5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent advice plus great recipes and testamonials
Published on September 27, 2011 by Tooncesmom

Published on July 7, 2012 by Amy

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent advice plus great recipes and testamonials, September 27, 2011
This review is from: The Belly Fat Cure™ Fast Track: Discover the Ultimate Carb Swap™ and Drop Up to 14 lbs. the First 14 Days (Spiral-bound)
Last year I purchased Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Cure and followed it with decent results. A few weeks ago, I picked up the fast Track at my local Costco after being impressed with all the testimonials and recipes (another reviewer stated that the first Belly Fat Cure was more about modifying fast foods, which is true, though you have to try Jorge's Bacon Pizza, Asian Salad and Tacos with Chipotle Crema-these have become staples at our house).

Jorge briefly describes belly fat and its dangers, then shows a two week regimen designed to help you lose up to fourteen pounds in fourteen days, plus it allows some indulgences. There are several motivators to help the reader to want to lose the belly fat whether it be ego or health. Also, each testimonial contains a tip to spur you along the way to a flat belly. All this without calorie deprivation. In eating the Belly Fat Cure way, the important thing is to control your insulin which means eliminating most processed carbs and sugars.

As for the recipes: two that I've tried were very good. The Indian Tilapia was a tad dry (mental note to grill a minute or two less), but the sauce was wonderful, and the Chicken Cacciatore got rave reviews from my husband.

I am enjoying the Fast Track, however, like another reviewer, I struggle with discipline and occasionally substitute a protein shake for breakfast. I recently reviewed Wheat Belly and decided to take it a step further and eliminate wheat and gluten from my diet. This combination seems to be working. Whichever you decide, you cannot go wrong with either of Jorge's Belly Fat Cure books. He's onto something.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the second one I've purchased., November 22, 2011
I have had tremendous success with the advice Jorge Cruise gives. His new Fast Track book is easy to read and follow. So many friends have asked how I lost weight and keep it off so I decided to purchase a second copy of his book to share.
After researching, Amazon had the best price and how can you beat free shipping?

5.0 out of 5 stars Lossing Weight and Loving it!, February 28, 2012
I am one of those that have tried everything. This is a common sense book that helps keep your eye on sugars and carbs. The best part is the recipes in the book. Jorge takes a "Belly Bad" meal and converts to a "Belly Good" meal then tells you how to make it. Extensive dialog on artificial sweeteners. Made me take a second look at what I was doing to my body, so I no longer use products using those he listed as bad. If you are looking for a book that helps you follow a good healthy way of living, this is the one. I just started 1.5 weeks ago and have already lost 6" on my tummy and down 9 lbs. Woohoo!

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, October 18, 2011
I am very happy with this informative and information book, I used the program and I lost
12 pounds in the first two weeks. My body has adjusted to the the new types of food that I
did not eat before. Highly recommend this product. This product shows you how to lower your insulin levels by putting the right foods in your body. Thanks Jorge Cruise

3.0 out of 5 stars The book is good. The website it constantly refers to is not!, July 7, 2012
Amy (Salt Lake City, Utah) - See all my reviews
The diet guidelines actually work, very well. My husband and I each lost more than 10 lbs. in the first week. The book refers to his website, A LOT, for more information so at the end of the 2 week fast track plan I bit the bullet and paid for an online subscription. It is a HUGE disappointment. There are a few good items like the menu and recipes but really, once you get the hang of the overall idea of this way of eating you can find free menus anywhere online. The book promised lists of "approved supplements" and "approved products," as well as the option to purchase these items directly from the site. I have searched the site thoroughly and none of this is true. It is basically a support group forum. The search engine on the site is particularly bad. I tried to search for the word "supplement" in all of the posts but it came up with zero entries. The "Jay Robb" brand of protein shakes that are advertised as "available for purchase" in the book got zero hits on the website, as well as the "Primal Fuel" brand. The word "stevia," which is the only approved sweetener in the book came up with one hit, in a recipe that was posted 7 months ago. The "Contact Us" section is full of links that point back to the forums or basic FAQs on the site. The only e-mail option is to the billing department if you want to cancel your subscription, which I am doing right now. The website subscription is truly a waste. I'd stick with his books.

Update - I cancelled my subscription and got charged again anyway when the 3 months was up. I would DEFINITELY stay away from signing up online. I have e-mailed twice with no response and have to report the charges as fraudulent to my bank to get my money back.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Belly Fat Cure Diet, October 17, 2011
It really works. I lost 11 lbs. in 14 days. Have to eat all three meals everyday and work out about 30 minutes a day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Belly Fat Cure Fast Track - One Lane Only, September 21, 2011
Before I review this book let's take a trip down memory lane and look at the two previous books. THE BELLY FAT CURE is a fast food lover's dream. Like the EAT THIS, NOT THAT books, Cruise took every fast food and/or fattening restaurant meal and gave us healthy alternatives. He even included popular coffee shops and juice bars. The glossy pictures showed the temptation on the left and the healthy alternative on the right. The new meals used all the food groups and were much lower in sugar and fattening carbohydrates.

THE BELLY FAT CURE SUGAR & CARB COUNTER is a purse sized book that allows you to do three things 1) build a healthy grocery list, 2) plan your meals for the week, and 3) make healthy selections in fast food restaurants. You could easily create a permanent grocery story list, fast food meal list, and menu planner to rotate every week from this little guide.

Now let's talk about the new book THE BELLY FAT CURE FAST TRACK. There are lots of success stories with suggestions for keeping you on the straight and narrow (like the BIGGEST LOSER books), a section on adding exercise to your life, and a section on curing your sugar addiction. There are shopping lists for Costco, Target, Walmart and Sam's Club. (For those of us who do not have these stores close by, I am not sure what the author expects us to do.) All of this information takes up almost half the book. The other half is devoted to menus and recipes.

The same beautiful glossy photos of meals and snacks appear on the left with the recipes on the right. The only problem I have is that the recipes are all high protein - meat (including deli meat), eggs, cheese, chicken, fish, etc. There are veggies (broccoli, mushrooms, asparagus, salads, etc.) and some nuts and chocolate for snacks and desserts. These are the only food groups you are allowed to eat for two weeks. There is also no nutritional information listed with the recipes. This does not help those who need to keep track of salt intake (sodium) or sugar or fat or calories for that matter.

So what's a healthy minded person to do? Here are my recommendations. Show this book to your doctor if you have any health issues before you start on this 14 day plan. Other than that, my suggestion would be to combine the meals in this book with the ones outlined in the first book. That way you are eating healthy balanced meals and not depriving yourself as you lose weight.

4.0 out of 5 stars Jorge got it right the first time!, May 10, 2012
Jorge Cruise got it right the first time with his original Belly Fat Cure book. I purchased that book last year after losing 60 pounds just exercising, but not being able to lose my belly fat. Jorge hit the nail on the head when he said that sugar was the enemy because it really is! What I loved about the original BFC was the fact that you were allowed to eat complex carbs and still lose weight. I have never been able to lose as much as he claims, but I was losing following his diet and exercising and not feeling deprived. Now, in his original BFC book, he claims you do not have to exercise, where as in his Fast track he says to do 30 minutes a day, by walking in the AM and doing some simple exercises with a chair. Again, he got that part right! But, I don't agree with his Fast Track diet (life style) totally. Only because I do not believe a normal person can stay on this diet indefinitely. I won't even get into his internet EXTREME BFC, because I see that as a fad diet. Yes, I said it, it's a diet, never a life style change, as he claims. Do I recommend this book? Yes, but only as an additional purchase to his original BFC. I do think the Fast Track can help you kick start a program or help you get over a plateau, but the original BFC is a lifestyle change that people can live with. Jorge is definitely really close to our answer to obesity!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for, January 28, 2012
This works! It may be similar to the Atkins in that protein is a key, but you eat a variety of vegetables and can munch on a handful of nuts if you get hungry.

5.0 out of 5 stars I was skeptical, April 2, 2013
Catherine Ardrey (Buda, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I lost 13 impossible lbs in less than 5 weeks and I've been trying to do this FOR YEARS. This works for me.

$19.95 $13.85