HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports Automotive Deals

on August 23, 1998
Although Mr. O'Roarke usually writes from a conservative perspective, this book can be read by anyone. The pictures are even funnier than the text. The only complaint I had was that it was too short.
on February 6, 2006
I've read this book several times. Every time I pick it up, I end up laughing until I almost cry. As a bachelor myself, I relate to the grains of reality underneath O'Rouke's great sarcasm.
on May 30, 2000
I read this book in spanish years ago when I was a bachelor... I laughed soooo much my family thought I was crazy... If I was going to recommend one book for out loud laughter this is the one. I've haven't found a book this much fun in years .... READ IT you will love it.
on January 14, 2001
A complete anthropoligical study of the contemporary bachelor.
More than a bible, rather a rule book.
It manages all that is necessary to convey the truth behind 'guy living'. Lots of fun.
on September 8, 2003
Not as good as "Eat The Rich" or "Parliament of Whores" or "All The Trouble in the World" or "Holidays in Hell" or "Give War A Chance"; those books are thought-provoking as well as screamingly funny. This one is just screamingly funny, but this might actually be a plus for people whose response to some of P.J.'s better works is a defensive "That's not funny!"; P.J. has a tendancy to poke fun at EVERYTHING, including the sacred cows of people who he disagrees with (and sometimes those he agrees with.)
on June 15, 2000
I am petulantly withholding a 5 star rating on this little work of humor, well, because it's a little work. There. Why didn't he make it longer, dammit?
You must buy this. Anyone who's been a bachelor understands viscerally "Decorating with Alcohol".
on June 28, 1999
Not only is this book hilarious, it is THE definitive guide to bachelor living.
on August 21, 2000
You can read this again and again, and you will still find yourself laughing out loud! His best work.
on June 5, 2001
As a 32 yr old bacelor, this book had me literally HOWLING with laughter! I let my girlfriend read it. We aren't dating anymore, LOL. As ridiculous and as obscene as some of it seems, it is startling to realize that I have actually LIVED like that!
FIVE STARS,..!!!!!!
O'Rourke has always written incisive and perceptive material, and this, his first book, points up the "always" part. Dorm rooms, bachelor pads, teenagers' rooms -- they're all the same when you come down to it, and for the same reason -- people who aren't answerable to anyone else (or don't think they aren't) live like they aren't answerable to anyone else! O'Rourke is married with a kid now, and if he lived like he's written about here, he probably did it to get out of his own former house. But then, as he puts it, "We're all bachelors now, strangers in a home we never made."