Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on January 4, 2012
Nice collection of Poe's works. It's mostly his more popular works but I'm sure one can find several favorites among them. Would have given it 5 stars if not for the very small print. PS The Kindle edition is very nice also.
on December 14, 2012
There is a dictionary at the back to help understand the different words that Poe is using, it is a great read, filled with some classic literature
on September 5, 2013
This little collection is 100% perfect! It has everything you need to understand! For example.... If you read "The Cask of Amontillado" and you don't know what the Latin says... Well there's a part in the back of the book that tells you all you need to know. Also the many difficult words that Mr. Poe uses can be defined in the back of the book.... Really great help.
on March 16, 2009
Poe is one of my favorites. I have much of The Tell-Tale Heart committed to memory. The Raven is another that sticks with me. There are few authors that have written in his style. One that comes to mind is R.A. Knowlton in one of his short stories about the painting Guernica by Picasso.

This collection of writings of Poe is a must read!
on January 1, 2013
I have been a fan of Edgar Allen Poe since I was in Middle School(a very long time ago). The Raven was my very first exposure to Poe's writings and I just fell in love with the almost melodic rhythms of the poem, the earnest in the tone for his lost Lenore, and the foreboding message of the ever haunting raven. It is a poem I have committed to memory. It is because of the Raven that I purchased a book of his entire works. My favorites from that book include The Mask of Red Death, Cast of Amontillado, Tell-Tale Heart, and the House of Usher to name a few. I strongly suggest these books for anyone. Some are a little dark and creepy, and some are focused on points in history (like the Mask of Red Death is thought to be a reference to the Bubonic Plague or some other great sickness), but they are all absolutely fascinating in their own way. They are completely worth it!
on November 23, 2013
I currently have one other, paperback collection of "assorted" works by Edgar Allen Poe. It is an older collection - which I purchased from Scholastic, off of one of my children's monthly "book club" orders - and while I'm not completely unhappy with it, it does not include several of Poe's more popular, more well-known poems which I had become acquainted with while I was in Senior High. THIS book does, and from this particular publisher - is relatively cheap/affordable as well. I already have, and would continue to recommend this collection to anyone out there who is looking for a GOOD, thorough - yet affordable - collection of Poe's works!!
on December 7, 2011
The Poe stories and poem ("The Raven") contained in this collection are the kind that you can read over and over again. You can read them aloud or to yourself and enjoy the language and style.

This collection includes the suspenseful "The Cask of Amontillado," the uneasiness of "The Masque of the Red Death" and the sheer insanity of "The Tell-Tale Heart." One of Poe's masterful skills is his character's! breathless! dialogue! and it's on full display here.
on March 10, 2015
The book is in immaculate condition. My fiancee was so excited when this came in the mail, Poe is her favorite author. If you do not know who this author is, then this book is not for you. Do not leave bad reviews because its not "twilight" or or "cinderella," Poe is a dark writer, and some of his stories are gruesome.
on August 8, 2013
I bought this book for my stepdaughter for Chrsitmas. She really seems to enjoy reading some of Poe's material after they read the Tell Tale Heart in school. A good book for anyone who enjoys gothic novels, poems, etc.
on October 26, 2013
Wish they had 1/2 stars as I would probably give this one 4 1/2 stars. I reserve
5 for very few books; things like Huck Finn.
Poe was definitely one of the great American writers. A bit repetitive from story
to story and he seemed to love to use fancy words incessantly just for the sake
of it at times.
But he can sure weave a tale and draw you in and terrorize you!
bookandsong