5.0 out of 5 stars Best of Don!
Published on November 5, 2001 by Dale Harris

3.0 out of 5 stars slightly disappointed
CD quality seemed a little poor, but it may have been my CD player. It was a gift for my Dad and that was his comment, but I had to agree with him. It was not really worth sending it back.
Published 17 months ago by Azalea Blush

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of Don!, November 5, 2001
This review is from: The Best of Don Williams: 20th Century Masters (Millennium Collection) (Audio CD)
If you're a Don Williams fan, you certainly don't need a review to tell you about the songs on this CD. If you're not yet a fan, then this CD is a great place to start. This CD provides the basic "Don Collection", his older works. I don't believe anything on this work was recorded after about 1988...which is good news for you. I believe Don's best work is his oldest. He has a truly beautiful mellow, barritone voice that stands above any other you'll ever hear. Once you've enjoyed this CD, do yourself another favor and buy the oldest works of his you can find (Greatest Hits Vol. 1, or Listen to the Radio).

5.0 out of 5 stars DON WILLIAMS--IS THE BEST!, June 13, 2000
I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH ABOUT DON WILLIAMS-TRUE COUNTRY COMES OUT THRU THIS ALBUM/CD.ALL THE BEST OF HIS WORK. WHILE IM WORKING ON THE COMPUTER OR CLEANING MY HOUSE DON HAS A WAY OF MAKING TIME GO BY (WHICH IS A GOOD THING )HE SINGS FROM THE HEART THE WAY COUNTRY MUSIC SHOULD BE. IF YOU WANT YOUR SPIRITS TO BE UP LIFTED OR JUST WANT GOOD CLEAN COUNTRY MUSIC THIS IS THE ALBUM/CD FOR YOU! :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Warm Blanket of Country Sounds, August 14, 2003
What bad things can you say about Don Williams? Nothing comes to mind. His voice makes the simplistic, pure songs that he sings sound like nothing else. Mr. Williams' voice is like a warm blanket. If you feel bad, put on "Lord, I Hope This Day Is Good." Feeling a little reminiscent? Play "Good Ole Boys Like Me." There is not a bad song on this album, not one. From "I Believe In You" to "Tulsa Time" and finalized by "Some Broken Hearts Never Mend," this album has it all. I didn't give it five stars for the simple reason that I listen to other artists a little more than Mr. Williams. However, this album ranks as one of my all time favorites and I love listening to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don Williams The Gentle Giant, June 11, 2005
Sylvia Vanderford (Roseville, CA. USA) - See all my reviews
What a great album. I have this one and I can honestly say that I don't know which one is the best. But how can I say that anyone of Don's song aren't the best. Don has been a favorite of mine for along time. He has such a gentle voice and when you go to one of his concerts - OH MY!!! what a show. They are well worth attending and you will definitely fall in love with this gentle giant and that beautiful voice. I am never afraid to buy any of his albums or CD'S because I know that I will never be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best of Don Williams Vol 1, July 3, 2006
This is a great CD and I recommend it to any Don Williams Fan. I received this item within 7 days of my order.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ultimate in Don Williams, July 1, 2001
John Goins (Lexington, Kentucky United States) - See all my reviews
I was raised listening to Country and Bluegrass music from a radio sitting on top fo the fridge. I remember many artists of great popularity, the one that stayed in my heart the most was Don Williams. If you have never listened to a Don Williams song you have truly missed something. Sometimes I can feel the emotion he sings with. Don sings what the average working man feels about love. Add this to your collection you won't be sorry

5.0 out of 5 stars Don Williams is a real voice master, January 10, 2007
Sharon L Younts (Greensboro, NC USA) - See all my reviews
l love the soothing, rich sound that Don Williams has. His voice is so mellow and I just find myself relaxing and forgetting the stress of the day frome the sound of his voice. I really think this is one great cd.

5.0 out of 5 stars An underrated country music singer, March 4, 2008
I have always thought Don Williams deserved a lot more credit than what he got. He has a great country music voice. Don can make any song his own. He's that good. And in 2000, he was awarded a collection in UMG's series '20th Century Masters.'

This is the best of Williams' MCA years. How does this collection measure up?

Positives
-Every Williams hit on the MCA label is here. 'I Believe In You,' 'Tulsa Time,' and ''Til The Rivers Run Dry' all appear on this set.
-THE SOUND QUALITY IS EXCELLENT!!!
-You get underrated classics here. 'She Never Knew Me,' 'Say It Again' and 'Good Ole Boys Like Me' all appear on this set.

Negatives
None.

Overall, this is an excellent Williams set and it's perfect for the beginner. However, Williams was given a second volume in the series, and if you enjoyed this, you may want to buy that set as well.

Highly recommended for any country music fan. ENJOY!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, June 13, 2014
This was a gift for my brother. He loved it! He has been a big fan of Don Williams for a long time and could not wait to listen to it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best "Collection", June 12, 2014
I was extremely pleased to find all of my favorite Don Williams songs on this collection. Could not be happier.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›