Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Format: PaperbackChange

on August 11, 2006
Excellent for piano players in that it shows the exact keyboard transcriptions for a number of Beatles songs. However, there's more than a couple that shouldn't even be in here (like All You Need is Love). Songs like Come Together and Get Back are there just so we can be shown the keyboard solos, the rest of the song (guitar and bass arranged for piano) can be ignored.

Also, there's a number of good piano-based Beatles songs that are absent, most notably Hey Bulldog. Others that should have been included are Sexy Sadie, Honey Pie, and Lovely Rita. Personally, I would have also liked to see Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight. But it's great to have some lesser known songs like Martha My Dear, which have great piano parts.

The book also provides the lyrics and the right key for the vocals above the piano parts if you want to sing along as well. The Beatles weren't fantastic piano players, so the songs in here are quite easy (except maybe the ones Billy Preston plays on) but still a lot of fun. Well worth your money, especially for songs like Hey Jude, Let It Be, and You Never Give Me Your Money.
11 comment27 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 7, 2010
This is an excellent book if you want to play Beatle songs exactly like the Beatles and sing along. If you are looking for solo piano arrangements then this is not the book to get; but, if you want to create your own arrangement then it is a useful tool. Sunrise
on June 29, 2011
If you are just looking for the piano/organ parts to popular Beatles songs than this is the book you need, as it features a good variety of songs and has the piano/organ part exactly as it was played on the original recording. Arrangements are pretty simple and in the right key, and the songs are pretty popular such as Hey Jude, Get Back, Let it Be, and All You Need is Love. Of course, it is missing some essential songs as well such as Hey Bulldog, Carry That Weight, and I Want You which all were pretty heavy on piano and organ. This book is still a bargain for the songs it features and the accuracy is spot on. It makes great for bands trying to cover some Beatle material or simply if you are studying chord/rhythm patterns for certain keyboard songs by the Beatles. If you want more songs or are looking for more than just piano arrangements I believe there is a book that is called complete beatles or something that features every single song by the Beatles and every instrument transcribed that was in the recording. Although that book is also kind of pricey as well.
on August 31, 2015
First thing's first: How accurate is this? Answer: VERY!
I've only been playing piano for 8 months (an hour a day), but I was ready for something more challenging than the Alfred's piano course kiddie songs. Loving the Beatles, I took a chance on this and I am glad that I did. I read slowly, so I had to work/practice on these songs for several days until I was able to play at a speed that matched the recordings. These are great! Hey Jude, Penny Lane, etc. all sound exactly like the records. And I learned something : the Beatles were great guitarists and composers but their piano playing was pretty uncomplicated (easy). Mostly, their songs are alternate chord fingerings played with the right hand and a single finger playing the notes on the bass staff. It sounds great - don't get me wrong - but I'm amazed how something that sounds so great is actually pretty simple to play. I was playing Penny Lane in about an hour. Your Mother Should Know took me about 30 minutes to sight-read through and finally play like the record. This has been great fun - and excellent motivation for us beginners who need to play something beloved and familiar in addition to the usual finger exercises and sight-reading of new sheet music.
on October 22, 2015
Excellent wonderful but not practical to use at my piano from the computer (I didn't think it through), so I also bought the paper version
on February 25, 2014
came with digital version as well as soon as I ordered from Amazon I had access before it even shipped to me well written and clear.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 20, 2015
Not bad. It works pretty well ... Though there are some errors in it that are disappointing. Still it's worth owning.
on December 4, 2015
Great book! Great to play along with crank up the sound and rock out with the Beatles.
on August 6, 2015
Good book
on December 12, 2013
The notes are exact, but the emotions of the Beatles needs to be provided by you. This might be difficult for some.
0Comment0 of 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse