Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

Format: Paperback|Change

on November 1, 2013
This is a great asset for all you Scrabble or Words with Friends players that gives you a boost on potential points.

Easily arranged in alphabetical order it not only includes words that end in a particular letter but also a complete list of words with those pesky "Z" and "Q" and "W" letters as an example

Recommended
VINE VOICEon March 17, 2015
THE BACKWORDS DICTIONARY - A WORD ENDING DICTIONARY

I have always been a huge SCRABBLE fan and now a fan of WORDS WITH FRIENDS. I play with some pretty tough/smart cookies and the competition is tough.

I decided to get this book to help me along my way. I don't like to use it constantly, but there are times when there is no place to go but to the book. So, I do! This book has helped me out of countless jams and helped me learn many new words along the way! The format is simple and easy to use -- when you find yourself in a hopeless situation on the board, check out this book. For instance, if there is a C just sitting there waiting for you to score points with, look up the C section. There you will find every word that ends with the letter C. As a bonus it is also defined. There is also a section that is dedicated to just two letter words. Very cool. Nothing could be easier and simpler to add to your score, brain, and overall fun.

If you love WORDS WITH FRIENDS and SCRABBLE or just like to improve your language skills, this would be a good book to add to your library.

Thanks!
on December 22, 2012
Like the author, my husband and I play "dictionary Scrabble" (where we're allowed to search the dictionary for the best word) and I'd often said I wish someone would produce a "Backwords Dictionary" to help make plays on a board with limited playing space. I'm very excited with the book and will recommend it to fellow Scrabble enthusiasts. My only disappointment is that it doesn't include 7 letter words which was our main reason for searching the dictionary in the first place for that extra 50 points.
on May 1, 2013
This book works most of the time. I am a hardcore scrabble player so some words are not accepted by scrabble association
When my son and I play its always competitive. My son has only been playing about six months I can hardly beat him
he wins most of the time. For fun this book is ok!!!!!
on June 3, 2015
This will be very helpful. Despite the fact I've recently connected with an avid Scrabble player, I find we are both deliberating over words ending in specific letters. This book will be a tremendous benefit to us both.

Thank you for your work and taking the time to assemble this publication.
on January 27, 2014
My Mom and I play a lot of scrabble but we play by our rules, various concussions have made this game a huge challenge for me and so I find this book to be very helpful in our style of play. I will say that it is not perfect as I have found several omissions in the listing of two letter words that it has. The book was a little slow getting here but arrived in good shape.
on February 16, 2016
The book is advertised on Amazon as "A word ending dictionary for Scrabble©, crossword puzzles and other wordgames." I bought the book as an aid for Scrabble. The very first time I used it, there was a Q on the board a few spaces away from the triple word score and I wondered if anything could end in Q so I could use the triple word space. In the book I turned to the Q section and there are only 6 listed words that end in Q (CQ, FAQ, IQ, TALAQ, TRANQ, UMIAQ) - I got excited because I had the right letters for one of those words. However, in the official scrabble players dictionary, only the last 2 words listed are actually scrabble words. You can NOT use CQ, FAQ, IQ, or TALAQ when playing scrabble. Since the book has words that you can't actually use during scrabble, its not really good for scrabble players. I am trying to decide if I should return it. Because I STILL have to look up the word in official scrabble dictionary after it's found in this book, to see if its really allowed or not. There are no marks to indicate a real scrabble word (that would have made the book useful to me.) They should have put a dot or asterisk beside the word to indicate which words are (or are not) actual scrabble words. I did enjoy the one page of "Scrabble Factoids" in the front of the book such as "the highest known score for a single word in competition Scrabble is 392 for the word "caziques" which means Indian Chief." The special letters (J,Q,X, and Z) also have chapter of words which have that letter in it regardless of position which is nice, but would be more useful if you actually knew which ones were allowed in Scrabble.

UPDATE: SUQ is NOT in this book (and should be... it is an official Scrabble word)
review image
on August 7, 2012
An excellent resource in a new edition for Scrabble or generally exploring the roots of words. Entertaining and well worth adding to your collection. Now where is the online version!
on March 12, 2013
Comes in very handy for playing scrabble plus has all the "J" words. Got here quickly. That's all there is.
on September 11, 2014
A great help for playing Words with Friends. Printed on nice paper. My complaint is that it is not a very complete dictionary. I have added many words to it a I use it. Have recently bought The Scrabble Word-Building Book (compiled by Saleem Ahmed) which does seem better.