5.0 out of 5 stars A WHOLE NEW UNIVERSE OF INTELLIGENT LAUGHS!
In the cult tradition of SPARTACUS, the halls of every science department now echoes: "I AM SHELDON"!

Well into its third season, THE BIG BANG THEORY proved to be one of the most funny TV sitcoms ever aired. I had not laughed out loud this hard ever since the best days of FRASIER and SEINFELD - and BIG BANG is consistently brilliant!

Sheldon Cooper...
Published on March 5, 2010 by NeuroSplicer

1.0 out of 5 stars Big Disappointment
The first two seasons were brilliant TV, there were often moments that made me laugh out loud. The third season is wretched. The laugh track is obnoxious and the humor has gone stale. The first two seasons were clever and smart, this season is dull and unfunny. There are very few television shows that require you to be aware and intelligent, it's a shame that Big Bang...
Published 5 months ago by industrial arts

5.0 out of 5 stars A WHOLE NEW UNIVERSE OF INTELLIGENT LAUGHS!, March 5, 2010
NeuroSplicer (Freeside, in geosynchronous orbit) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Big Bang Theory: Season 3 (DVD)

Sheldon Cooper is unavoidably the king of the show - the massive black hole this Universe revolves around if you will. A child prodigy, now a 24 years old theoretical physicist PhD with absolutely no social skills or known sexual drive. Sheldon may be on the verge of unifying the fields but cannot drive a car to save his life or break a smile even remotely resembling that of a mere homo sapiens.
Best SEASON 3 moment (a very hard choice to make): attempting to condition Penny using positive reinforcement (chocolates) - but was also open to "mild electric-shocks with almost imperceptible tissue damage" to have her ready by dinner-time.

Leonard Hofstadter is Sheldon's roommate and primary ...keeper. An experimental physicist himself, he juggles Sheldon's idiosyncrasies with his personal neurosis - not to mention his crush on his neighbor Penny.
Best SEASON 3 moment: getting high on hash-cookies while on an asteroid-gazing camp-trip and rambling that he 'd rather have a different name as Leonard sounds like having "nerd" in it.

Howard Wolowitz is the only one with no PhD yet (and Sheldon never lets him forget it). An electrical engineer whose crowning achievement is a mechanized arm that is used in the space shuttle (and is now working on its liquid waste management solutions). The fact that he is a short man with a severely outdated and misguided sense of fashion, still lives with his mother, insists on using a collection of pickup lines straight from men's magazines advice columns - and yet carries himself as God's gift to women is just hilarious.
Best SEASON 3 moment: turning into Gothowitz by use of fake tattoo-sleeves to pick up "easy morbid Goth girls".

Rajesh Koothrappali is a particle astrophysicist with a fashion sense close to absolute zero and a severe case of shyness - to the point that he cannot speak in front of women unless inebriated. He keeps using the "poor Indian" defense although his father is a rich doctor who drives a Bentley.
Best SEASON 3 moment: wearing a T-shirt with a small speaker and a large selection of sound-effects, he uses it brilliantly to dramatize his answers. HOWARD: "But Sheldon, you ARE guilty". RAJEH: "[playing the Law & Order Doom-DOOM]!"

Finally, Penny. She is the proverbial good girl next door who came to California with stardom aspirations but so far works as waitress and suffers a sequence of bad boyfriends - and from her neighbors.
Best SEASON 3 moment: waiting at the hospital with Sheldon taking her medical history. "Migraines?" "Well, I'm getting one now!"

The show unavoidably makes use of previous sitcom combinations (the odd couple, the unfulfilled love-interest mismatch) but even if one manages to discern them they are used in such a fresh manner that all that is left is great entertainment!

The way to truly enjoy this is to own it on DVD. The writing is so smart and the jokes fly so fast (many of them non-verbal) there is just no way to savor it during its weekly air time. Well, may be Sheldon could but then again, who can compare his intellect with his?

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovable geeks, March 5, 2010
This review is from: The Big Bang Theory: Season 3 (DVD)
When I saw the premiere of this show, I laughed hysterically but thought, will it appeal to a broad audience? Clearly, it has. As time has gone on, the character development has been great, and the writing is consistently good. As a professional physicist, I am also intrigued by the accuracy of the science. I have recommended the show to many non-scientists, and most have become hooked. It is great to have the DVD with commercial-free episodes.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Rare Bit of Entertainment for Geeks, March 11, 2010
Ron Watts (Anacortes, WA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Big Bang Theory: Season 3 (DVD)
I kept thinking that this show could not go on being funny, especially when Leonard and Penny finally began a real relationship. Surely it had jumped the shark at that point. But no, it is just as fresh and funny as it was at the beginning. I'm not much on rewatching shows for the most part, but I simply cannot tolerate commercials so I show my support by buying the DVDs. I can watch the shows at my leisure, when I want to, and I don't have to record and fast forward through the commercials. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars 3 seasons and still a good show, May 30, 2010
Ed Zeppelin (Fat City, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Big Bang Theory: Season 3 (DVD)
I'm looking forward to getting the 3rd season on DVD. There still are some interesting places for the characters to go, so I'm curious as to how the writers will handle this. The series finale hinted at a possible romantic relationship for Sheldon, which should be interesting in several dimensions.

Now I think the writers need to give Penny more to do- we know she's from Nebraska and has a brother, but beyond that there's not much background. What's her last name? We've seen (or heard) the other characters' parents- what are Penny's parents like? It would be fun to see Penny finally get some modeling or acting work. If I were one of the show's writers, I would put together an episode or two where Penny gets a bit part in a low budget sci-fi movie, and the guys overwhelm her with suggestions on costume and lines and keeping the science real.

Anyway, TBBT is one of my favorite shows, and I'm hoping for a great 4th season.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest TV Show on Air, August 11, 2010
Travis Fish (Atlanta, Ga USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Big Bang Theory: Season 3 (DVD)
I have been a 30 Rock, The Office, and Modern Family fan for a while and thought nothing could top the trio of comedy. Then I watched an episode of the Big Bang Theory. I had heard almost nothing about the show and was not too hopeful for it. It was absolutely hilarious, witty, and enjoyable. It has definitely made the top of my list. With the DVD, now I can watch them all again.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite shows ever!, July 26, 2010
This review is from: The Big Bang Theory: Season 3 (DVD)
Great Character interaction, never a dull show! Anyone who has ever been a geek of any kind can relate to this show!
Contains one of the series most hilarious episodes ever "The Einstein Approximation" when Sheldon is stumped by a difficult physics question, and wont give up trying to solving the question. Sheldon tries to use spherical representations for the atoms in the question and ends up at ball pit in the middle of the night. And when Leonard tries to get him out of the ball pit, Sheldon keeps diving and swimming through the balls popping up saying "Bazinga!" while Leonard tries to catch him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Comedy on TV, Jim Parsons Deserved his Emmy, August 30, 2010
This review is from: The Big Bang Theory: Season 3 (DVD)
The greatest COMEDY on TV at present. Sheldon is the BEST by far, he just cracks me up, the way Penny and Leonard treat him, you would think they where his parents, I just love the whole interaction between the three of them. Wolowitz, OMG, he really does think he's hot stuff, and good on him for thinking that, as for the relationship between he and his Mother, HILARIOUS. Raj, well what can I say, I just love him... I laugh myself senseless when when he switches accents, that is just brilliant piece of writing, he and Wolowitz are terrific together, they could even do a spinoff, and it would work. I do hope that Penny and Leonard never get back together though, there really is no need for a romance in this show.

Love it and just can't get enough of this show, we, in Australia are spoilt for choice at the moment as we can access TBBT on DVD, TV, and on cable, we are not called the 'The Lucky Country' for nothing...

5.0 out of 5 stars Episode Guide for Season 3, July 16, 2010
This review is from: The Big Bang Theory: Season 3 (DVD)
Season 3 of the hilarious comedy series aired from 2009-2010 and includes 23 episodes:

#1 - The Electric Can Opener Fluctuation (9/21/09) - Sheldon returns home to Texas when he discovers that his roommates altered the results of his Arctic research project.
#2 - The Jiminy Conjecture (9/28/09) - Leonard and Penny attempt a romantic evening while Sheldon and Howard bet comic books on a species of crickets.
#3 - The Gothowitz Deviation (10/5/09)- Howard and Raj visit a Goth bar while Sheldon uses chocolate on Penny to demonstrate to Leonard the power of behavior modification.
#4 - The Pirate Solution (10/12/09) - Raj needs a job to stay in the US and considers working for Sheldon.
#5 - The Creepy Candy Coating Corollary (10/19/09) - Sheldon meets up with Wil Wheaton, a Star Trek actor he doesn't care for.
#6 - The Cornhusker Vortex (11/2/09) - Leonard tries to fit in with Penny's football loving fans.
#7 - The Guitarist Amplification (11/9/09) - Leonard and Penny get into a big fight which unsettles Sheldon.
#8 - The Adhesive Duck Deficiency (11/16/09) - The guys go on a camping trip to observe a meteor shower.
#9 - The Vengeance Formulation (11/23/09) - Barry Kripke plays a practical joke on Sheldon when he appears on an NPR program.
#10 - The Gorilla Experiment (12/7/09) - Penny wants to understand Leonard's work so she seeks tutoring from Sheldon.
#11 - The Maternal Congruence (12/14/09) - Leonard's mother visits and he fears what her opinion of Penny will be.
#12 - The Psychic Vortex (1/11/10) - Penny believes in psychics which unsettles Leonard.
#13 - The Bozeman Reaction (1/18/10) - Leonard and Sheldon devise a security system after their apartment is robbed.
#14 - The Einstein Approximation (2/1/10) - Sheldon's dilemma to freeing his mental block involves working for Penny at The Cheesecake Factory.
#15 - The Large Hadron Collision (2/8/10) - Leonard must choose between Penny and Sheldon when he gets an invitation to Switzerland to attend a conference.
#16 - The Excelsior Acquisition (3/1/10) - Sheldon has to appear in traffic court on the same day Stan Lee is appearing at the comic book store.
#17 - The Precious Fragmentation (3/8/10) - A prop ring from "The Lord of the Rings" turns the guys relationships upside down.
#18 - The Pants Alternative (3/22/2010) - Sheldon has to accept an award but has a big fear of public speaking.
#19 - The Wheaton Recurrence (4/12/2010) - Sheldon competes against his nemesis Wil Wheaton in a bowling tournament.
#20 - The Spaghetti Catalyst (5/3/2010) - Sheldon has a spaghetti dinner with Penny but doesn't want the guys to know it.
#21 - The Plimpton Stimulation (5/10/2010) - An amorous female physicist riles up the boys.
#22 - The Staircase Implementation (5/17/2010) - Sheldon recalls the time when he and Leonard became roommates.
#23 - The Lunar Excitation (5/24/2010) - Howard and Raj find Sheldon a date on an Internet dating site.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this show...can't wait for more, August 25, 2011
S. Carlson (Huntington Beach, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
I really happened on The Big Bang Theory on a whim...I was in a Costco and saw the first two seasons on DVD for $10 each and thought I'd give it a chance. So glad I did. The ultra-nerds are totally relatable for me, and the writing is so witty and well done I laugh my way through a season in a weekend. Season 3 ups the ante, further exploring Leonard's hopeless crush on Penny and bringing Sheldon's unintentionally rude commentary to a whole new level. I wish they would be a little quicker in bringing out the Blu-Rays, though. I feel like I've waited forever to see Season 4 in all its HD glory.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lunar Excitation, very funny, September 25, 2012
Leonard makes mistkes with women but is learning that there IS a double standard. And here is where we meet Amy for the first time and we are shocked that the relationship went well with Sheldon.

ARRAY(0xad5ceb88)

The Big Bang Theory: Season 3
The Big Bang Theory: Season 3 by Mark Cendrowski (DVD - 2010)
$44.98 $19.99