Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

67%
33%
Format: Paperback|Change

on March 12, 2004
Finally! This guide is a wonderful, simple, logical insight to meditation. Weisman and Smith answered many questions I had regarding Buddhism and meditation. I am so grateful for finding this informative book and hope to incorporate some of these methods into my life. I highly recommend this reading for anyone who has questions on meditation and transforming equanimity and inner peace into their life.
on August 28, 2008
I've been meditating for quite some time and have been exploring the various schools of Buddhist thought. I found this to be one of the clearest written, most informative and helpful books on Insight Meditation.

There are others, including A Path with Heart, that are fantastic but if you're looking for a concise description of Insight Meditation and how it differs from other schools of thought without getting too esoteric, this is among the best.
on August 28, 2009
This book was clearly written and informative. It covered a lot of information but was not overwhelming. I particularly appreciated the stories that were used to demonstrate certain points.
on October 25, 2011
Step by step this book gave me direction and guidance when other books confounded my ignorance. The women behind this book are experienced practitioners, well known in the budding American Buddhist community, with years of first hand experience under their belts. Their goal of making a profound teaching accessible to anyone from the western world has been achieved. Many other books are written with the beginner in mind. I have looked at more than one and I found that after reading this book they paled by comparison. My teacher asked that her students read this book. I am so grateful for the guidance. It jump started my understanding in a clear and precise way.
on March 7, 2013
This does exactly what its title suggests; it gives beginners to insight meditation clear explanations of Buddhist practices. It also gives readers who are just starting a mindfulness practice great pointers on how to get started. The Beginner's Guide to Insight Meditation is a powerful introduction to Buddhism and meditation practice.
on January 23, 2011
I am a long-time meditator in the Vipassana/Insight tradition and this is one of the best intro books I have ever seen. It is comprehensive, easy to read and easy to understand.