5.0 out of 5 stars Comforting, informative
This book is perfect for any 3L or recent law school grad. I heard too many different opinions from bar takers and found a great comfort in reading this book. With the help of the book, I devised a plan and felt very prepared for both bar exams I passed and waived into DC. Great book!
Published on February 12, 2010 by L. Pearlman

1.0 out of 5 stars Lacks intellectual substance
Published on October 29, 2011 by Sisko

5.0 out of 5 stars Comforting, informative, February 12, 2010
This review is from: The Bar Exam Survival Guide: The Insider's Handbook for Passing the Bar Exam (Paperback)

1.0 out of 5 stars Lacks intellectual substance, October 29, 2011
I found this book to be very elementary and generally not worth the investment of anyone with any real life experience. The "advice" rendered by the authors really amounts to common sense, e.g., get plenty of rest, eat well, and avoid spending too much social time with family and friends. I was seeking a book with more intellectual substance and prudent counsel on bar preparation. This was not it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have!!, February 19, 2009
This book is a must have! After reading it I felt like I had already taken the bar and knew what to expect. I could not have passed both my state exams without it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The little book that delivers BIG with good advice and common sense!, March 14, 2009
Patricia Viola (New York, New York United States) - See all my reviews
Give yourself permission to put down that Bar study book - for just a minute - and pick up this (thankfully) quick read that offers stress- busting advice for what could rank up there as one of the most stress-inducing times in one's life. These two dynamic 'esquire-ettes' fan out a comprehensive dashboard of common sense tips to help future bar takers stay focussed during the months preceding the big day (or days). Of course, Nardiello and Grodin's cool blend of humour accompanied by 'we've been there' empathy is most welcomed as well. I greatly appreciated the practical advice and the resource directory was a bonus as well. A highly recommended read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift for Law School Grad, February 18, 2009
The Bar Exam Survival Guide is a funny and intelligent way to understand what it's like taking the bar exam for the first time. It's nice to read something with a little sense of humor since this topic could not be more boring. I gave it as a present to two people I know taking the bar exam, and they told me it was the perfect gift for their upcoming bar prep.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bar Exam Survival Guide: The Insider's Handbook for Passing the Bar Exam, March 6, 2009
If you are intent upon passing the Bar this book is a must read! It is clearly written, very informative, and includes a touch of humor to get you through the process. This will become required reading for those studying for the Bar!

5.0 out of 5 stars This should be required reading!, February 19, 2009
When I started to prepare for the bar I was surprised to find that this was one of the only guides out there and also so resourceful! It was incredibly helpful for me to learn how to schedule my study life vs personal life. The sample charts and schedules are excellent and have helped me organize my day. I highly recommend this book to anyone who finds studying for the bar exam overwhelming. This guide really puts things into perspective.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Tips, July 31, 2013
I bought this on the second day many of my classmates were taking the July bar exam. After reading their first day exam status updates and seeing one where a computer would not open the exam software for the essay portion of the exam, I decided I needed to know everything I could before I take it in Feb. This is a fast read and has helpful tips for future bar takers and it gave me a heads up on the bar exam experience. There were some chapters that didn't pertain to me, like taking the MPRE and taking the exam in a second state, but it was still helpful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought as gift, April 10, 2013
I bought this book for my son a few months before he took his bar exam. He read it and commented to me
that if the bar was going to be this bad, he was not going to pass it, no way.
Well despite whatever he read in the book, he passed the Ct bar on his first try and is now an Attorney.
He said the book did give him insight so it may be worth reading to give someone an idea of what will
be involved in taking this exam. And good luck!

2.0 out of 5 stars Study guide and time management, Not a Bar exam prep., January 20, 2013
This book is more of a guide on how you should study and use time management. It has a few good pieces of information that made it valuable enough to purchase though.

The Bar Exam Survival Guide: The Insider's Handbook for Passing the Bar Exam