3,149 Reviews
 (2,370)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thread connects all parts
Published on March 3, 2013 by Rika

1.0 out of 5 stars Bluray isn't the same as TV version
Just got the this and sat down with the family to watch. By Abraham story I realized there were parts missing. I can't believe that I waited this whole time and it is a watered down version of the tv series. Just one Example below.

Spoiler:
Published 23 months ago by Ondi

5.0 out of 5 stars Thread connects all parts, March 3, 2013
We just watched the first part of this series and also an interview w/ the producers( Mark Burnett and wife Roma Downey, who played in the series Touched by an angel), which included additional clips.This series is really well done. It is an overview of the whole bible in less than 10 hours, so they had to leave some stuff out, to make it interesting and develop some characters. We felt ourselves drawn into the story. it is very engaging and the producers have done a great job keeping the thread through it all. I love how they connect all the dots and not just put all the stories next to each other.It starts w/ Noah in the ark, but he tells the story of creation and connects Adams and eves sin w/ the flood.They added their own imaginations to it,for example how Sarah would respond to the sacrifice. I also saw a nice clip of Jesus during the interview and Jesus is portrait as a gentle man w/ authority. Roma gets to play the older mother of Jesus( What's exciting, bec I always loved her as an angel in the Touched by an angel series.)Sure it can be graphic at times, but it also could be worse. It's well worth watching. Can't wait to see the whole series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the Best, March 25, 2013
Heartfelt, touching and so emotional. As a beliver, I was truly moved and emotional during the whole miniseries. Its a great ministry tool, and a great way to preach the Gospel to millions. Great Job!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Reaching the Masses, March 31, 2013
Terena4u (Virginia, USA) - See all my reviews
Instead of pointing out the inaccuracies in the mini-series by ones who are well versed in the Bible. We should be celebrating all of the people who watched it and now have a hunger to learn more about our God. The excitement of seeing the Bibles stories on the screen with such a large audience is sure to spill over and win souls for Christ.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for the family to watch, March 15, 2013
When we were watching The Bible series and Moses was raising the red sea, my 11 eleven year old son said, "Dad is this real?" I said this is true power, not the Harry Potter movies. I like the fact that in this series they mention alot, "Through GOD everything is possible!".

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Miniseries on Jesus and the Bible yet, March 30, 2013
This miniseries is the best by far of all the different movies made about God, Jesus, and the Bible. I already bought the movie so that my family for generations will be able to reflect back on these wonderful movies about My Lord and Savior.

5.0 out of 5 stars You Holy Rollers Best get in line..., March 30, 2013
This review is from: The Bible: The Epic Miniseries [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I have read though a few hours of remarks from 1 star to 5 star reviewers. Once again, I find many of you 1 to 3 star bible thumpers ( I say that to get your attention),harping on a few points that we really do not know about- mostly the ninja angels- I wasn't there, I didn't see them in action-and neither did you! In this day of Christianity being threatened on all fronts, with the rise of radical muslim fundamentalists, you would think we ALL would rally around something that has struck a nerve, in a good way, to spread the word on our religion and Jesus Christ. I have been to some of you 1-3 star reviewers churches in my time on this planet. Trust me, your mean, clicky and drive people away from the teachings of the bible and of the son of God. Some of you are here now blasting this because it's not well done in YOUR eyes. have you given thought of the eyes of those who do not yet know of Christianity or the teachings of Christ? Yes, maybe they have to leave a great deal out, yes, perhaps you don't like to see Blacks and Asians in the mini-series. I don't know what your problem is, but many of you are ANGRY about this mini-series. The most watched cable program in history. A program that is bringing people to the lord Jesus Christ. Instead of embracing this-you fight it. I am sure YOU would have made a more "realistic" mini-series. To who's standard? No one is stopping you. Go and raise the money and make one you want. Until then I wish you would just shut up unless you have something good to say. Now go back to your church and brag about how much you love God and show people how righteous you are while you continue to give Christians a bad name. Thank you Roma for having the courage to make something that will be attacked. Thank you to the History Channel for airing this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bluray isn't the same as TV version, April 7, 2013

Spoiler:
Example: When Lot is captured and Abraham rescues him. In the bluray after the battle Abraham goes to Lot and says "let's stick together as a family" the Lot says "no uncle, we move on to Sodom". Abraham then out of nowhere gives a strange look to Lot's wife and then tells his men "we are leaving". All of this didn't fit together well.
Now, in the actual TV version, after Abraham says "let's stick together" Lot says "no" then Abraham says "but we sacraficed so many of our men to save you". Then Lot says "we lost many men as well. We must move on to Sodom". Then Lot's wife says "the city is where we need to be. Come with us!" Abraham then gives her the strange look I was talking about.
The TV version made so much more sense! What is going on? Who knows what other parts are cut out from the TV version?? Never seen anything like this.

I am returning this and calling the company who made it. What a disappointment!! Did they think we wouldn't notice!?

5.0 out of 5 stars It's always like this....., March 18, 2013
This review is from: The Bible: The Epic Miniseries [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Isn't it always the same? The movie was not as good as the book was.
Ok, let's enjoy the movie for bringing millions of people together to watch the great story of Jesus. Are there some things that are not exact, YES. Is it completely inaccurate, NO.

I don't think that this movie should get a 1-star or a 2-star rating. That is just ridiculous. This is an exceptional miniseries depicting the greatest story ever told. Buy it when it comes out, you will not regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, March 25, 2013
It was about time someone finally recognized that all of humanity needs to learn about God. The bible was there all along but if you are like me, a visual learner, you appreciate watching it on a big screen, Amen!

4.0 out of 5 stars Remember It's A Television Mini-Series!, March 27, 2013
Kimba (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
I've watched the first four episodes on the History Channel and thoroughly enjoyed them and am looking forward to episode five. I've also read all 119 reviews here on Amazon and related comments. Sure, it's got a lot of inaccuracies, but it's entertaining (go ahead, 'Mitch H,' you can quote for the 20th time why one shouldn't distort what's in the Bible), it's piquing the interest of millions of non-Christians, and it's capturing the short attention span of children who are watching with their parents, who can hopefully fill in the missing parts and correct the inaccuracies (if they so choose, depending on the ages of the children). Maybe it will even spur those unchurched Christians (which is actually the majority of Christians) to revisit a Bible based church other than at Easter and Christmas. Besides, it's better than watching the Kardashians, Housewives of whatever city, etc. etc. Perhaps the commercial success of this mini-series will cause others to produce a lengthier, more accurate mini-series, because there clearly is a market for it.

The Bible: The Epic Miniseries [Blu-ray]
The Bible: The Epic Miniseries [Blu-ray] by Christopher Spencer (Blu-ray - 2014)
$69.99 $24.99