4.0 out of 5 stars pH Balance Diet
This is not a huge book, but the authors manage to pack in a lot of information. The introduction provides a concise, clear explanation of what an alkaline diet is, what it does for you, and the health consequences of a too-acid diet (with a list of common symptoms).
Published on October 11, 2010 by M. Ho

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought for the Recipes - its ok
I mainly bought the book for the recipes, and was hoping for a good list of quick and easy to make meals. The book has one chapter 3 on recipes which have a few good recipes but overall I was disappointed with the selection. I also found chapter 3 on How to Testing ph to be very confusing and have read other books with much better instructions.
Published on February 1, 2012 by Paul alaBoston

4.0 out of 5 stars pH Balance Diet, October 11, 2010
M. Ho (Denver, CO USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The pH Balance Diet: Restore Your Acid-Alkaline Levels to Eliminate Toxins and Lose Weight (Paperback)
Chapter 1 describes three levels of the pH Balance Diet. The first level is for the beginner, with small incremental changes to their normal diet. Level 2 has more changes until at Level 3 you are eating and drinking 80% alkaline forming foods and 20% acid forming foods. Each level is described carefully, and an easy reference table and diagrams help you quickly get the information you need for the day.
Chapter 2 is a compendium of the best foods for an alkalizing diet, in alphabetical order. The benefits of each item are described and tips given on cooking or preparation. There is also a quick reference table provided.
Chapter 3 has some recipes in the usual categories (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and juices). This is not really a cookbook so there are limited recipes, but it gives an idea of what can be done.
Chapter 4 gives instructions on how to test your pH level. I didn't really try this chapter myself because it was my doctor who recommended this diet for me and I really didn't feel like messing with this.
Chapter 5 gives more information about the benefits of this diet. Amazing to learn that milk is NOT the best source of calcium at all, but rather the green vegetables that so many Americans don't eat. The book has detailed information about osteoporosis and how to prevent and reverse it through alkalizing your diet. It also helps tons with fibromyalgia pain, and chronic fatigue.
All in all, a small book packed with a lot of information. I recommend it for anyone who wants a quick reference into this topic.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good pH Balance Resource Book, November 29, 2007
I purchased this book as I began my own research into adapting a pH balanced diet. It has been very helpful. I also believe it is easier to read and absorb the information over some of the other books on the same subject. It offers an easy to follow diet, if one wants to go 100% into the program. For others, the information provided is easy to adapt into any diet program. Simple to follow recipes are included too, some I have tried with good results.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Reference, March 12, 2009
Odyn (United States) - See all my reviews
This is a good reference book for anyone starting/beginning to learn or carry out a alkaline/acidity pH balance diet. It does contain some recipes (needs more recipes) but is a good reference book on the subject. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the book, very informative, October 8, 2010
This book was a very informative. I keep it in my car for grocery shopping ideas & recipes. The lemon juice first thing upon waking has been life changing for me. Just one day without doing this, and the cough and reflux flare up (although getting less and less). Easy to read & follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Restoring Balance, September 15, 2010
I've been very ill lately and apparently for quite a while I'm hopeing the this will help me to get well again. I needed to bring my ph up quite a ways and didn't realize I had been so ill for so long and this isn't something that you can get over by taking a pill and it will go away. It takes months for it to show up it will take months to get myself better. This book has helped me so much and I had no idea that this was a problem. I am losing weight, my stomach isn't burning and I feel so much better with more stamina and a positive outlook. Thank you for the book and I will be able to share it with others who may have the same problems I have had.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what we needed, September 24, 2011
This book is easy to read , easy to understand and easy to follow. You will feel a whole lot better after changing the way you eat to make your body more alkaline. This was the best book ive bought on the subject.

4.0 out of 5 stars A one off comment, December 2, 2007
I found this book easy to read and pick up and find pages at random however, would like to read some other book on the same subject to compare detail. Seems to differ slightly from internet information I've found - by and large very helpful, had some trouble getting the ph test kits and not sure now that I've got the right ones, detail in that sphere would have been more helpful. The whole concept is of great interest to me and seems to be of great assistance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, November 30, 2009
Easy to read and understand, just what I needed to stay ph balanced and alkaline.

4.0 out of 5 stars the PH balance Diet, September 29, 2010
I found this book easy to read and follow.Well set out and explained. It arrived in good condition before the due date. It has recipes to follow and ideas on how to get started. Easy steps to achieve your goal.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought for the Recipes - its ok, February 1, 2012