5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome to the 4th Edition
This book is now in its 4th edition. That certainly tells you that it contains the essential information not only for beginning beekeepers but for all beekeepers. The diagrams are excellent and enhance the explanations in the text so that beekeepers not only read the information but see what they need to do. It is a book that all beekeepers will use for ready reference...
Published on June 22, 2011 by A. H.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good reference
This book seems a better reference manual than beginning beekeeper's guide. There is a wealth of information in the book, but I didn't think it was fun to read. I would recommend Beekeeping for Dummies as a first book. The Beekeeper's Handbook may come in handy for researching problems but is not the best for someone thinking about starting as a beekeeper.
Published on November 29, 2011 by W. Dennis Barrett

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars informative, April 27, 2014
Georgine Podhorszky "georgine" (Brooklyn, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Beekeeper's Handbook (Paperback)
very informative but I am a 1st time beekeeper and I thought Beekeeping for Dummies was easier to follow and use

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good reference, March 20, 2013
This review is from: The Beekeeper's Handbook (Paperback)
My beekeeping class is using this book. I find it comprehensive and relevant. I have one other book that is not as useful for practical purposes.

4.0 out of 5 stars lots of good info, March 19, 2013
This review is from: The Beekeeper's Handbook (Paperback)
My friend and I are interested in starting to raise our own bees, so when I saw this book listed I thought I would purchase it. Very good information for someone like us just starting out. Really helped us in finding the right area, types of frames to use etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent text book, March 16, 2013
This review is from: The Beekeeper's Handbook (Paperback)
Great book covering all aspects of beekeeping. I enrolled in a 8 week class sponsored by the county beekeeping group and this was the "text book" they recommended. I built two top bar hives and have purchased packages from a contact in the group. While this book doesn't cover top bar beekeeping I found enough online to bridge the gap to give me the confidence to get my apiary going in my backyard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Textbook for Bee School, March 6, 2013
This review is from: The Beekeeper's Handbook (Paperback)
It is hard to imagine a more complete manual on beekeeping written in a way that doesn't leave beginning beekeepers wondering what they just read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but advanced, February 21, 2013
This review is from: The Beekeeper's Handbook (Paperback)
Excellent publication. Possibly a little advanced and too comprehensive for the beginner.
This book along with Beekeeping for Dummies contains everything the beginning beekeeper needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great source of information on beekeeping, January 14, 2013
This review is from: The Beekeeper's Handbook (Paperback)
I bought this book primarily for educating myself about some of the more-advanced problems and situations I might face with beekeeping, but found the material useful even at a beginning level. Between this book, and another I've reviewed, I've found the information on bee diseases and pests to be invaluable with a recent problem in one of my hives. The information is presented in a way that's insightful and useful without getting too technically over-the-top. I'm pleased with this purchase and would recommend this book as a handy one to have for help in any aspect of beekeeping.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Beekeeper's Handbook, January 2, 2013
This review is from: The Beekeeper's Handbook (Paperback)
This is a very good basic handbook for referral for experienced beekeepers and definitely for beginning beekeepers.
I'm an experienced beekeeper and I especially appreciated the great photos that would be excellent for beginners

4.0 out of 5 stars BEE Helpful, December 19, 2012
This review is from: The Beekeeper's Handbook (Paperback)
This was one of the three books that we used when starting our Beekeepers Class at our school. This book was helpful and well worth the money spent to start our class out on the right foot.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Beekeeper's Handbook, October 10, 2012
This review is from: The Beekeeper's Handbook (Paperback)
An excellent book. Covers all aspects of Beekeeping for the intermediate level Beekeeper. After "First Lessons in Beekeeping" this should be the next book you read. The Beekeeper's Handbook

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

The Beekeeper's Handbook
The Beekeeper's Handbook by Diana Sammataro (Paperback - May 13, 2011)
$29.95 $18.23