The Bamboo Bottle Company's 17-Ounce Bottle
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Glass-lining with bamboo insulator
- Made from BPA free material
- Safe to drink from at all temperatures
- Completely reusable
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Color: Bamboo | Size: 17-Ounce
Top Customer Reviews
1. Aesthetics. I was initially drawn to the bottle because of its unique look. In person, the bamboo is quite striking, and the product really stands out.
2. Glass bottle. It's hard to find a bottle that uses glass for its liner. I'm certain there are products out there that do, but they seem uncommon. The glass is easy to clean, doesn't pick up residual tastes, and won't leech chemicals into your drink. It's also easy to clean because it is dishwasher safe.
3. Hot and cold, same bottle. This is my number one reason for purchasing this bottle. It works great with hot coffee in the morning and cold water later in the day. I don't like using paper cups when buying coffee, but I don't want to bring both a water bottle and a coffee mug with me to work every day. This bottle works great for both.
There are some reasons why this bottle may not be for you.
1. You want a really light weight water bottle. This water bottle is part glass, so it's heavier than other products. I wouldn't want to take it along for a run, but in my bag or lifting to take a drink, I don't notice the weight at all. But if you need something that is very light weight when empty, don't buy the product.
2. You want a bottle that holds a LOT of liquid. Take note - the Bamboo Bottle holds half a liter. If that's too small for you, don't buy the product.
3. You care about function over everything else. To clean this bottle in the dishwasher, you have to disassemble it. That means unscrewing two pieces. There's no "sippy cap" on the product, so you have to remove the top to take a drink. And the bamboo can't be put in the microwave or soaked in water. If all this seems like a hassle to you, don't buy the product.
The bottle, as is touted far and wide, is beautiful to look at and a truly unique product in an already swamped marketplace.
It is, however, slightly heavier than I would like for an item I intend to carry around (it's interior is made out of glass.) One of its best features also provides some frustrating moments as you get to know it: if you twist the top off in the wrong way, while holding the wrong part of the bottle, the pieces can come loose, in one case, even coming apart. Now, as with anything, the longer I use it the less of a problem this becomes, but new owners take note. Finally, I've come to realize that it does not do well in the refrigerator. The plastic top, neck-nut and bottom can seize up and cease to operate smoothly until the unit warms up again. Also, as is to be expected from a natural wood/fiber, the bamboo sleeve does not like to be refrigerated either - it weeps and swells with the changes in temperature. The manufacturer does not mention this in any of its literature that I could find, but certainly should in order to help owners get the most out of their bottles.
I like this bottle, but recognize it as the first offering from a company trying to fill a void in the market. I expect their next bottles to address these issues. Bringing something truly new to market can be tough, but I'm not going to make excuses for the company.
If you're looking for a beautifully unique, environmentally friendly bottle that needs a little baby sitting, then this is your bottle! Don't put it in the fridge and be mindful when opening and closing it, and I suspect that you'll be quite happy with it.
The reviewer's complaints seem to fall into the following categories:
Size: the bottle's size is clearly listed as 17 ounces. This is smaller than most water bottles, but I took this into account when I ordered. Incidentally, 16 ounces is the size of a Starbucks Grande Coffee, with room left over for plenty of cream and sugar, which is how I take my coffee. Since this bottle accommodates both hot and cold drinks, and the bamboo sleeve provides insulation for both, something the Sigg bottle does not, I think I am ahead. You can hardly blame the product if you didn't bother to read the product description carefully enough.
Weight: everyone is complaining that this bottle is heavier than the aluminum and stainless steel bottles already on the market. I do not intend to be insulting, but duh! Again, the product description was pretty clear that what was being purchased was a bottle with a glass lining with a bamboo insulator (I bought it from the manufacturer so I got the whole song and dance). A glass bottle is heavier than an aluminum or steel can; it can be presumed that any product made of glass is going to be heavier.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Is this co. still in business? I can't find any contact info for them. My wife and I received 2 for a Thanksgiving gift. Unfortunately both leak. Can someone offer any help. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
It looks pretty but it's way too heavy for the amount of water it carries.Published 4 months ago by Michael Jackson
It is quite pricey here on amazon but you van get it much cheaper else where like eBay. Does anyone know why the comapny went out of business? Read morePublished 9 months ago by Kevin Gamache
The bottle leaks. The whole thing is designed to come apart to clean but does so when just trying to remove the lid. Good Idea with poor implementation.Published 12 months ago by Kaitlin DuBray
Great Item. Always get complements on it. Very different looking. Love the glass inside. Wish it kept the water colder. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Kim
The glass bottle inside this is very small and I'm constantly refilling. Also, the bottle is heavy and hard to drink from. Read morePublished on January 2, 2014 by Flyingtoaster99
I bought this bottle after cutting my hand wash a mason jar. After
hours of hand surgery, I developed a glass phobia. Read more
I bought this bottle nearly a year ago when I got serious about exercise, and wanted an environmentally sensitive bottle to take to the gym. This one looked good too. Read morePublished on August 29, 2013 by Susan D. Demaio
I use this water bottle for my desk at work and love it. Its a nice change to drink out of a glass container all day long in comparison with an aluminum bottle or plastic. Read morePublished on December 5, 2012 by usafbucknut