Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now Learn more

Format: Paperback|Change

on November 29, 2008
Stacey McGill is the new girl in town. Before she moved to Stoneybrook, she lived in New York City. With her permed hair, cool clothes, and breezy-but-mature attitude, her new friends think she's wildly sophisticated. The truth is Stacey's a little shakey. She misses her old friends and the big city. Though she likes being a member of The Baby-Sitters Club, she's worried that they'll find out her big secret - she has diabetes.

In this line of BSC graphic novels, illustrator Raina Telgemeier has done the beloved books justice. She has completely retained the original stories, lifting dialogue - speech and thought bubbles - directly from the original text. Her artwork is adorable, and the characters all look to be the proper ages. The graphic novels are just as squeaky-clean as the books upon which they are based, and I recommend them just as highly.
on May 3, 2008
A must read for anyone with type 1 diabetes, or who knows someone with type 1 diabetes, or who likes to read a great book.

I was driving when my 8 year old daughter announced that "Stacy has type 1 too, mom!" "Who is Stacy?" I asked her. "Stacy, the babysitter..." she replied. I started to tell her she didn't have a sitter named Stacy when I realized she was talking about the book she was reading, The Truth about Stacy. How cool! My daughter has type 1 diabetes and had found a heroine who she could really relate to!

We got other BSC books from the old series to read (not the graphic novels), but they hadn't been updated the way the versions Raina Telgemeier illustrated and adapted. Kudos to Raina, who took the time to learn about type 1 and make sure the information was up to date and accurate.
on June 11, 2015
Our 9 year old daughter likes this line of books, but it is a bit deceiving with some of the content for that age group. These books are from a series from the 80's, but with a new twist and some older themes. I have to read them first to make sure it is appropriate for her.
on June 1, 2015
I loved the original series when I was young and my daughter enjoys the graphic novels just as much. This is not the first book in the series, but I knew my daughter would be interested in the topic (a girl with diabetes). After reading this one, she has read the others as well in addition to Smile and Sisters (by the same illustrator).

Now, how is it I am giving such a "junk food" read 5 stars? Well, I am not a book snob...I know some moms want their kids to read literature, but honestly my goal is that my kids love reading for life. I let them read whatever they want (and re-read, re-read, re-read). And yes, my evil plan is working...they love reading AND they are excellent readers. Leave the literature for school...this is the kind of junk that grows book lovers!!
on April 21, 2016
My daughter hates reading because she is dyslexic. I was SOOOOOOO happy when we found these at Barnes and Nobles. My daughter has regained so much confidence now that she can read with pictures again (at age 12). I read all of these when I was her age (no pix) and I REALLY wish they sold them in a big set so she can start with #1 and move forward without me having to buy each one.
on March 18, 2015
For most this will be an outstanding addition to your library collection. My daughter cannot see well and she is deaf so the black and white print was not a winner at our house. The other books had been in color and my daughter was able to see and read it with pleasure. This one was tossed aside. I have pre-ordered the color version as this was disappointing, but we have a unique situation. For others, great book!
on February 29, 2016
After weeks of hearing that so-and-so STILL had the Babysitter's Club books checked out from the school library...I finally broke down and bought them. While I can't say I've read them myself, my 8-year-old loves them...and now my Harry Potter-loving 11year old is reading them as well!
on March 14, 2016
As a kid I read all the original Babysitters Club books. My daughter loves graphic novels, and mentioned these to me. I was confused at first after she said I got the wrong babysitters club book for her. It turns out these were redone for the current generation. I read some of it and it is really cool how the story is the same, but edited down and in comic form. My daughter really likes some of Raina Telgemeier's other graphic novels; Drama, Sisters, and Smile. I am not surprised she loves these. I also like that they are half the price on Amazon than at the store. I'm glad the stories I loved as a girl my daughter now loves, even if they are different.
I'm just singing in heaven right now. This book was the best book ever. I loved the twist how that doctor was a fake, but I don't remember his name. πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„ this was amazing and Stacy is such an amazing character and I feel sorry for Stacy and her diabetes. This reminds me of camp confidential Alex's challenge. Alex has diabetes and she just couldn't resist herself to have a skittle-packet-sized- box of candy, and meanwhile she has a soccer championships at camp, she faints because her blood sugar was too high. She didn't tell her friends. I loved this book it was so amazing and I can't wait for the other.books!!πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸŽ΅πŸŽ΅πŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸ

The riptide queenπŸ’§πŸšπŸ‘‘
on January 18, 2016
We bought this as a gift for my little cousin and she was beyond excited! It's so fun they've renewed a series so many of us loved as little girls! I love that moms are getting a chance to share this series with their daughters in a new way :)