Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Audio CD|Change

on June 16, 2013
I bought this as a gift for my in-laws because I have often listened to "Wait Wait!" on NPR and enjoyed it very much. Apparently though, whoever edited for this CD decided the funniest bits were the raunchiest bits. My in laws could not finish the CD, they were so offended by it.
on January 14, 2011
I bought this CD to have something funny to listen to as I drive to work. I had to pull over a couple of times because I was laughing so hard. All the clips are funny, but there is one clip that was never aired and can only be heard on this CD. It, alone, is worth buying the CD. Highly recommend it!!!
on February 20, 2009
If you have ever enjoyed this weekly news and current events radio show this is great reminder of how funny and inspired it can be.If you have never listened to the show this cd will make you a fan.I hope they put more of the shows on cd.Peter Sagal is a great host and Paula Poundstone is one of the quickest comic minds in the country.
on October 21, 2013
There's a piece at the end that never got aired. I was in the audience when it was taped - it was howlingly funny. When I got this CD, I listened to it while I was driving home and had to pull over because I was laughing so hard that I couldn't see. Several months later I listened to it on a road trip with my mom. We laughed till we were crying and hitting each other.
on January 22, 2014
I had never heard of this PBS show before. I got the CD as a gift. It had some very funny moments. Someone in another review has mentioned it gets a little R rated at times. I guess that is why the show is not televised.
on January 16, 2014
Oh, the torture of being a young kid and taking long road trips with my father who loved NPR!! I bought this gift for him. It was awesome. He loved it, and honestly, I wouldn't mind getting a copy for myself. I guess it goes to show you, age does matter.
on May 20, 2013
I was looking for BOTs for a long car trip by myself and came across this on someone's list. I never heard of the show, but had ten hours to kill and thought, why not? Well the only disappointment was I only bought one volume! I could have easily listened to this the whole ten hours. It was so entertaining, interesting and yes funny. I'm not a laugh-out-loud kind of person, but I did chuckle several times. I'm going to order more for my trip back!
TOP 100 REVIEWERon March 13, 2013
I've always enjoyed the "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me" show on NPR when I remember to catch it on Saturday afternoons on my local NPR station. But I often forget. I've been "catching up", so to speak, by listening to three different two-CD collections from the WWDTM archives and boy am I having a blast! I have transferred some to my MP3 player and listen as I walk down the street or ride the bus. I've been getting strange looks for passersby, or fellow bus riders, when, at various points in listening I break out into a big laugh. And, I'll bet "dollars to donuts" ( a phrase you just might hear from one of the three rotating panelists - nearly all humorists like Roy Blount Jr or Paula Poundstone) that you will break out laughing at least a half-dozen times during the 22 "segments" included on each double-disc set.

This volume is different from the other two I just finished listening to in that the "sections" are not dedicated to a separate celebrity guest. The "chapters" are grouped by subjects like : " Thank You President Bush", "Our Animal Kingdom" and "Panelists Have Feelings Too", each including three or four quotes from the panelists. There a few selected "It's not my Job" interviews (Michael Moore, Drew Carey and Ted Koppel here but that's not the majority of the material. It is still funny though. One segment - the one that ends the album - is one they "couldn't air on the radio". The title is "Sign Language Goes Awary" and I won't spoil the fun by telling you any more.
. There's 2 hours of entertainment on this volume and it's funny!

While I gave the other two volumes (which include full segments, I'm giving this one four for two reasons: 1) It's more a hodge-podge of short clips than full segments and 2) much is political humor from 2005-2007 and is already dated.

Be forwarned, however, that if you listen to this in public places, you just might get some strange looks from others around you.
I hope you found this review both informative and helpful.

Steve Ramm
"Anything Phonographic"
on September 9, 2014
As an avid follower and listener to this show, I ordered it to listen to during a cross-country driving trip. Don't waste your money! This is NOT "The Best of..." I don't know who picked the segments, but I want to be on the committee for the next one. These were just dumb, dumb, dumb. We didn't even finish it...not funny, they seemed to pick the most puerile segments. So sad. This is one of the funniest shows on the radio, and doesn't deserve this treatment.
on January 17, 2010
This show is awesome...bought it for my bro-in-law who loves npr...now I need to get a copy for myself!