Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

on January 4, 2013
I think if someone takes the time and effort to condense their life story to 150 words, it is going to be worth reading. This is a collection of the best of these life stories as submitted and chosen by the Readers' Digest editors. I read the whole book straight through in just a few hours, but plan to go back to read a story here and there so that I can give each story more consideration. Some people wrote about a single memorable experience. Some people wrote about a person (parent, spouse, child...) that helped them find their way or set an example or made their life complete. Some stories made me laugh, some made me cry. The stories are rich, uplifting, heartbreaking, laughable and more. One car salesman wrote about his career in a way I will always remember. After reading all of them, I was inspired and wondered what (or who) I would choose to write about if I had to condense my 50+ years into 150 words. I finally determined what is the pivotal story of my life and wrote down my own 150-word story. Not many books propel me to think about what I value most and to act on it. The best ones do.
on October 29, 2013
These are 150 stories of real life - each told in 150 words or less. We meet all types of people from all walks of life and each with an individual point of view.

It is moving and amazing. Not all the people are writers in the usual sense. But, each of them tells a story that is a part of their life.

I am so very glad I read this book. And I think that if you are a fan of human nature and people watching, this is a book you will love.

It makes you see the world in all the beauty that there is to see. Some of the stories are so sad you will have tears in your eyes. But, every story will allow you to have awareness of how blessed we are to share the world with one another.
on February 21, 2013
I love it when I open a book,( not expecting much)and read it from cover to cover in one sitting. Each recollection is 150 words or less;perfect if you want to read, but only have a short time to do so.(waiting for a ride, work break etc)

The stories within embrace the full breadth & scope of human emotion.(and so will you, reading these!)Some stories leave you wanting more, others you empathize, some you applaud and others have you thinking "I thought I was the only one"

Do not expect all warm & fuzzies like the chicken soup books. Find instead, Human Beings going through the trials of life and realizing that Tears, Like Laughter are every bit as necessary as friends and family. And dont expect a lot of sad stories-this really is a book of ALL the emotions...sadness is just a part of the tales within

I intend on gifting this book out for Birthdays for my friends. The Stories are small enough that even those who dont read that often, will keep interested.
on January 12, 2013
As a contributor, I am biased to a degree. Still, the coming together of so many hearts and minds to examine life so "pointedly" (150 words or less) is an extraordinary experience for author and reader alike. The humanity of these stories leaves me chuckling and, at times, breathless...
on February 26, 2013
I read all of this in one evening. I could not stop reading the heart warming stories. It is totally worth the buy if you really need a mood lift, this is the book to read to get your spirits going!!!!
on December 4, 2012
I ordered it for myself, and am still reading it a little bit each day. Most of the stories are interesting.
on May 7, 2013
Love this little book. I was compelled to keep reading--these little stories are the best! it is an excellent value.
on June 12, 2013
Love the stories in this book. Not just a boring set of the same old same old. It is a complete set of stories for every reader. Love the one on page 111.
on March 6, 2013
This book has many stories about everyday life. Happy, sad, joyful,lifeforms and lost. I enjoyed these short stories! Light reading, easy.
on February 23, 2013
With no two people alike, the stories are like that also. Some are more touchy feely than others, just like the the people they portray.