BC) - See all my reviews
The holidays are a time for fun, family, friends and food! The problem can sometimes be that you get bored preparing the same old dishes.

As the author of Turkey Fryers & Deep Fried Turkey: How To Deep Fry A Turkey- Complete Step By Step Instructions To Cooking Your Tastiest Turkey Ever! I know the importance of having delicious, tasty side dishes to accompany your turkey.

This book has tons of great ideas and recipes that will add flair, fun and flavor to your holiday meals this year, and beyond!

Easy to read, easy to follow recipes, but food that makes you seem like a gourmet chef!

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm so hungry after reading this., January 30, 2014
So many recipes, so little time to try them in. These are designed to feed a group, so I will be stuck cutting them down, but such a tasty dilemma, what to try first.... No weird food, straightforward easy to follow directions. The most complicated recipe was for the cheesecake, and that had more to do with prepping a springform pan for a waterbath than the cooking itself. I don't think I will be waiting for the holidays to try many of these. On the downside, there is no index.

5.0 out of 5 stars Family pleaser, January 14, 2014
These recipes are a crowd pleaser and impressed everyone this past holiday season without us being stuck in the kitchen all day and allowed us to enjoy our company and good food. Give it a look through and try a recipe or two. Your guests and family will enjoy.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›