Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on December 7, 2012
Had a GREAT time watching this movie! If you love a shoot em' up then give this one a try. The action is non-stop and the characters are just plain fun to watch. The language us really rough, but if you can overlook that you'll have a great time.
on December 11, 2012
Great movie! Great acting. Loved everything from the creative storyline and direction to the bits of humor among the intensity. Language and graphics aren't for weak stomachs, but it needed raw for impact and was very engaging. I'm going to keep my eye out for anything else Barry Battles creates. This was fresh and super entertaining.
on December 21, 2012
No idea where this movie came from, but it completely exceeded expectations. Great action, totally solid work from everyone involved... completely fun and campy... ridiculous without being annoying. If you're the type of person who likes this kind of movie -- you know who you are -- then you should totally watch Baytown Outlaws.
on December 9, 2012
The Oodie brothers are three redneck hitmen living near Montgomery Alabama. They are in cahoots with the local sheriff (Andre Braugher). When Celeste (Eva Longoria) offers them $25,000 to retrieve her godson (Thomas Brodie-Sangster) from crime boss Carlos (Billy Bob Thornton) they free lance.

The boys are Brick, the leader (Clayne Crawford); McQueen, nearly illiterate (Travis Fimmel) and Lincoln aka The Dixie Reaper (Daniel Cudmore). Carlos is the "Wal- f@#$ing Mart of crime." Once the godson is taken, he sends out gangs to retrieve him, including a gang of biker prostitutes. Meanwhile the sheriff is being hounded by a "Yankee ATF" (Paul Wesley) who is putting the pieces together.

This is a great shoot 'em grindhouse film. If you are not a grindhouse action fan, then don't bother with this film. This production includes colorful characters, a great soundtrack, and an improbable plot...everything we want in a grindhouse except Danny Trejo.

Parental Guide: F-bombs, brief rear nudity, brief sex on a video.
on March 6, 2013
I just finished watching this movie & felt compelled to right a review of it.

I rented this expecting to see a stereotypical grindhouse flick. I was wrong & can admit it! Lol. I was very surprised. This movie was at least 10 times better than I expected. Lots of laughs.

Loved how the three Oodie brothers took care of Rob and loved him like a brother. The lengths they went to in order to protect him, was amazing. The amount of compassion the brothers showed Rob, had me choked up a few times.

The profanity didn't bother me. Almost no nudity in the movie.

This is a movie that needs to be seen to be appreciated. It is beyond me how anyone cannot like this movie.

I rented & watched the movie...now I just put the DVD & Blu-ray discs in my Amazon shopping cart.

If you want to watch a good, surprising movie....watch this movie.
on April 2, 2013
I think I'm obsessed with this movie! First of all, it's Southern, which automatically gives it a boost in awesomeness. It says during one part that they're from "the Atmore area near Montgomery, Alabama" but anybody from down around here knows that Atmore is closer to Mobile or Pensacola than it is to Montgomery. Not to mention that the county is supposed to have the lowest crime rate in the state (due to the Oodie Brothers taking out the trash), and we all know that Montgomery County ain't gonna have the lowest crime rate! lol. But Southern is Southern, so I can deal with the geographical mistakes on a low-budget movie. I think it only bothered me since I live forty mile South of Atmore, I don't think anybody else even noticed it.
Brick, Lincoln, and McQueen definitely looked and acted like some crazy redneck boys from South Alabama. Whoever was in charge of costumes and hair stuff knew what they were doing, the Oodie Brothers were dang sexy! (: Actors had a lot of chemistry, you could almost believe that they were actually brothers, and the bond with Rob was real believable too.
Lots of action, guns, good music (Hank III, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Colt Ford), good-lookin' men (Clayne Crawford, Travis Fimmel, and whoever the heck played Lincoln... Vampire Diaries guy was cute too), and real funny. It's one of the best movies I've seen in a long time, I'd recommend it to anybody, but Southerners (Gulf Coast are especially) will really love it.
I hope they make a sequel, like the ending kinda suggested... :D
on February 8, 2013
This movie was a lot of fun. Better than expected. I guess billy bob is a selling point? But it really is our 3 anti-heroes that make this movie rock.
on December 12, 2012
This movie was action packed and well written. Loved it. Cant wait to see part two. GREAT JOB Barry Battles
on December 10, 2012
I enjoyed the movie, the three actors who played brothers had chemistry and there were scenes that were down right funny as hell. The movie did play off the old B-movies with the over-the-top killers sent to get the boy back from the brothers. Michael Rappaport is awesome in his cameo, don't see what they needed Zoe Bell for as they didn't really give her much to do. I suppose it was so they could attach her name to the cast.

The movie sorta leads you to believe there will be a sequel, and as long as they keep the three actors playing the brothers I would be in line to watch a sequel. The wardrobe and costume department did an amazing job of making three very attractive guys look like southern white trash...but with all their teeth. Of course, if they allowed Lincoln to show a bit more skin I wouldn't complain either.
VINE VOICEon February 27, 2014
This will probably be one of Billy Bob Thornton's final films as he has stated publicly that he is pretty much done with making films at this time in his life. I'm sorry to see him retire, but he certainly has left us with a wonderful legacy of films that are "a little different" than the usual fare. This is one of those films.

There's a lot of violence in this film, right from the start, but it isn't gratuitous violence. The seemingly obvious plot soon reveals some very unexpected twists and surprises, which is great fun. Thornton isn't one of the main characters, but he is certainly unforgettable as a murderous, power-hungry tycoon who has diverse groups of thugs at his beck and call.

The real stars of the film are the seemingly rotten-to-the-core brothers who will do anything for money. They set out to do a high-paying job for Thornton, but they are transformed when they learn the job is the kidnapping of a young man who has severe mental and physical disabilities. This transformation is great to watch. Don't get me wrong, the movie doesn't turn mushy as the carnage keeps things rolling at the pace of a roller coaster.

The acting is excellent, as is the script. I saw this without having any idea what it was about, just looking for another good Thornton film ... and I definitely found one here. I ended up buying it as well.