4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty damn good
For all JJ Walker novices, get this one as your starter, then spread out from there. LA Freeway, Leavin Texas, and Up Against the Wall may be his best three songs.
Published on August 30, 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars BUYER BEWARE
Great tunes but the sound quality on this CD is horrid thanks to MCA. Long may you burn. Save your money and buy another collection.

BTW...when will the self-titled JJW be issued on CD. Same lame label as above. What a shame.
Published on December 5, 2009 by Ogg Oggelby

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty damn good, August 30, 1999
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Relaxing with the Scamp, May 19, 2001
I recently saw Jerry Jeff Walker in concert. He was lively and loud. He played almost every track on this CD, but he played them in a much more uptempo form. I found myself going back to the CD again and again after the concert. The CD is so relaxing and soothing. I find myself relating to his stories, and I am definately not a red-neck mother. His voice is very soothing, and what he says speaks to me. I do have country roots and Walker sings to them, but even if I didn't, I think his voice and the tunes would still appeal to most anyone. He sings a great story with much feeling.

3.0 out of 5 stars BUYER BEWARE, December 5, 2009
Ogg Oggelby (Deadwood, S.D.) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific, June 23, 2014
I knew it was great . Just replacing old cassettes destroyed in a storm and upgrading the recorded quality to boot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jerry Jeff Walker cd, September 8, 2013
Excellent album! I lLove to find the old albums on cds that are hard to find in the stores. Great sounds.

4.0 out of 5 stars He's in a niche, but what a niche, June 5, 2013
G. Simms "Ireadlots" (Washington, DC United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
While he may not have been a superstar, there are so many of his songs which where hits (by others) that it's refreshing to hear the originals. A true legend, if less known than he should be by the listening public. Definitely worth a purchase.;

5.0 out of 5 stars great music, July 8, 2012
This review is from: The Best Of Jerry Jeff Walker (MP3 Music)
I really enjoy my album. I am able to enjoy the music I remembered. Awesome, fantastic, super, amazing. A must have mp3 file.

4.0 out of 5 stars If you don't like country, March 23, 2008
This album was probably the first country flavored album I ever bought. Every song on this album is great and it brings back old momories. If you don't own any Jerry Jeff,this is probably the best one to start with.

The Best Of Jerry Jeff Walker