Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Big Bang: In the Beginning Was the Drum
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

I spotted a box of three tapes (that is why I bought the ceedee of the Big Bang later) full of percussion, in the Netherlands (Europe). After hearing the tapes in my car, they have stayed in the car. And each time that I drive, nothing can come between me and this beautiful collection of world rythm ! This box is fantastic !! It makes me dream of traveling to far distances, into unknown places where tribes drum on about anything that they can get their hands on and I dream then that I can take part in this tribe, in which they learn me how to use unknown forces to drum my heart out. And then suddenly I realize again that I am stuck in a traffic jam ! This ceedee is almost perfect. It would have been perfect if there had been no European or American percussionists in it ! Anyone who feels like I do can mail me for a chat about "drums in nature".
The Djembé-darbouka guy !
on September 6, 2012
I first heard the music on these CD's about 10 years ago and found the collection to be invigorating
and inspiring to listen to. The diverse Global music selections are outstanding in performance quality
and very enjoyable. If you're a drumming or percussion enthusiest, this music selection will grab you and take you on
a world tour of rich cultural music to be greatly enjoyed!
on July 10, 2016
I don't know what is wrong with these world musics songs based on drummers but even 3 cds, it doesn't satisfy. More of a world music affair and was billed as a drumming cd.
on February 27, 2015
I had this CD 20 years ago... it's what sparked a lifelong exploration into world percussion. I lost the CD years ago during a move, and am so glad to find it here!
on August 8, 2014
Love love love these CD's !!