5.0 out of 5 stars Big Apple Posse--What a treat!
Published on March 5, 2011 by Philip Riley

3.0 out of 5 stars Standard young adult fare
The writing was what I've come to expect from writers who mainly write for the "tween" audience. It was well written and edited, but the plot and characters were not enough to keep me entertained. I would definitely recommend this for young adult readers who want a quick read, but shy away from this if you're looking for any depth.
Published 19 months ago by Rev357

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Apple Posse--What a treat!, March 5, 2011
This review is from: The Big Apple Posse: Escape From New York (The Big Apple Posse Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
It's like I know all those kids! This little novel has such well developed characters and a plot that won't let you put it down. That bit about leaving notes promising to return and repay for all the supplies they appropriated--what a howler! And that final exit from Manhattan...too funny. We'd love to get to know this little group better since there's no telling what kind of fix they'll get themselves into next!

3.0 out of 5 stars Standard young adult fare, November 20, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Great family fare!, August 13, 2011
What a page-turner! These kids are smart, funny, they take charge and win against the bad guys, taking along some interesting adults, too. Not too scary for the whole family, but this will be particularly empowering for tween and young adult readers. The author "gets" this generation and speaks their language, with fun and exciting results. Great illustrations, too. If you are tired of "wonky" looking e-books, this one will not disappoint. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is awesome and I'm no kid!, March 9, 2011
I'm not a big fan of children's books because I find them dull and condescending and just plain pandering. This, however, had me on the edge of my seat wanting to know what happens next. Williams writes with such confidence and creates kids characters we want to follow along this riveting and unpredictable journey. It's a very clever spin on an oft told tale. I don't want to give much away because the joy is in how it all plays out but I highly recommend it for adults as well as kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book!, July 8, 2012
Was a very fun and interesting book! Defiantly a book to share. This book is depicts a bunch of wonderful and brave kids having an adventure they will never forget.

5.0 out of 5 stars I live it, May 8, 2012
I'm a English learner, and I think its a perfect materials to study English.Through this book, I learned about Manhattan NYC, New Orleans, and America. I really love it.

Rate and Discover Movies