Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 9, 2014
My 4-year-old likes this book, and as a parent, I like the main theme. Brother Bear is kind to a young kid at the park, and at the end of the book, his kindness is rewarded. There's less conflict/misbehavior in this book than many of the other Berenstain Bears books. Be advised that this book does contain a couple of Biblical references that kind of sneaked up on us. This was not a problem or a perk to us, I guess, but for some people it may be one or the other.
on July 16, 2014
My 4-year-old loves the Berenstain Bears books and we have many of them that we cycle through on a regular basis. I was disappointed to receive this one and discover that it has a religious theme and even includes bible quotations. There was nothing in the Amazon description to suggest that the tone of this book is that different from the others, and as my family is not Christian, I feel uncomfortable reading it to my children.
on August 2, 2013
This book purports to teach a lesson about kindness by showing that if you are kind to others then you will get something in return. Really? That is the reason we should be kind to others?? What a terrible moral lesson to teach anyone, especially a child.
on June 13, 2011
I am grateful for attractive, short books that call attention to acts and personal characteristics that make a happier world for kids.
on May 6, 2016
It always amazed me how well these BB stories held up over time from when I was a kid to now about 30 years later that many of these still ring true.
I liked the message in this one - being nice to others does come back to you.

Since Brother let a much younger cub help him with his model airplanes, he was able to help an older group of bears launch a rocket.

Nicely illustrated and on-point with the message.
Makes my son want to build and fly model airplanes
on July 16, 2011
I love these books because they help me to teach my little guys proper manners and how to behave. There are always good lessons in all of the Berenstain Bears books.
on March 14, 2016
Review of trying a picture book on Kindle App for Android - ugh no fun at all! I'm sure the story is great but kids books need to have illustrations to be engaging to kids, and trying this out on Kindle App showed just a few small illustrations, you had to click on to see it bigger which opened another window you had to close to continue reading the story. And I have a phablet - a very large screen. I guess I'll have to buy an old fashioned paper copy.
on April 12, 2016
As other reviewers have noted, the religious theme of this book was not disclosed in the description. It's very inconsiderate to assume everyone buying this book is a christian. It's also silly to believe that christian principles are the only way to teach kindness.

To add insult to injury, this story is badly told if not abysmally boring. I couldn't even keep my children interested. First of all - who talks like that anymore? Yes I realize the authors are a 100 years old (give or take) but the language in these books is quickly becoming outdated. I don't want to teach my children the way people spoke English 70 years ago when I'm reading them a story. Many times I had to stop and rephrase words and sentences or just make up the story as I went along, otherwise my kids eyes would have continued to glaze over.
on June 1, 2015
Ugh. First this whole gist of this story (do something nice for someone and someone will do something nice for you) is a bit cynical and the bible bit was a total drag. I should have read the reviews--but it's Berenstain Bear book--it never even crossed my mind to read the reviews. We strive to impart a strong moral compass in our kids, without any religious overtones so the surprising bible verses were unwelcome.
on June 12, 2014
We grew up reading this series and I was glad I could pass on the heritage to my Baby Girl. She loves the series and I feel the underlining message is passing through to her which is the most important part.