Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 17, 2014
I greatly enjoyed this wonderfully long winded more intimate look into the acting genius behind one of Americas most beloved recent characters and shows (paying respect to his Cast and Crew members myself as he does often). Disclaimer: I am from the South, born n raised with close relatives in Houston, so I am influenced by Master Parsons background as well as his pleasant Southern charm.

The only regret that I can name is this video was edited to remove the video clips from Jim's earlier work and the BBT, and I would really like to see any cut time including the video and any edited Q&A.

Thanks for this Jim!
on November 3, 2012
I thought it was good! I've always wanted to watch an interview with Jim Parsons to hear more about him outside of regular talk shows and to get his perspective about the Big Bang Theory!
I was late to the party for "The Big Bang Theory" -- didn't start watching it until Season 4, but got caught up quickly with all the reruns. And I was hooked.

Jim Parsons's characterization of Sheldon Cooper is truly magical. He strikes just the right notes of crazy-intelligent geeky socially awkward adult without turning it into a cartoon. So I was interested in seeing what he would have to say in an interview and Q&A session. I wasn't disappointed.

First the good stuff: Jim Parsons, like his character, is from Texas, and the Texas "drawl" isn't an affectation for the character -- it's real. He struck me as extremely intelligent - not "Sheldon Cooper brainiac intelligent," but definitely smart. And he has no real background in science. He discusses his work habits - how he prepares for taping, etc. -- and his background. I found his answers both honest and direct.

Now the not-so-good stuff -- the interviewer is VERY annoying. I can't exactly put my finger on why, except that she struck me as a starry-eyed college freshman meeting a celebrity for the first time. Also, Jim references scenes from the show and also from his earlier acting career which were obviously shown to the audience at the event, but none of them are included in this video, so there are "gaps" in the narrative.

That said, if you're a "Big Bang Theory" fan, this will probably appeal to you. Getting more background on one of the popular characters helped me get a better picture of the talent involved. Very enjoyable.
on August 21, 2013
You got to love Jim as the character to get through this boring amateur interview. Audience was sparse and the lack of showing the scenes in the background to help Jim to answer the questions and remind the audience of what scene and show the interviewer was asking about was annoying and left you feeling lost. I am giving three stars instead of two just so I dont insult Mr. Parsons as none of it was his fault.
on December 1, 2012
Wonderful interview!!! Interviewer not so hot, but should appeal to all Jim Parsons fans nontheless. JP very relaxed and easy to listen to.
on August 1, 2015
We have seen Jim Parsons play characters that are quite different from "Dr. Sheldon Lee Cooper" so it is very interesting to hear him talk at length about his preparation to portray the BBT theoretical physicist. So if you are a fan, find an hour to watch this video. You'll learn more about the man from this interview than you will from a five to ten minute spot on a talk show.
on January 15, 2015
Charming. Jim Parsons is both like and unlike Sheldon. He speaks candidly about business and acting issues, decisions and choices, about his lack of a science background but he comes across as devoid of conceit or any kind of malice. Production values of the show were 'local cable channel and/or college' level. Both because of that and because this is just a charming conversation I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars. But I rarely give anything 4 stars, even fewer 5, and if its 3 stars or less I usually won't watch it. So this film is a bare-bones conversation on a stage with an interesting actor who's a critical - and amazingly unaffected - part of a very charming show.
on October 19, 2013
It is entertaining and informative. Wow that sounds dull. No, it's very good. The only reason I have any reservations are my fault. I thought it would be more current. I just assumed the interview would be set around season 5 not 3ish. Worth watching.
on January 20, 2014
I didn't bother reading any reviews about this program before I watched it, so my expectations were not based on much. This is just a media studies forum, with a host & the guest (Jim Parsons), with audience Q&A afterwards. A great deal of the interview consisted of issues about the clip(s) that was shown to the audience, but not to us, the at-home viewers, so the relevancy factor was rather low there. I was hoping for a general "talk" from Mr Parsons.

To be fair, within the context of what the program was about:
The host was very knowledgeable and presented herself well, and Jim was open and interesting with his answers & commentary. Kudos to him for his ease on stage. The audience questions were rather predictable, though.

I think that this would be best suited for dedicated fanboys of the show, as well as to students of theater (drama, film, TV, etc). For them, this should be an interesting exercise.
on March 11, 2014
This is so good. Jim Parsons is wonderful, I put him right up there with Tim Conway, Bob Newhart and Jonathan Winters real comic genius. I recommend this to all Big Bang Theory fans.