Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME

Format: Paperback|Change

on December 27, 2008
Very nice story. It's a little wordy for the younger ones, but still interesting.

Brother and Sister are disappointed because they don't make the basketball team and the school play, respectively. (They're chosen to be the team and stage managers instead.) They feel very disappointed and unappreciated. Mama, with some clumsy "help" from Papa, lol, is able to explain that God loves us no matter what, and that Brother's and Sister's teachers must have a lot of confidence in the cubs, to have given them jobs that require so much responsibility. It's a story almost everyone can relate to, and it would encourage youngsters (or their parents) who are in similar situations.
on March 11, 2016
I bought this book for my kids to read for homeschool. They love it! I grew up with the Berenstain bears and am a huge fan, so I also love this book. It's sewing seeds of faith in my kids. I love that. The illustrations are detailed and the story contains a great mix of simple and slightly challenging vocabulary words that hold children's attention and keep young ones on their toes as they improve their reading skills.
on January 23, 2016
Unfortunately this makes Papa Bear seem like a fool ... Mama Bear has to correct/explain answers to the kids questions. Hate that some of the BBears books do this! They're such good books otherwise! But I can't recommend this specific book.
on January 13, 2015
Every child will go through some sort of disappointment in life. This book is wonderful; its story captures the, sometimes hard, life lesson - that God doesn't always give you what you want, but He loves you and always has a plan for you. Books like this are great in helping me teach my little one about God's big love.
on August 23, 2013
So nice for my kids to see favorite characters learning about God, that was so refreshing. We will be looking for the physical copy of this book the next time we make it to a bookstore. We don't often do that now with the convenience of a Kindle, but all their other B. bear books are falling apart from being so loved, so it is time to look for more.
on December 25, 2013
I think this book and the others like it are very good at helping to teach children about God's love, and loving others. I bought this book for my grandson and he loves the Berenstain Bears. I will likely purchase more of these books in the future.
on December 14, 2014
Such a cute book! I purchased this for my 3 year old and he loves it. Great message about God and easy to understand. I love all things Berenstain anyway, so I knew I wanted this book for my son. Great read and overall would buy again as a gift for a child in my son's same age group.
on June 26, 2015
glad someone is writing children's books with such good & positive values. It is such a refreshing change from all the fairies, witches & monsters that seem to be the norm today. A bit wordy though for the little ones, I have to cut is down a bit when reading to my 4 year old
on November 16, 2012
Great book for a child, gave this book to my son among other realted berenstain bear books on his brother baptism so he (2 years old) would also have something to open, the message in this and the other berenstain books is always great.
on October 1, 2012
I bought this for my granddaughter, she is almost three years old. I think this book is too old for her. Maybe in a couple of years it will be more understandable for her. I was disappointed, had hoped to give it to her for Christmas.