Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on August 5, 2006
This booklet was originally a supplement to The Oprah Magazine.

A hundred pages of many small inspirational writings that deal with happiness, romance, weight, success, overcoming fear, overcoming failure, etc etc.

Many of these writings have a spiritul basis and are straight to the point and some of the points made are profound.

A great little read and something you can come back too when you need a little friendly advice.

A few of the writings are aimed at women, but even these are valuable to guys as well. Certainly NOT a chick book, it's for everyone and anyone who is still alive and looking to get more out of their life.
on July 30, 2011
I love Oprah's take on many different topics and found this book to be a fun and insightful gem. I couldn't find it anywhere else so was happy this seller still had it. It's such a wonderful little pick-me-up when i could use some advice. It's like having a sister or close girlfriend on call! Love it!
on June 26, 2015
I thought I was purchasing Oprah Winfrey's book "What I Know For Sure". What I actually got was "The Best of Oprah's: 'What I Know For Sure.' " This was a disappointment as I bought 3 copies of this book from 3 different companies. I am in the process of returnin g them. It is an inconvenience.
on October 2, 2014
A small book of wonderful daily inspirations and life lessons.
on July 13, 2011
Maya Angelou, the lauded poet, is Oprah's mentor -- that's what I'm taking away from this volume. The advice is framed in biographical context, but because I am not an African American girl who grew in poverty only to excel beyond my wildest dreams, I found little overlap with my own life. I was not abused by a cousin during childhood, nor did I stand down the Texas meat packing industry, and I do not live in an affluent neighborhood where people kiss up to me because I am famous. I have never been to Italy, never faced a 'big decision' on which China pattern to buy, and I have never struggled incessantly against a weight problem. I was not the target audience for this volume, which appears directed at women in the 18-27 age range. In short, they would find Oprah's personal anecdotes recounting the above topics meaningful.

Description of Appearance: "Supplement to O, the Oprah Magazine" according to the fine print on the cover. The pages are glossy magazine quality, rather than normal paper. It's 95 pages long, with Dove Soap advertisements on both front and back covers, and the advice excerpted originally appeared in issues of O, as each is prefaced by "May-June 2000" (Original Issue Date) up to "September 2004". The issue date page has a large, 48 font quote from the advice itself, further lowering the actual reading content to about 75 pages of total advice.

Overall, if you are a moderately successful man 30+, don't let a female talk you into reading this, you won't get much out of it.
on September 1, 2015
Unfortunately, this is not the book I thought I was purchasing, but a "Best of," instead. Feel like I was duped.
on January 7, 2015
I cannot believe the price I was charged for this minute book. It certainly is not worth over $30.
on February 5, 2015
As expected
on January 28, 2015
A great easy read. Broken up so you can read it like a book or one a day for inspiration.
on January 28, 2015
Awesome! I listened to the audio book 3 times already!