5.0 out of 5 stars classic toddler story
Published on July 15, 2000 by angelie mccord

1.0 out of 5 stars Love the story but the book shows up on screen ...
Love the story but the book shows up on screen very small. It only fills about 1/8 of my screen.
Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars classic toddler story, July 15, 2000
This review is from: The Berenstain Bears and the Spooky Old Tree (Hardcover)
This is one of my favorite children stories of all times. I read this to my preschool class around halloween and they enjoyed it so much they would ask for it year round. It was especially delightful when I bought the cassette. The creeking of the door and stepping into the darkness made the children laugh with delight. I read it to my own son and allowed him to play the tape over and over, he quickly learned all the words. The most delightful memory I have of my son is him trying to imitate the sounds the cassette made. I now would like to pass this story on to my three godsons and I can only find the book not the cassette. What a great fun story for children. It brought a lot of joy and laughter to many children including my own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm childhood memories relived, November 16, 2003
"beebs1044" (Churchville, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Berenstain Bears and the Spooky Old Tree (Hardcover)
Like the others this was the first book that I learned to "read." My parents read it to me so many times that I memorized it before I actually learned to read the words themselves. Unfortunately because it's been my favorite book my three younger sisters, the youngest two being significantly younger, never got to read it because I hid it away. Now that I've found it again here they'll have a chance to see my favorite book. Of course it ends with one of the best lines in childhood literature, "Home again, safe at last."

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!!!, March 24, 2001
This review is from: The Berenstain Bears and the Spooky Old Tree (Hardcover)
This was one of the first books I had ever read as a child. It was also one of my favorite. I bought it again just to keep on my bookshelf so my and my friends children can enjoy it as much as I do. I HIGHLY recommend this book, not only for those of early childhood ages, but for those who are young at heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars I remember this one, February 28, 2012
This review is from: The Berenstain Bears and the Spooky Old Tree (Hardcover)
I could not have been any older then four when this book was first read to me. I remember it made an impression on me I did find the tree to be Spooky and indeed woke up screaming for more then a month. It wasn't of course until I was in High School that I finally understood it. The book is about the power of imagination more specifically the power that imagination has to make a mundane object i.e the Spooking Old Tree a source of fear. Those are the children's books that stick with you even more then two decades later.

5.0 out of 5 stars My childhood favorite, and now my kids love it., September 24, 2011
This review is from: The Berenstain Bears and the Spooky Old Tree (Hardcover)
My mother saved all my childhood books, and I'm so grateful that she did. I'm sure that I would have forgotten books such as this one, despite requesting to have it read to me hundreds of times as a child. Sure enough, now my 3 year old son adores it as much as I did, and requests to have it read to him again and again. It is a nice length (not too long), not too many words on the pages, and the illustrations are great.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for all young readers, September 1, 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: The Berenstain Bears and the Spooky Old Tree (Hardcover)
This is a great book to read to young children. The book can be read with a lot of acting and the children love it. It was one of my daughters favorites and I gave it too all the new children in the family till I couldn't find it locally. I highly recommand this book for all young children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Woohoo! I Found It!, February 2, 2004
This review is from: The Berenstain Bears and the Spooky Old Tree (Hardcover)
Excellent children's book! One of my all-time favorites when growing up. I STILL have the copy and I am old enough to wipe my own hiney and drive it around. ;) Anyhow, Jan and Stan Berenstain did a marvelous job writing this book. The pictures are what you would expect from these creative writers.
Basically, 3 bears go out on an adventure carrying 3 items to which they eventually use and lose on their journey through the dark, spoooooky old tree. Will they dare go into that spooooky old tree? Yes! They dare! And read it to find out what happens! What will they find? What will they lose? Will they survive? Fate shall choose! ;)

4.0 out of 5 stars My three year old son loves it!!!!, November 12, 2006
This review is from: The Berenstain Bears and the Spooky Old Tree (Hardcover)
I bought this for Halloween for my son. Well, it is now mid-November and his other Halloween books have been put away, but my son still loves this. This is the first book he can "read". (Actually he has memorized the text, which is quite simple.) So it is a big milestone for him.

The story is about three bears who explore a scary-looking tree. They encounter obstacles and escape to their mom at home in the end. My son LOVES looking at the scary pictures. It is like he is trying to frighten himself, yet knows that everything turns out all right. He is constantly asking over and over "What is that?" pointing at the spiders and bats and various other parts of the pictures. (He knows that they are spiders and bats--he just enjoys asking me! ;-)

I am only giving this four stars, rather than five, because the binding in our hard-bound copy is coming loose and unglued. It is only two months old and we take care of it. So I don't think the publishers put it together very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book ever, November 3, 2010
This review is from: The Berenstain Bears and the Spooky Old Tree (Hardcover)
A good learning book, my favorite growing up, now I am reading it to my son!

5.0 out of 5 stars Berenstain Bears for a Second Generation, March 13, 2006
Sandy R. "Nana" (Harleysville, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Berenstain Bears and the Spooky Old Tree (Hardcover)
My daughter Jamie wanted to buy this book to give to my three year old grandson, Gavin, so I ordered it from Amazon for her. Jamie, who is now 25, remembers how much she enjoyed this book when she was young and wanted to share it with her nephew. He was able to "read" it right away. I have since also ordered Bears in the Night, which is another early reader book. These two are wonderful classics for any mother or grandmother to add to a child's collection.

The Berenstain Bears and the Spooky Old Tree
The Berenstain Bears and the Spooky Old Tree by Stan Berenstain (Hardcover - September 12, 1978)
$8.99