5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for any beard loving human!
Published on May 26, 2010 by R. Salerno

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read
this was a good book to pass the time. although I disagree with the entire idea of keeping my beard up with the popularity of current styles, the information about dos and don't s are excellent
Published 6 months ago by Michael Chrismer

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for any beard loving human!, May 26, 2010
This review is from: The Bearded Gentleman: The Style Guide to Shaving Face (Paperback)
For years I went between having a beard, being clean shaven, beard, clean shaven...you get the picture. Never did I know that there were so many types, shapes and styles of beards. This book lays it all out on the bathroom vanity, so to speak. What to use, how to use it, how to cut, what could look good on you, some history of beard types. A great read for somebody looking to experiment with their image. My face has never been happier. Thank you! I can't wait to try them all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book...and nice author too!, June 24, 2010
C. L. Soriano (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Had the occasion to meet Nick at a signing at Border's San Francisco Center. Nice guy! But about the book - it's a great read, tons of historical content, so it's not just about style, it's about the whole history of the bearded gent. We had to give it as a gift to a friend, but not until we went through it. Written in a casual informative style, you'll learn a lot as well as enjoy the different styles of goatees, soul patches and beards (who knew there were so many options!). Fun for the fans of the bearded gent and the bearded gent in your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, June 16, 2013
I bought this for my Dad and he LOVED it! He liked it so much that even though I am unable to grow a beard (I'm a lady), I had to read it for myself. I usually avoid books on grooming because they are all hype and no substance, but this one is different. It has great information and is a really fun read. It's a great gift for any of the men in your life who have or would like to have facial hair.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read, December 29, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great find, March 24, 2014
My partner is lazy when shaving. So for a laugh I got him this book. Lots of inspiration can be found from all the different styles and if you don't mind the odd titbit of trivia fact about the history of a certain style, then this book is fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, September 30, 2013
If you have a beard or are thinking of growing one, THE BEARDED GENTLEMAN is a MUST book to have

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, May 21, 2014
I live far away so for sure it took a bit longer for the book to arrive, but it arrived way before the date I was given while purchasing. Book came in good condition, new. As for content of the book: nothing special, but you can get that from the title :D But there are hilarious pictures/drawings of "models" showing beard styles :D

4.0 out of 5 stars Good pics, March 19, 2013
I bought this for my husband to try different beard styles. He just grew his first full beard this year and wasn't experienced on how to maintain one. This book has good pictures and descriptions to follow.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very basic, January 4, 2013
Bebe (Syracuse, IN USA) - See all my reviews
According to my husband, It is not particularly current, especially for more upscale guys. Perhaps better suited to men who are just experimenting with a beard. Fun concept, though.

3.0 out of 5 stars good toilet book, December 24, 2012
light on details of beard care, lots of humor. it does have some pics which is nice to get an idea of what you are going for though.

The Bearded Gentleman: The Style Guide to Shaving Face
The Bearded Gentleman: The Style Guide to Shaving Face by Nick Burns (Paperback - June 1, 2010)
$14.95 $13.46